09. Beneath Cowdenbeath
10. The Epic Rage Of Furious Thunder
11. Wizards! [limited edition bonus]
12. Quest For The Hammer Of Glory [Alternative version] [Japanese bonus]
13. The Epic Rage Of Furious Thunder [Alternative version] [Japanese bonus]

The Best Debut Album Of 2013

Additional info
Produced and recorded by Lasse Lammert.

Additional voices by The Dominic Sewell Community Choir.
Orchestral arrangements by Amy Turk and Ben Turk.

Staff review by
Susan
Rating:
This is shockingly good. But, dude, look at the song titles! They're reminiscent of Nanowar and I wasn't initially sure if I was supposed to take this album seriously. If you're unsure as well, fear not: turns out this is completely awesome and fans of symphonic power metal may proceed with taking it seriously.

Read more ››
published 26.05.2013 | Comments (17)

Found in 21 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 641 users
08.04.2013 - 17:05
Rating: 9
Bizzaremifo

Beautiful kitsch for me....simple, expectable, glorious, heroic....nothing new under the sun.. average.... Do we really have to listen same musical influences and same boring lyrics again and again ? I´m already tired with this impact of non-innovative shitty music. If you like it ? no problem, enjoy it. But you can still listen old stuff from Rhapsody, Guardians, Turilli, etc. .....it´s same.
08.04.2013 - 17:18
Hellbrann

I love it. It's so over the top bombastic and gay that it's awesome. Kind of in the same way Nanowar of Steel is awesome.
----
Druantia | Folk metal
11.04.2013 - 19:45
Rating: 8
R Lewis

Nothing special or innovative. It's simply damn fun, that's what I'm searching for these days.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
16.04.2013 - 23:48
Rulatore

After track 3 it goes downhill... such a shame.
25.05.2013 - 04:10
Susan
Smeghead
Uhh... this is shockingly good. I mean, the song titles are straight out of Nanowar but this music is serious good power metal!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
27.05.2013 - 19:16
Neroese
Account deleted
Hahaha, great shi*!:D First un-serious power metal. And I like it! Track names are also amazing 'The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee' and 'Angus McFife' are great!
11.06.2013 - 09:52
Bizzaremifo

Written by Bizzaremifo on 08.04.2013 at 17:05

Beautiful kitsch for me....simple, expectable, glorious, heroic....nothing new under the sun.. average.... Do we really have to listen same musical influences and same boring lyrics again and again ? I´m already tired with this impact of non-innovative shitty music. If you like it ? no problem, enjoy it. But you can still listen old stuff from Rhapsody, Guardians, Turilli, etc. .....it´s same.

...despite of my fisrt impression, an album is amazing.
27.06.2013 - 04:18
CWA

Wow, this album is most likely going to be my vote for biggest surprise and best debut. Conceptually speaking this is definitely a parody of Rhapsody of Fire's heydays, which is only a plus for me. I would have only gave this album an eight, but this album gave me such a grand feeling of nostalgia and the desire to go out and fight for justice and truth that I upped it one point. I hope this band continues and brings in more original ideas, because we NEED more great power metal acts. In my opinion Christoper Bowes should make this his full time job, not Alestorm.

POWER METAL!
29.06.2013 - 09:44
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Evil unicorns?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
09.07.2013 - 10:41
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Hilariously Awsome. I'm seriously considering giving it a 10.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
29.12.2013 - 19:31
Darkside Momo
Retired
Totally like a mix between Strato and best-era Rhapsody
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.02.2014 - 15:33
Mountain King
K i K o
Don't mind the cheese as long as the music is solid and well performed. Cheesy lyrics n titles but it's cool...
16.03.2014 - 21:08
NickTheKnighted

I really love this!
02.04.2014 - 09:28
Oerath Windsoul

This is so damn good. 'Quest For The Hammer of Glory' and 'Silent Tears of Frozen Princess' are my definite favorites off this album, though picking any favorites from such overally cheesy, yet tasty power metal album is pretty hard.

Still.. The hammer of glory it's called, passed down by heroes for centuries old!
11.04.2014 - 18:26
The Norseman

This guys are amazing. Like many people I also found the lyrics to be really amusing and out of the normal but I think that is what makes them stand out of the pack. Unusual lyrics with good power metal sound. Good work!
11.04.2014 - 20:54
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I can't help but to be dirty-minded about the name of the band.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.07.2018 - 12:25
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Mountain King on 14.02.2014 at 15:33

Don't mind the cheese as long as the music is solid and well performed. Cheesy lyrics n titles but it's cool...

Quoting myself and this is a great album and not just solid. It is still a good listen after many repeated listens. I saw these guys live and they rock and these songs are really nice when performed live.
05.03.2020 - 23:28
Hrodebert

This is how over the top cheese metal should be done! It is so cheesey but still so good!!

Hits total: 10695 | This month: 17