Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Reveal New Album Title, Cover And More

Children Of Bodom have finally announced details about their upcoming album. The Finnish metallers named their 8th studio album Halo Of Blood and also unveiled the album artwork and tracklist. The cover art was created this time by Sami Saramäki (Follow The Reaper, Are You Dead Yet?, Hate Crew Deathroll) and you can see it below.

Mastermind Alexi Laiho commented: "Halo Of Blood is the 8th studio album from Children Of Bodom and believe it or not but we still managed to keep it fresh and new while still maintaining the elements that make COB sound recognizable. It's got the fastest and the slowest song we ever made and lyrics wise there are themes we had never had before. It's 10 new songs of pure Nordic metal and whether you enjoy it with a beer or a glass of water, I'm sure you will have a good time."

Bass player Henkka Seppälä states about the artwork: "We wanted to have a winter scene. Somehow it fits well with the atmosphere of the music and the composing session. It could be lake bodom actually, frozen, with people trapped under the ice. Very Finnish looking scene. We were really happy how Sami created the whole imagery!"

The band recorded the album in Finland's Danger Johnny Studios (located at a top secret, undisclosed location in Helsinki) with recording engineer Mikko Karmila, who worked with the band on their earlier albums Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll and producer Peter Tägtgren (Marduk, Amon Amarth) who oversaw production of both vocals and keyboards on the record. The album will be mixed at Finnvox Studios.

Halo Of Blood tracklist:

01. Waste Of Skin
02. Halo Of Blood
03. Scream For Silence
04. Transference
05. Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)
06. The Days Are Numbered
07. Dead Man's Hand On You
08. Damage Beyond Repair
09. All Twisted
10. One Bottle And A Knee Deep

Halo Of Blood will be released on June 6th in Europe and June 11th in North America via Nuclear Blast.

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 19.03.2013 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 435 users
19.03.2013 - 13:20
Windrider
Raureif
Positives are definetely the very cool cover and they got a Bodom track back into the songlist! Looks like it won't be a party album this time...
19.03.2013 - 14:36
Asat0r

They seem to have lost their drive, and creativity over the past two albums. Hopefully they found their spark with this one. I agree with Windrider, it doesn't sound like a party album, from the track list, which is definitely a good thing.
19.03.2013 - 15:15
Kingface

Artwork and song titles are cool. I was impressed with the last album and thought it was an improvement over the two before it.
19.03.2013 - 15:40
ProgVet

This is very promising news. Hopefully it won't be a disappointment. Their last album was not only their worst to date, but it's the worst CD I own, so it can't possibly be worse than that. Can it?
19.03.2013 - 15:58
Zap
Written by ProgVet on 19.03.2013 at 15:40

Their last album was not only their worst to date, but it's the worst CD I own, so it can't possibly be worse than that. Can it?

Agreed, I hope they don't continue this downward spiral (though I don't have much hope). I also think it's one of the worst CDs I own, I'd have to go through them all thoroughly to find a shittier one... The only reason I ever bought it was because it was cheap and I got some free stuff with it (including a poster)
19.03.2013 - 16:46
psykometal
A staff guy...
They've been on a downward spiral since Hate Crew Deathroll; I liked HCDR but it was still the weaker of the 4 albums featuring Alexander Kuoppola before Alexi through all their complex songwriting out the window.

"songs of pure Nordic metal"? Are they planning to start playing viking metal now?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.03.2013 - 16:54
Hellbrann

Written by psykometal on 19.03.2013 at 16:46

"songs of pure Nordic metal"? Are they planning to start playing viking metal now?

That would be a huge improvement on the last record. I'm curious to see what they came up with. I'm hoping for keyboards in the vein of Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper.
----
Druantia | Folk metal
19.03.2013 - 17:04
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Hellbrann on 19.03.2013 at 16:54

That would be a huge improvement on the last record. I'm curious to see what they came up with. I'm hoping for keyboards in the vein of Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper.

We're probably wasting our time hoping for such things but I'm still such an old school fanboy myself that I too am still hoping Alexi wakes up one day and decides to write another "True Children Of Bodom" album.

I still think they should change their name to something else and then have all post-HCDR albums pulled from the shelves and re-released with the new band name/logo and new album art.
----

19.03.2013 - 17:38
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I really disliked everything they made since Follow The Reaper. And I know they won't be able to top that one no matter how creative they'll get, so....meh. I'll still give it a listen out of curiosity tho.
19.03.2013 - 20:24
Winterthrone

Usually Peter Tätgren means quality so maybe they're going to kick ass (finally). The cover art is their best to date IMO and the fact that they reworked with Miko is good too. Will definitely listen before buying though.
19.03.2013 - 20:49
Opethian

I think its too late for this band, fuck em
19.03.2013 - 21:17
mz

Written by Opethian on 19.03.2013 at 20:49

+1
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
19.03.2013 - 21:17
psykometal
A staff guy...
Found an in-studio video...the keyboard sounds intriguing at least...
----

19.03.2013 - 23:18
evilexistence_

Written by psykometal on 19.03.2013 at 21:17

Found an in-studio video...the keyboard sounds intriguing at least...

Hey thanks for that video !
20.03.2013 - 00:11
Lord_Regnier

The album cover makes me think of Assassin's Creed.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
20.03.2013 - 03:18
Litvin

After Alexander Kuoppala left the band COB haven't produced anything what is worth to listen
20.03.2013 - 04:23
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

I have the feeling this album wont suck.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
20.03.2013 - 06:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Gotta love his non-chalant answers to a lot of those questions, especially how he just kinda ignored the question about why Roope doesn't help write...

----

20.03.2013 - 07:42
Killa Cary

Cover art is brutally cold
20.03.2013 - 09:35
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I missed their last 2 albums, and honestly I don't think I'm missing that much, judging from the few songs I've heard. But I hope we get something better this time.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
21.03.2013 - 11:05
Hellbrann

Written by psykometal on 19.03.2013 at 17:04

Written by Hellbrann on 19.03.2013 at 16:54

We're probably wasting our time hoping for such things but I'm still such an old school fanboy myself that I too am still hoping Alexi wakes up one day and decides to write another "True Children Of Bodom" album.

A man can dream right
----
Druantia | Folk metal
22.03.2013 - 02:07
crucifiedjesus

Everybody wants a new hatebreeder but we are gonna get another blooddrunkish turd methinks
22.03.2013 - 16:37
Crème fraiche

YUP!
22.03.2013 - 16:37
Crème fraiche

YUP!
25.03.2013 - 19:26
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by psykometal on 20.03.2013 at 06:00

Gotta love his non-chalant answers to a lot of those questions, especially how he just kinda ignored the question about why Roope doesn't help write...

Wow... He obviously does not give a fuck about that interview. I used to look up to him when I was younger but he seems to get more and more jaded every year and cares more about drinking and being a "rockstar" than making good music.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
25.03.2013 - 23:55
TemplarLS

I lost hope for this band long time ago, but this looks promising!
29.03.2013 - 17:25
John Shock

I like the new album cover, I think its very original for their country heritage, or something like that. About the sound I think there's no chance to give, because did not lost one. I think that there's nothing wrong about evolving their sound, if they did one this one and their past 2 albums. I'm hoping for a new fresh sound.
09.04.2013 - 13:41
Litvin

No Alexander Kuoppala No Children of Bodom?
Really after Kuoppala left the band the CoB sound became just like a noise, the quality of martial fell drastically.
01.05.2013 - 14:34
ChrisWinther

After listening to Transference I am becoming very excited! I'm preparing for a new Follow The Reaper! It sounds like they are heading back to good old days!
11.05.2013 - 17:02
LordHypnos
Account deleted
The artwork sucks.

Hits total: 5757 | This month: 8