Metal Storm logo
Current Favourite Albums In My Collection 2013

Thumbs up: +1
A list of my favourite albums from my record collection, i only ask for not to judge to harshly.

Created by: LICH | 31.03.2013

1. Stratovarius - Visions/Infinite - jesus i cant decide which is better !! i love visions to peices from tolkkis riffs to jens's hooks and melodies, favourite song from this album was before the winter such a heartfelt song, strangely enough i have a huge love for kotipeltos voice here and even though the lyrics of this album are dripping with cheese it still has a very sentimental and valuble meaning I LOVE THIS ALBUM MORE THAN I LOVE MYSELF!!
2. Woods of Ypres - Grey skies and Electric light ( RIP Dave Gold ) - as soon as i heard lightening and snow on itunes , i knew i had found the band i was looking for, david golds lyrics have more than once helped me get over problems i was facing in life at the time to me this album holds a very signifigant place in my collection
3. Mastodon- Blood Mountain - Riffs, Check, Songwriting, Check, Mastodons sound as a whole, fuck yes, i remember picking up this album when i was a kid for 5? at a cd sale, i will never forget the moment i first heard "this mortal soil" i was totally awestruck by that song, mastodon never fail to impress and i feel every album bill and brents riffs and guitar parts get more complex and intricate everytime
4. Iron Maiden- Number of the beast - when i heard Run to the hills track from number automatically i realised this is what i loved, i was about 11 or 12 at the time i heard it, my dad was overjoyed to hear about it he brought me to the neares record store in italy ( our family was on holiday at the time) and he bought me notb, even now i still have that album tattered and worn.
5. Nevermore- Dead heart in A Dead World - an album i got earlier this year, wow, it really is fucking amazing to me, jeffs fucking riffs man!! favourite song was narcosynthesis and inside four walls
6. Darkthrone- Transilvanian hunger - i credit this band for partially getting me into black metal but this, this is fucking something else
7. Strapping Young Lad - City - another album i got in a sale for strangely 2? when i first put it on i asked myself "who the fuck would sell this for 2? ?" i listen to this album whenever im pissed off and want to valve my aggression.
8. Bezelbong- Sonic scapes and Weedy grooves - one of the most underrated stoner metal bands imo, this album is sick and i listen to this whenever i go to sleep.
9. Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse - thrash ? thrash, or speed or whatever the fuck you wanna call steel, but this album to me is their masterpiece the vocals are overcharged and the riffs are speedy and tasty, got this album a month or 2 ago, hooked ever since
10. Death- spiritual healing - an album that imo death came out of the closet as the masters of death metal. within the mind probably having one of the best intros ive ever heard and the guitar harmonies between james and chuck are something monumental the songwriting to me also has very signifigant meaning because of its honesty and truth.
11. thank you for taking your time to read this :) (note this is my personal opinion on the albums that im proud, so dont be too quick to judge) leave thumbs up and comments people cheers

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by LICH ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 3   Visited by: 17 users
02.04.2013 - 02:11
Patrick.

I really must listen more to Visions then! It's one of the four Stratovarius albums I own and one of three that I've yet to get into (Elysium is the album I'm familiar with and I love that one). Nevermore is another band I'm eager to know more about... I like your taste man, it's very varied (much more than my own) and seems quite mature in some way.
02.04.2013 - 03:40
LICH

Written by Patrick. on 02.04.2013 at 02:11

I really must listen more to Visions then! It's one of the four Stratovarius albums I own and one of three that I've yet to get into (Elysium is the album I'm familiar with and I love that one). Nevermore is another band I'm eager to know more about... I like your taste man, it's very varied (much more than my own) and seems quite mature in some way.

cheers bro !!! yea im trying to get into a fuck load of bands all the time and i really do enjoy having a varied taste, like i really love every type of metal except some metalcore bands and nu bands, nevermore are fucking awesome i just got into them a while ago and you should definately check em ou

again thanks a million , im still learning more an more each day thanks
05.04.2013 - 06:21
Susan
Smeghead
Thanks for writing descriptions of the albums :thumbups: Makes your list "infinitely" more enjoyable!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs

Hits total: 1210 | This month: 5