2 - The Lighthouse
    3 - The Argument II
    4 - The Parting
    5 - The Visitation
    6 - The Breakthrough
    7 - The Note
    8 - The Uncertainty Principle
    9 - Dark Energy
    10 - The Theory Of Everything (Part III)
    11 - The Blackboard (Reprise)

Disc III [Special Edition DVD]
01. The Making Of The Theory Of Everything
02. Full-length Interviews
03. Recording Session Time Lapse Footage

Line-up
Arjen Anthony Lucassen - all instruments, vocals

Session musicians
Ben Mathot - violin
Siddharta Barnhoorn - orchestrations
Ed Warby - drums
Maaike Peterse - cello

Guest musicians
Michael Mills - vocals, irish bouzouki
Marko Hietala - vocals
Tommy Karevik - vocals
Sara Squadrani - vocals
Mike Mills - vocals
Cristina Scabbia - vocals
John Wetton - vocals
Janne "JB" Christoffersson - vocals
Troy Donockley - uillean pipes, whistles
Jordan Rudess - keyboards
Rick Wakeman - keyboards
Keith Emerson - keyboards
Steve Hackett - guitars

Additional info
The Theory Of Everything is released in three differend formats:
- Limited Edition 2CD + 2CD + DVD Artbook
Artbook is LP-sized with a 48-page booklet
2+2 CDs (The actual album plus full instrumental versions)
DVD with 2 1/2 hours of behind-the scenes content, including a 47-minute "Making of" documentary, 90 minutes of in-depth interviews, and time lapse clips of the recording sessions.

- Special Edition 2CD + DVD Mediabook

- 2LP Vinyl Edition
2LP Gatefold vinyl (180g black) with 12-page booklet
2 CDs included (for listening convenience)

Found in 49 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 134   Visited by: 1619 users
26.03.2013 - 17:56
Rating: 9
Groby94

Ho Lee Schitt o_O
27.03.2013 - 04:56
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

YAY!
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
22.06.2013 - 15:27
RealEyes

22.06.2013 - 15:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Funny how someone claims to already have it when, as far as I know, it isn't even totally finished, yet.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2013 - 17:25
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Something for me to look out for, I really loved the last album, primarily since it had Jonas Renkse, Daniel Gildenlow, and Hansi Kursch (even though I heard very little from him sadly), all on the same recording which just blows my mind. I hope they bring in a ton of great new singers for this one. I'm personally hoping Tommy Karevik can be involved with this (even though he's busy with Seventh Wonder and now Kamelot), he would do an AMAZING job here.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
01.07.2013 - 05:19
Rating: 7
Doge of Venice

Sounding pretty sweet.
05.08.2013 - 20:21
TiagoPoggere

1 guy from the future already has the album!
12.08.2013 - 18:51
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Written by TiagoPoggere on 05.08.2013 at 20:21

Maybe Arjen secretly has an account on here. Then he wouldn't be lying since technically its all in his head even if it isn't complete yet.
13.08.2013 - 15:11
TiagoPoggere

Written by BaneConall on 12.08.2013 at 18:51

Written by TiagoPoggere on 05.08.2013 at 20:21

Maybe Arjen secretly has an account on here. Then he wouldn't be lying since technically its all in his head even if it isn't complete yet.

makes sense
06.09.2013 - 10:12
Chriwalker
Account deleted
Tommy makes an appearance and I am sold! Getting this day one! Or maybe for Christmas, who knows o.O
23.09.2013 - 07:02
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I dont think he'll disappoint. Have to see.
26.09.2013 - 00:20
Opethian

The Pre Orders are fucking sweet! I have to get me the T-Shirt bundle and REPRESENT!!!
04.10.2013 - 16:50
Lethrokai

Written by Opethian on 26.09.2013 at 00:20

The Pre Orders are fucking sweet! I have to get me the T-Shirt bundle and REPRESENT!!!

Goddamnit, why does 2013 have to be such an amazing year for the prog metal scene?! (Not that I'm complaining or anything...) Ayreon, Leprous, Dream Theater, Haken, Fates Warning, Cynic, Fright Pig, Pain Of Salvation, and even the return of Queensryche... Way too many great albums to get; I can't afford all this stuff!

I'm loving all this brilliant music that everyone's releasing! My wallet, however, would beg to differ.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
08.10.2013 - 10:24
Chriwalker
Account deleted
Well the album (4CD+DVD) are already pre-ordered goddammit that we don't get the T-shirt bundle in Norway...
16.10.2013 - 16:05
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Guess what just happened!
16.10.2013 - 17:44
Dargor

Written by Unhealer on 16.10.2013 at 16:05

Guess what just happened!

Saw that this morning too! And for those who want to be good persons and don't want to download the album, but still want to hear more, there's lot of samples on Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Theory-Everything-Ayreon/dp/B00FWAZ87I
16.10.2013 - 17:48
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I just wanted to know what it sounds like, but this leak is fucking awful anyway.
17.10.2013 - 06:32
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Where is everyone finding this leak? Only one I could find was on some site called getmetal, but it won't let me register
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
17.10.2013 - 22:27
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
Run-of-the-mill Ayreon. Zillions of musical motives, nothing really sticks in memory. Spacy keyboards, theatrical vocals, some unbearable roleplaying, good drumming (as expected). If you heard Ayreon's last two, you heard this one too.

These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.
17.10.2013 - 22:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daniell on 17.10.2013 at 22:27

..., good drumming (as expected). ...

that is Always a certainty with Ayreon as long as Ed Warby is behind the kit.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2013 - 22:44
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2013 at 22:38

I absolutely loved Ed's drumming since I first heard him in Gorefest around 20 years ago. Whatever I hear with him on drums was always great drumming wise.

Now, that made me want to listen to Gorefest...
17.10.2013 - 23:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daniell on 17.10.2013 at 22:44

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2013 at 22:38

I absolutely loved Ed's drumming since I first heard him in Gorefest around 20 years ago. Whatever I hear with him on drums was always great drumming wise.

Now, that made me want to listen to Gorefest...

and the Ed era Gorefest is the Gorefest I don't like Not because of the drumming but because of the music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.10.2013 - 08:17
theembryo

Currently enjoying 01011001 - This "The Theory of Everything (Phases I and II that I have heard anyway,) sound actually better than the binary album.....
18.10.2013 - 10:34
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

The music itself is good, but there are virtually no catchy songs like on The Human Equation, 0101, or Arjen's solo album. It's like Arjen decided to bring all these great vocalists aboard, but never actually wrote anything interesting for them to sing.
----
18.10.2013 - 14:01
Lethrokai

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 18.10.2013 at 10:34

The music itself is good, but there are virtually no catchy songs like on The Human Equation, 0101, or Arjen's solo album. It's like Arjen decided to bring all these great vocalists aboard, but never actually wrote anything interesting for them to sing.

Really? To me it sounds more like he wanted to make the whole album incredibly addicting. Just think of the main themes of the title track(s), or the extreme change in pace at The Argument(s)... and don't even get me started on how fun of a song The Breakthrough is. The story itself is also much easier to follow (and thus catchier within itself) than his previous works.
----
18.10.2013 - 14:31
Rating: 10
Hughes

Written by Lethrokai on 18.10.2013 at 14:01

Really? To me it sounds more like he wanted to make the whole album incredibly addicting. Just think of the main themes of the title track(s), or the extreme change in pace at The Argument(s)... and don't even get me started on how fun of a song The Breakthrough is. The story itself is also much easier to follow (and thus catchier within itself) than his previous works.

Love it so far , and to be honest it does have some catchy tunes plenty of em too that are currently stuck in my head u just have to listen to the album more than once or twice to thoroughly grasp it.
18.10.2013 - 15:51
Lethrokai

Written by Hughes on 18.10.2013 at 14:31

Love it so far , and to be honest it does have some catchy tunes plenty of em too that are currently stuck in my head u just have to listen to the album more than once or twice to thoroughly grasp it.

Definitely. As is the norm with Ayreon's works, it takes quite a few listens (and a full understanding of the story and characters) before you can truly appreciate this for what it is.
----
19.10.2013 - 05:03
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Arjen told me himself on facebook that he wasn't trying to make this album catchy. I'd say that's a good source =)
----
19.10.2013 - 13:20
Lethrokai

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 19.10.2013 at 05:03

Arjen told me himself on facebook that he wasn't trying to make this album catchy. I'd say that's a good source =)

Not trying to make an album catchy and trying not to make an album catchy are two different things though.
Either way, I'm just glad the album sounds as good as it does. Definitely top-tier Ayreon material!
----
20.10.2013 - 01:57
DelightfulJim

What would your impression of the albums story be so far, guys? I listened to it twice so far, but some bits of the story kind of escaped me.

At first I also found the fact that almost none of the songs exceeded 4 mins a little jarring as well. I know you can just listen to them as if they were 4 tracks in total, but the way they were split up at first felt a little awkward at first listen. It really begins to fall into place afterwards though.

I think I also much prefer it to the previous album too. Sure it's not heavy or catchy, but it was pretty damn interesting with some awesome vocal performances (Dat Tommy Karevik <3).

Hits total: 54981 | This month: 61