Metal Storm logo
Amorphis - New Album In 2007

Amorphis check in with the following band news from guitarist Esa Holopainen:

"Dear all,

It's been a really hectic year in the Amorphis camp and at the same time one of the best ones in our career. We released Eclipse, the first album with Mr. Joutsen on vocals, in spring and all the response from album and shows has been great. We really find the mood which I honestly thought that we lost years back. Big thanks to Tomi and his inspiration to all of us. With Eclipse we opened new era in our career, and yes, we are still together with this lineup (Amorphis mark 7 or something...)

Anyway, to brief you a bit; we are currently composing new material for the next Amorphis album. No title or release date has been issued yet, but we'll enter the Sonic Pump Studios again at the beginning of January, 2007 with the same team as on the last session. Mr. Karmila will be mixing the tracks sometime in late February at Finnvox Studio. We'll keep you updated, and meanwhile, check our tou rdates; we are going to do shows whenever possible during making our new "kid" come alive.

Thrashmosh.
Esa."

Source: kingfooentertainment.fi
Band profile: Amorphis
Posted: 12.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 2 users
13.12.2006 - 08:52
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I watched their live show like a week ago. I don't like the clean vocals of Joutsen but he does make great growling.
13.12.2006 - 17:29
Slyfang

I think he's good. he fits with the new sound better
13.12.2006 - 21:38
Lord Hellbender

Eclipse is good!

Hits total: 2418 | This month: 7