Metal Storm logo
Buckethead

08.04.2013 - 06:57
Jtbmetal123

Im wondering if anybody else is a Buckethead fan. His music has a very wide range from rock to metal to acoustic. I think hes very talented and inspirational. I mean hell, I was Buckethead for halloween one year. He is incredible live. So does anybody feel the same?
27.06.2013 - 20:45
Góral
Combo Breaker
Buckethead is certainly an interesting character and definitely worth to know him better. An interesting music and characteristic bucket on his head immediately arouses curiosity. In the past I listened him very often, now rarely, which results from lack of time, certainly not from "overeating". I admit that I liked him more with Laswell in Praxis than his solo performances, but it's a matter of taste. Definitely worth a listen. There is plenty to choose from - his discography is really impressive.
25.03.2014 - 07:57
Jtbmetal123

Written by Góral on 27.06.2013 at 20:45

Buckethead is certainly an interesting character and definitely worth to know him better. An interesting music and characteristic bucket on his head immediately arouses curiosity. In the past I listened him very often, now rarely, which results from lack of time, certainly not from "overeating". I admit that I liked him more with Laswell in Praxis than his solo performances, but it's a matter of taste. Definitely worth a listen. There is plenty to choose from - his discography is really impressive.

yes, he is worth a listen. probably one of the top 10 best guitar players of all time in my opinion.
25.03.2014 - 14:19
Silent Jay

He needs to chill the hell out and stop releasing new albums for a while.

or at least for a few months. Hardly got time for them all! Everytime I get done with catching up and absorbing his latest releases of the last few months, I check back to find the productive fucker has gone and done another few within that month alone! (Which I have now just done so whilst typing this post and yep, 3 albums behind...)

and with that... Now queuing to be played: Buckethead - Pikes #52: Factory
26.03.2014 - 14:31
theFIST

Really like Cuckoo Clocks, can anyone recommend me an album that sounds close to it?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
29.05.2014 - 00:46
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Silent Jay on 25.03.2014 at 14:19

He needs to chill the hell out and stop releasing new albums for a while.

or at least for a few months. Hardly got time for them all! Everytime I get done with catching up and absorbing his latest releases of the last few months, I check back to find the productive fucker has gone and done another few within that month alone! (Which I have now just done so whilst typing this post and yep, 3 albums behind...)

and with that... Now queuing to be played: Buckethead - Pikes #52: Factory

Yeah... why does he release so much goddamn material? Dude has too much time on his hands, I guess. I really want to go through his discography to check it out, but it's massive and it makes me feel overwhelmed just thinking about listening to them all. I already have too much other shit to listen to...
----
29.05.2014 - 02:53
Mattybu

Written by Jaeryd on 29.05.2014 at 00:46

Yeah... why does he release so much goddamn material? Dude has too much time on his hands, I guess. I really want to go through his discography to check it out, but it's massive and it makes me feel overwhelmed just thinking about listening to them all. I already have too much other shit to listen to...

I can't be sure but (and I tend to subscribe to this theory) I have heard speculation that the recent pikes series has been to raise funds for medical bills for a family member or something. If you look at the prices of the LE's and do the math considering they usually sell out, he is getting a crap load of money from them.

Personally, I can't really understand why people have a problem with him releasing so much. People whine endlessly over Wintersun and the like when they take forever to release something... I guess if you are a collector or something it's not exactly easy to shell out money to keep up with every release but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

The way I see it, if you like his stuff there's that much more for you there to explore, and if you don't then who cares in the first place.