Metal Storm logo
Sirenia - Three New Songs Available For Streaming

Sirenia will release "Nine Destinies And A Downfall" through Nuclear Blast on February 23rd. Three songs from the album are now available for streaming at their official MySpace page. The songs on offer are 'My Mind's Eye', 'The Other Side' and 'Sundown' Go to this location to check them out.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Sirenia
Posted: 12.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 1 user
12.12.2006 - 18:34
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Very good songs, especially My Mind's Eye"!
I hope that the entire album will be on the same quality, can't wait for it!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
12.12.2006 - 18:54
annodomini

good songs? it is awful... i heard whole album 3 times and i acnt believe it its the same Sirenia...absolutely nothing good is in new release... 4 songs sounds absolutely the same... Male vocals are gone... its a piece of sh...
----
the riddle wants to be...
12.12.2006 - 19:59
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Oh for Morten's sake, can someone please tell me where to get the full new album???

And personally I have really enjoyed all the tree samples, it sounds promising! Morten melodies are the best! Screw the vocals, gimme Morten!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.12.2006 - 20:08
Soliloquy

umm....i rather have Henriette doing the singing. shes relly mystical and dreaming. this monica singer...nah.

what happend to morten? is he still singing? the violins!!! where are they? Sirenia got rid of Pete. WHY?! the choir! or rather, the decent choir! what happend to it?! An Elixir For Existence was a true master piece..but whats tis new album? its sounding more and more like Xandria. just a crappier version of em....

but, i'll still give it a shot. maybe there are some rare jewls that are worth everything on that album. like if it has a song like 'seven sirens and a silver tear', i am so buying the album!

but reall, this is no good! no good i tells ya!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
12.12.2006 - 22:16
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Oh man... Soliloquy you said everything.. where the hell is Sirenia's mysticism??

What's happening with these guys?? Most of the bands are losing their quality in their latest albums, specially this year!
I just don't get it..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
13.12.2006 - 02:07
Damned-In-Black

I've heard the entire album half a dozen times before deleting it and setting myself to wait until the official release. There is NO drop in quality from previous albums. There's a change in style, yes. That's immediately obvious, but the album as a whole is still wonderful.

It's no At Sixes And Sevens, sure... But that's because doesn't try to be, which is great IMO. They're treading new ground as a band and I have to say, doing a pretty good job of it.
13.12.2006 - 02:35
thunderclap335
Account deleted
i've heard the whole album like 3 or 4 times.. and...... well ....... maybe i'ts just her voice...... extreme vocals??? they're still there...... somewhere.......:sleep: i guess like in Seven Keys and Nine Doors..... the Latin Operatic wierd chorus actually is still there too..... so i gueessss this kind of change would be more... ... what's the word i'm lookin' for..... digestible??...... sorry for the (........) but i think is the way i feel about this album...... i really Hope tha they don't go lame like theatre of tragedy:shit:
13.12.2006 - 03:46
Soliloquy

i just noticed soemthing...morten put on weird. not that that should affect his growls...but seriously, what happend to his high treble growls?!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
13.12.2006 - 05:41
jadawal

i didn't like the two songs i heard at all, it sounded like britney spears singing to a generic rock beat
13.12.2006 - 19:29
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Gosh, what, am I the only one who actually likes this album? Yes, the difference is big and since I got rid of my ''female vocal'' obsession I don't really find ''I prefer Henriette to Monika'' thingy interesting, Monika is good, a bit monotone, but well trained. Yea, Morten has probably called it quits (but still, go Morten, I love ya!) so did the violin, but the guitars still have it going in the Veland style! Yea, I like it. :
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
14.12.2006 - 05:54
Damned-In-Black

Written by AnGina-- on 13.12.2006 at 19:29

Gosh, what, am I the only one who actually likes this album?

I love it

It needs to be looked at as a stand-alone album rather than a continuation of previous stylings. It's really more than just simple evolution that has occured - A huge change in sound and approach, but it sounds good and still has Sirenia's style evident at the heart, which is what matters! Morten sounds excellent on the few occasions he uses his typical growl, plus his clean singing is great too, when that's used.
14.12.2006 - 10:35
Promonex
Cathemeral
Especially "My Mind's Eye" has similarly radio-friendly qualities as Nightwish's "Nemo", not only due to the opening piano tune. Both bands have the same label in their back, so if Nuclear Blast sponsors a well-produced video again which would get some air time on the music TV channels 2007 could become the year of Sirenia. "The Other Side" and "Sundown" could be likely follow-up singles, the latter as analog of "Wish I Had an Angel". That's my prediction at least and I wouldn't even mind if all that happens as long as the band doesn't proceed to play watered-down Within Temptation-esque pop metal on the next album.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
15.12.2006 - 00:56
Nasi2

Overall, the album is quite simple and boring. Not because of its oh-so-called more comercial approach, but because of its lack of substance, of emotion, of atmosphere. Moreover, Monika's voice does not help to cover the holes of the album. And the choirs are not as predominant as before, and that's a pitty because they sound pretty good in Nine destinies...
I'm sure it will be my disappointing album of 2007. I hope Sirenia will change their style with better results in forthcoming albums.

Hits total: 2659 | This month: 9