Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - New Album Release Date, Studio Footage Online

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past few months, you have already heard about a certain Black Sabbath album that's coming out this summer. Well, it has been confirmed that June 11th in the US and June 10th in Europe is the official release date of this new record, 13. Below you can watch a Jack Osbourne-directed clip of the heavy metal legends at work on the album and bits of new music offered as a tease.

Vertigo (worldwide) and Vertigo/Republic in the US will release 13. It features bassist Geezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne while the drum tracks were recorded by Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine). The first studio clip can be seen here.

Beginning today, 13 will be available for pre-order on a variety of formats via http://www.blacksabbath.com. The various options include:

• Standard CD album
  • Deluxe double CD album in a deluxe soft-pack (includes a second disc of exclusive bonus audio material)
  • Vinyl: a 12" heavyweight (180g) vinyl album in a gatefold sleeve
  • Super Deluxe Box Set: a Limited edition 12" clamshell box set which contains: Deluxe double CD album, 12" heavyweight (180g) vinyl album in a gatefold sleeve, Exclusive DVD containing "Black Sabbath--The Re-union" documentary, plus 5 behind-the-scenes videos, Download card containing exclusive track by track interview with Black Sabbath, 13 exclusive photographic prints and hand written album lyrics.

In addition, anyone who pre-orders any of these formats via www.blacksabbath.com will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of VIP tickets to an official 13 album launch event in London, including a meet and greet with the band, flights and accommodation.

Source: blacksabbath.com
    Band profile: Black Sabbath
  • Posted: 13.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 22   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 276 users
    13.03.2013 - 21:49
    Auntie Sahar
    Drone Empress
    Tony and Geezer proved with The Devil You Know that they've both still got it as composers. So here's hoping that Ozzy and Brad Wilk do a good job of backing them up. Also, if the fact that Rick Rubin is producing is to be taken as any indication of quality, it'll probably be at the very least a decent album.
    ----
    I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
    13.03.2013 - 21:53
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    WTF Rick Rubin is great guy look how he sleeps onm coach just like me .... ame clothing , damn I need a beard
    Hmm I didnt like so much muisc, ok musucaly it was OK, but can be new Whitcfinder General case.... lyrics is week
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    13.03.2013 - 21:58
    CHEF METALHEAD
    KEEP IT METAL
    Have the Demo and it's fucking great....!!!
    ----
    Chef Metal Head
    13.03.2013 - 22:28
    Nemo Atkins

Some pretty cool sounding stuff from what I could hear on the video. Should be great so long as Rubin doesn't do what he did for Death Magnetic in terms of production (I'm still not over that: there was some good material on that album, but the production prevents me from wanting to listen to it).
    13.03.2013 - 22:40
    Machiavelli
    Account deleted
    Fuck Ozzy sounds as awful as usual these days... too bad the awesome band he is singing for is letting him only for the respect for his lifelong work. Wilk is a a great rock drummer and is a heavy hitter so the music should be good.
    14.03.2013 - 00:56
    DragonSavior X10

Sounds like old Sabbath with a bit of the Dio era mixed in. I'll have to give it a shot.
    14.03.2013 - 03:13
    LeChron James
    Helvetesfossen
    Rick Rubin is a wizzard, I'm sure he's gonna get something great outta those old dudes haha
    ----
    Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
    Stay Pure
    Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
    14.03.2013 - 06:36
    AngelofDeth
    Cyborg Raptor
    I AM VERY EXCITE
    ----
    pewpew.. gotcha
    14.03.2013 - 11:40
    Ace Frawley
    The Spaceman
    Some old music mixed in with the new stuff on that teaser. F&ck Ozzy is a funny b*astard. I love his voice. I know some people don't, including an earlier comment to this thread but I just reckon his voice has this crazy, lunatic sounding quality to it. Love it. Hope this album is good.
    ----
    The sun shines over The Fool...
    14.03.2013 - 11:41
    Ace Frawley
    The Spaceman
    Some old music mixed in with the new stuff on that teaser. F&ck Ozzy is a funny b*astard. I love his voice. I know some people don't, including an earlier comment to this thread but I just reckon his voice has this crazy, lunatic sounding quality to it. Love it. Hope this album is good.
    ----
    The sun shines over The Fool...
    14.03.2013 - 11:44
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    WTF is that hair Rick Rubin? I'm not judging
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
    14.03.2013 - 17:10
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by LeChron James on 14.03.2013 at 03:13

Rick Rubin is a wizzard, I'm sure he's gonna get something great outta those old dudes haha

Have you forgotten the atrocious job he did on Death Magnetic?
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.03.2013 - 18:48
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by Alakazam on 14.03.2013 at 18:42

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.03.2013 at 17:10

World Painted Blood too.

yep, forgot about that one, but you're right.
    ----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.03.2013 - 20:15
    pottsj

Sorry if im behind the times but can someone tell me why bill wards not there?
    14.03.2013 - 20:56
    Azarath
    Free as a.. Fish
    Written by pottsj on 14.03.2013 at 20:15

Sorry if im behind the times but can someone tell me why bill wards not there?

Because his contract didn't reflect the "dignity and respect" (and money) he thought he deserved.
    15.03.2013 - 02:16
    Lit.
    Account deleted
    Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.03.2013 at 18:48

World Painted Blood too.

yep, forgot about that one, but you're right.

Yeah, but at implies both of those bands actually had a chance at making something good. Don't think it was Rubin's fault there.
    15.03.2013 - 03:38
    LeChron James
    Helvetesfossen

Well as long as he doesn't take the "make EVERYTHING loud" approach, I think the album will probably come out okay. Plus, Metallica's music lends itself to being mixed at a preposterously high volume, unlike Sabbath's. At least I think so. But then again, that statement depends on what their new music sounds like. Either way, Rick Rubin's track record prior to Death Magnetic and World Painted Blood speaks for itself.
    ----
    Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
    Stay Pure
    Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
    15.03.2013 - 08:25
    Cynic Metalhead
    Paisa Vich Nasha

World Painted Blood too.

ugh, it wasn't awesome but wasn't that bad either. it would be better if you don't tag that album in bad limelight.
    15.03.2013 - 13:12
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.03.2013 at 08:25

World Painted Blood too.

ugh, it wasn't awesome but wasn't that bad either. it would be better if you don't tag that album in bad limelight.

we're talking about the terrible production of that album by Rick Rubin not the songs in themselves.
    ----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2013 - 15:36
    Cynic Metalhead
    Paisa Vich Nasha
    Thanks for clearance.
    15.03.2013 - 23:43
    Egigantea

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2013 at 13:12

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.03.2013 at 08:25

World Painted Blood too.

we're talking about the terrible production of that album by Rick Rubin not the songs in themselves.

you mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyIACDCc1I
    18.03.2013 - 09:59
    macscam

Lost tons of respect for ozzy when he admitted getting into plastic surgery. album will suck.

Hits total: 5574 | This month: 7