Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Enters The Studio; Reveals New Album Title

Polish extreme metal titans Behemoth entered the studio this week (December 11) to begin tracking their much-anticipated new album, "The Apostasy" (thesaurus definition of the word: the state of having rejected your religious beliefs or your political party or a cause [often in favor of opposing beliefs or causes]) which is currently set for a summer release. The new effort will be recorded in the band's hometown with mainman Nergal and longtime sound engineer Malta in the producer's chair.

Nergal (vocals, guitars) checks in with the following report: "We just demoed the whole new album and have 11 songs plus intro ready to go. It all sounds huge and our sound has never been this intense, while being very epic and catchy at the same time. It has all the Behemoth trademarks enriched with some fresh ideas. I guarantee some people are going to be surprised! Some songtitles include: 'Prometherion', 'Pazuzu (The Desert Storms Bringing)', 'Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa', 'Rome 64 E.V.', 'Arcana Hereticae', 'At The Left Hand Ov God', with more to follow. The recording sessions for 'The Apostasy' will take place in our hometown, Gdansk, in one of the best-equipped studios in Poland, Radio Gdansk. It has an old-school analogue Studer 24-track machine, which gives super unique tone to drum sound. I simply love it. It has the best mixing console, pre-amps and other shit available nowadays.

"It's no secret that Behemoth have been one of the busiest bands in the scene for last two years. We completed over 300 shows in support to our last record, 'Demigod', and have been in front of people's faces for a long time, so I felt that it was necessary to take a break. I thought that all of this activity might be too much, even for die-hard fans. I decided to focus on song writing and nothing else. I pretty much isolated myself from the whole scene for a few months and ultimately created a new record that is destined to become the definitive Behemoth release.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 13.12.2006 by Moribund

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 12 users
13.12.2006 - 08:02
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Good to hear behemoth are back to making good metal again....
13.12.2006 - 09:15
Winter Death
Account deleted
This sounds fucking awesome. I can't wait for this to come out.
13.12.2006 - 10:58
Eight
Shapeshifter
Some good news.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
13.12.2006 - 11:40
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
lol "ov"

Sounds interesting, though.
----
13.12.2006 - 13:53
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Sure, it will be great. Can't wait!
13.12.2006 - 14:01
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Yayyy! Can't wait for new Behemoth stuff!
All their albums are awesome, impressive...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
13.12.2006 - 14:56
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Nergal is always so positive, but he really has never dissapointed me, so I'm anxious to hear "The Apostasy".
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
13.12.2006 - 17:56
Bullitt
Account deleted
"thesaurus definition of the word"? Since when do you go to the thesaurus for a definition?
13.12.2006 - 18:57
Kurzag
Account deleted
Great news! Looking forward to the new album.
13.12.2006 - 19:09
Basso
Account deleted
Need!
13.12.2006 - 19:52
kackbratze

"the definite Behemoth record". Sounds good! ^^ I'm looking forward to it because I like their work, especially "Demigod"!
14.12.2006 - 15:32
Phobik
Account deleted
Hell yeah, at last a new album of Behemoth. "The definite Behemoth record"? It sounds really nice.
22.12.2006 - 07:38
Thvrgrir
Account deleted
Good news, of course... I met them through Demigod and it became one of my favourite albums, and Behemoth one of my favourite bands. Waiting until the day of The Apostasy.
27.12.2006 - 14:02
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
*QUESTION*
It says "is currently set for a summer release" ... which country's summer period?
America's because the source is Roadrunner Records or Poland's summer?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.12.2006 - 14:09
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Xtreme Jax on 27.12.2006 at 14:02

*QUESTION*
It says "is currently set for a summer release" ... which country's summer period?
America's because the source is Roadrunner Records or Poland's summer?

Both are on the Northern hemisphere, so that shouldn't really make a difference.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
27.12.2006 - 14:21
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Promonex on 27.12.2006 at 14:09

Both are on the Northern hemisphere, so that shouldn't really make a difference.

Hehe a little embrassing, thanks :

Cant wait for this one then! I'l add this to my list for relases in 2007 to puchase
----

Hellcunt Smurf
14.01.2007 - 17:42
Montural
Account deleted
I'm sure this album will be just great ... for me , behemoth are geting betta and betta ... more into death then black ... thats cool .... can't wait for it's relase

Hits total: 2715 | This month: 5