Metal Storm logo
Game Of Thrones

08.04.2013 - 07:09
Jtbmetal123
Everybody was saying how awesome Game Of Thrones is. So I bought Season one and watched the first episode. Im not hooked or impressed. I just cant get into it. Do you guys like it?
08.04.2013 - 12:26
Rhiannon
Account deleted
I like it very much, both the books and the series. I see why you weren't impressed first, it's the kind of story that needs time to get into, and can seem boring first. Watch 1-2 more episodes, and see if you will like it. It's different than fantasies like Lord of The Rings, beacuse there are harly any magic, and much more talking and conspiration It's more similar to Borgias or Tudors than other fantasy stories.
09.04.2013 - 20:54
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I like it, but it did take a couple of episodes for me to get hooked. Nothing mind-blowing at first but give it time and slowly ease into it... and you may very well find yourself drawn in by the characters and the intrigue. There are a lot of people, names and places though so it can be a bit daunting. Just don't expect plenty of massive battles happening - there's a lot of people just standing around talking.

And boobies.
10.04.2013 - 17:03
Jtbmetal123
Written by Guest on 08.04.2013 at 12:26

I like it very much, both the books and the series. I see why you weren't impressed first, it's the kind of story that needs time to get into, and can seem boring first. Watch 1-2 more episodes, and see if you will like it. It's different than fantasies like Lord of The Rings, beacuse there are harly any magic, and much more talking and conspiration It's more similar to Borgias or Tudors than other fantasy stories.

Yeah, I saw the guy from Lord Of The Rings is in the show. I thought that was awesome!
10.04.2013 - 17:04
Jtbmetal123
Written by Azarath on 09.04.2013 at 20:54

I like it, but it did take a couple of episodes for me to get hooked. Nothing mind-blowing at first but give it time and slowly ease into it... and you may very well find yourself drawn in by the characters and the intrigue. There are a lot of people, names and places though so it can be a bit daunting. Just don't expect plenty of massive battles happening - there's a lot of people just standing around talking.

And boobies.

Lots of nudity. Haha
15.04.2013 - 22:15
Thrashette
I like it but I agree with what everyone else said: After the first episode, I didn't think it was anything spectacular but give it a few episodes and it really draws you in. But yea, I had trouble keeping track of all the characters and places and stuff at first, especially since I hadn't read the books. But then it starts to seem like common knowledge.
16.04.2013 - 07:37
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Though I've only read the first book I find it interesting that it was chosen for such an outstanding TV adaption. Not to look like the hipster but I'd read the first book a few years before it was adapted. I actually didn't like it very much at all, but having then watched the first season I had to read it again and it made me appreciate just how much of great read it is.

It does make me wish they'd give a similar treatment to some of the other epic fantasy sort of novels I've read. I think the fact that this particular series isn't so firmly rooted in magic elements and its pseudo medieval themes make it quite adaptable.
17.04.2013 - 04:02
MetalSpider
Definitely one of my favourite shows. It's amazing in every way.

I do, however, agree with everyone above. The first few episodes of the first season, I found got off to a slow start (I continued watching to give it a chance). But it just seems to pick up after that and is now an amazing show.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
28.04.2013 - 18:44
?apleee
Mouthcrab
I prefer the books, but the show is a great adaption.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
07.04.2017 - 17:31
Metren
Dreadrealm
A hugely overrated show and not a very good adaptation of the books at all. Apart from the production values (expected from HBO) GoT isn'y very good and misses the point of the books by a lot. I'm not the first to say this of course, but it needs to be said again that the books criticize and explore the use of violence as a political tool, but most of the time the show just seems to glorify it. I will never understand how anyone, who has read the books can like how Danaerys for example kills people (dothraki leaders) with a completely blank or even joyful expression on her face. When hack screenwriters are put in charge of bringing deep and interesting and troubled characters from books to screens, they always seem to change the characters into total badasses and I (again, not an original or unique opinion) hate badass characters, I much prefer flawed, vulnerable and even confused characters that are given time and room to grow and can be relatable. Danaerys and Jon are admirable characters in the books, because they at least attempt to rule not by fear of violence, more and more so as the story progresses, not so in the show. I honestly laughed when Denaerys dropped the whip like it was a microphone. "Look how badass it all is" the show says of violence and power gained by the use of violence. "Look how futile it is" the books say and that is far more interesting.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
09.04.2017 - 14:30
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Metren on 07.04.2017 at 17:31

I much prefer flawed, vulnerable and even confused characters

Jon seems to have a perpetual look of confusion on his face.

I can only assume that's because he knows nothing.
30.04.2019 - 01:01
Metren
Dreadrealm
My review of the latest episode s8e3:

----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
30.04.2019 - 22:14
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Metren on 30.04.2019 at 01:01

At what point did the near-vomiting occur?
02.05.2019 - 01:13
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Azarath on 30.04.2019 at 22:14

At what point did the near-vomiting occur?

When Arya went from badass wight-killer to suddenly scared of them in the library to so badass again as to do *THAT* just because of The Red Woman's encouragement or whatever.
----
02.05.2019 - 22:36
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Metren on 02.05.2019 at 01:13

When Arya went from badass wight-killer to suddenly scared of them in the library to so badass again as to do *THAT* just because of The Red Woman's encouragement or whatever.

Would you say she was... flawed, vulnerable... even confused?
02.05.2019 - 23:19
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Azarath on 02.05.2019 at 22:36

Would you say she was... flawed, vulnerable... even confused?

I'd say she was inconsistent due to hack screenwriting.
----
09.05.2019 - 14:56
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Metren on 30.04.2019 at 01:01

The more I think about the episode the more angry I get at how anybody thought anything in that episode was a good idea.

Honestly that Starbucks cup in e4 should've killed the Night King
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
09.05.2019 - 16:17
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by RaduP on 09.05.2019 at 14:56

The more I think about the episode the more angry I get at how anybody thought anything in that episode was a good idea.

D&D probably relied on those watching and reacting in cringy videos filmed in bars to cheer and love 'em when the fan-favorite got her moment. They certainly don't give two fucks about G.R.R. or actual quality storytelling anymore. Episode 4 was even more atrocious in some ways. It really is all fanservice and not giving a fuck any more with the showrunners. The only reason I'll see this shlock through to the end is so I could watch rants and analysis on Youtube by Ideas Of Ice And Fire and Preston Jacobs.

Written by RaduP on 09.05.2019 at 14:56

Honestly that Starbucks cup in e4 should've killed the Night King

That would've been epic. And after the kill, the cup should've proposed to Sansa. Proposed on one knee of course, just like they all did in medieval times.
----
09.05.2019 - 16:32
Ball Fondlers
I think it's fair enough that Dany went to the local Winterfell Starbucks to get a coffee, considering everybody else was getting pissed

Personally I can't wait for this show to be over so I can stop watching it
09.05.2019 - 16:49
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Ball Fondlers on 09.05.2019 at 16:32

Personally I can't wait for this show to be over so I can stop watching it

Same
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?