Metal Storm logo
Summer Slaughter Tour 2013 - Line-Up Revealed

The 7th annual Summer Slaughter Tour is taking off. It has been announced that the tour is officially slated to run in North America from July 19th through August 24th. The line-up will boast acts such as The Dillinger Escape Plan, Animals As Leaders, Periphery, Norma Jean, Cattle Decapitation, The Ocean, Revocation, Aeon and two bands to be announced. In the coming weeks, the official tour dates will be announced as well.

One of the remaining open slots will be chosen by the fans. The voting ends on March 31st and you can head here to vote. Some of the possibilities include Abiotic, Howl, Last Chance To Reason, Nekrogoblikon, Rings Of Saturn, Vektor and Thy Art Is Murder.

Cattle Decapitation vocalist Travis Ryan states: "We are very happy to be asked back to the Summer slaughter tour. The first SS tour was the best US tour we've ever done and we look forward to helping devastate the states with our take on brutal, grinding death and playing the choicest slabs from our latest album Monolith Of Inhumanity. Who's 'ripe for the slaughter!?!?' See you this summer!"

Greg Puciato, The Dillinger Escape Plan vocalist, adds: "We can't wait to get back on the road! We're launching a US tour in the spring, hitting Europe for some festivals and club shows, and then hitting several more cities with Summer Slaughter all summer long. We are absolutely amped. After being holed up in the studio for such a long time giving birth to One Of Us Is The Killer, we are all pent up and ready to share material new and old with our supporters doing what we love to do the most. Can't wait to see and either kiss or rip off each and every one of your faces on the road with Summer Slaughter and year round, everywhere."

Daniel Dlimi of Aeon comments: "Yes, we are finally going to tour the US and we are really fucking stoked about it to say the least. And there couldn't possibly be any better way to do so than to be a part of the Summer Slaughter Tour. And with today's line-up and our latest release Aeons Black we stand stronger than ever and will treat you with some real death metal. See you on the road."

Source: facebook.com
Posted: 23.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 39 users
23.03.2013 - 17:55
DelightfulJim

Sort of want?
23.03.2013 - 17:56
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Awesome Line up.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.03.2013 - 18:39
GoldenGod2112

"The most extreme tour of the year."
23.03.2013 - 18:41
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
My god, Dillinger Escape Plan, Norma Jean, Periphery and AAL?
Lol Summer Slaughter has turned into more of a -core fest than ever, I'll gladly be skipping it this year for Rob Zombie, Behemoth, Amon Amarth and Mastodon at Mayhem Fest.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.03.2013 - 18:53
Lit.
Account deleted
If Vektor get a slot, I'll definately take my chance.
23.03.2013 - 19:10
Project Endgame
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.03.2013 at 18:53

Agreed. The only other band of interest for me would be Revocation, and that's not enough incentive.
23.03.2013 - 19:16
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.03.2013 at 19:10

Written by Guest on 23.03.2013 at 18:53

Agreed. The only other band of interest for me would be Revocation, and that's not enough incentive.

No, I mean unlike some people (you and the guy above my first post) I actually think this is a decent line-up. I'd probably go even if Vektor didn't come. It could be worse: Cannibal Corpse could be back on the line-up again.
24.03.2013 - 00:39
btbamfan20

Definitely catching this show for sure. Solid line-up, shitty that it's not tech-death bands like it's suppose to be, but this will still be a good show. Aeon will be the sickest band there of course \m/
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."

Hits total: 3278 | This month: 4