Metal Storm logo
Shining (NOR) - New Album To See North American Release, New Song Online

The avantgarde Norwegian group Shining (NOR) will release One One One, their first studio album in three years, this spring in North America. The album, which is available now for pre-order, will be released by Prosthetic Records in North America digitally on April 23rd, with physical releases on CD and gatefold LP to follow soon after. The album also sees its release today in Norway and the new song "Blackjazz Rebels" is currently streaming at this location.

Mixed and co-produced by Sean Beaven (Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Slayer) and mastered by Tom Baker at Precision Mastering (Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, Ministry), One One One sees the band "expanding on the musical palettes introduced on 2010's landmark Blackjazz."

Frontman Jørgen Munkeby commented: "While One One One is meant to complete the 'Blackjazz Trilogy', it's also definitely the catchiest and most immediate music we've ever recorded, thereby paving the way for another bright and brand new version of ourselves. The idea this time around was to make a series of jazz-metal hits with no fillers, hence the name of the album, and I believe we've managed to do just that. I have never been as proud of an album as I am with this one."

One One One tracklist:

01. I Won't Forget
02. The One Inside
03. My Dying Drive
04. Off The Hook
05. Blackjazz Rebels
06. How Your Story Ends
07. The Hurting Game
08. Walk Away
09. Paint The Sky Black

Source: prostheticrecords.com
Band profile: Shining (NOR)
Posted: 05.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 59 users
05.04.2013 - 11:56
Ivor
Staff
staff
The new song sounds pretty good, less schizophrenic, though. Whether it's good or not overall, is yet to be seen.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars

Hits total: 1884 | This month: 4