Metal Storm logo
Dark Funeral - Former Guitarist David Parland Dies

Swedish guitarist David Parland has passed away at the age of 42 but the cause of death has yet to be revealed. He was a founding member of the Swedish death metal band Necrophobic and Parland later went on to start Dark Funeral with Lord Ahriman. After that, he joined Infernal.

Dark Funeral's guitarist Lord Ahriman has released this statement about Parland's passing: "A couple of days ago I was reached by the terrible news that my old brother David 'Blackmoon' Parland had passed away and entered the eternal fire once and for all. It's taken me a few days to grasp it all. And it still hurts, a lot, to even think of talk about it.

During the last couple of weeks I was in close contact with David. He was going through an extremely difficult time of life, whereof he contacted me to ask for my help. Even though the two of us had a bit of a complicated relationship over the years, (much excessive in the media though) he knew that he could always call or visit me when needed, which he also did once in a while.

Last time I talked to him, was when he called me, on March 15. From what I could understand things were going in the right direction. I also had some very good news for him, which he was very happy to hear about. What happened after that I simply can't understand. And I can't understand WHY he didn't call me (again). So close, so fucking close to get back on track brother. Why?

You will be missed deeply! May you reign forever and ever in the eternal hellfire. Hail the hordes! / Lord Ahriman."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Funeral
Posted: 25.03.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 142 users
25.03.2013 - 13:55
Bizzaremifo

Sad news R.I.P.
25.03.2013 - 15:18
Damon Salvatore

Extremly sad news, this. May his soul rest in peace.
25.03.2013 - 15:56
Scornful Curse

Sad news indeed. I always considered The Secrets of the Black Arts Dark Funeral's best one by far. As far as my collection is concerned, Blackmoon's legend will always live on through that album.
25.03.2013 - 16:31
WorpeX
Made of Metal
R.I.P... From the statement by Lord Ahriman, sounds like it was suicide. A shame to see such a great musician pass.
25.03.2013 - 19:35
Sean 79

Very sad news. Such a tallented dude. Have everything he's envolved in and not a shit note played. Reign forever dude!
26.03.2013 - 00:13
Lord_Regnier

Written by WorpeX on 25.03.2013 at 16:31

From the statement by Lord Ahriman, sounds like it was suicide.

That's the impression I have. I had exactly the same thought while reading the news.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
26.03.2013 - 02:13
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
R.I.P
09.04.2013 - 03:44
Metal George

RIP. His performance on Secrets of the Black Arts inspired my interest in black metal.

Hits total: 8025 | This month: 9