Metal Storm logo
Altaria - Part Ways With Vocalist

Finnish melodic metallers Altaria have parted ways with vocalist Taage.

"It has become clear during this year that Taage and the other members of Altaria had different priorities," drummer Tony Smedjebacka says in a a statement posted on the band's web site. "When we wanted Taage to invest more time for Altaria, he decided to quit. The band and Taage had different perspective on few other things, too, which might have been part of the reason he decided to leave the band."

Altaria is currently auditioning singers and writing songs for its fourth, as-yet-untitled album, tentatively due in the fall of 2007. The new singer will be announced early next year.

Altaria recently posted its video for the song "Frozen Hearts" at YouTube.com. The clip features footage from the band's European tour with Sonata Arctica and Doro. "Frozen Hearts" comes off Altaria's third album, "The Fallen Empire", which was released this past March.

Source: altariamusic.com
Band profile: Altaria
Posted: 11.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 4 users
11.12.2006 - 23:53
Daru Jericho

Eep. A bit upsetting. I hope they can find a suitable replacement.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

12.12.2006 - 05:32
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
hahah they go through a new singer every album. And each one sounds shitty. This band is what cheese is all about.
12.12.2006 - 12:50
SteTech

That's a real shame, I really liked Taage's vocals
12.12.2006 - 17:33
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Again?! What's wrong with this band?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
13.12.2006 - 15:43
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
What's wrong with them? Nothing really wrong i guess, they're just mediocre PM band who wants to become bigger and better, unfortunately their singers so far haven't seen any potential in the band so i'd guess that's why they haven't been willing to waste too much time into this project... naw, how could i know, just my lucky guess
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
13.12.2006 - 16:49
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Angelique on 13.12.2006 at 15:43

What's wrong with them? Nothing really wrong i guess, they're just mediocre PM band who wants to become bigger and better, unfortunately their singers so far haven't seen any potential in the band so i'd guess that's why they haven't been willing to waste too much time into this project... naw, how could i know, just my lucky guess

It might as well have been the other way round - so far Altaria's singers haven't shown that much potential either :
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26

Hits total: 3237 | This month: 6