Metal Storm logo
Hair Metal, Glam Rock, Sleaze Metal/Sleaze Rock

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 14.12.2006 - 10:09
I just noticed that theres no Thread to simply discuss Hair Metal, Glam Rock, and Sleaze Metal/Sleaze Rock. Hair metal is what eventually lead me into all sorts of other types of metal, if it wasnt for bands like Cinderella, WASP, Guns N Roses, and Motley Crue, I never wouldve found things like black metal, death metal etc.

So come and discuss all things that fall under this Genre(s)

PS.-Theres been alot of posts saying that GnR isnt hair metal, thats why I put in 'sleaze rock/sleaze metal'. its simply a small term for bands like skid row, GnR, Aerosmith, and Lynch Mob, who were almost like hair metal, but with a grittier bluesier feel to it. Not so polished as alot of hair metal.

oh, and to those of you who are new to glam/sleaze and are looking for recommendations definitly go to TheRealThing, that guy knows probably more about this subject than anyone on metalstorm combined, believe me, its unholy.
02.01.2007 - 09:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 02.01.2007 at 08:49

Written by Stalker on 31.12.2006 at 18:27

I hate glam... Its so gay! Though music is often very good, its too gay for me... I can't stand that.

Possibly one of the most intelligent posts ive ever fucking read.

Indeed

BTW I just discore new hard rock/heavy band who was from Bosnia and play even in 70ties Wierd think Tito and metal
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.01.2007 - 12:17
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
One question: Why isn't this in a one of the metal forum areas?

It doesn't make sense to label it under the rock area, if it is known to be metal instead. Maybe the melodic metal area would better suit this particular topic.
02.01.2007 - 14:39
KwonVerge
Odysseus

I hate glam... Its so gay! Though music is often very good, its too gay for me... I can't stand that.

What is more gay and you should worry about it is the fact that you will never be able to get as many chicks as the members of many glam/sleaze bands
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
02.01.2007 - 16:42
danzig111
Account deleted

but isn't that how most people view the genre

the whole glam look isn't exactly something that guys would be into at first.
02.01.2007 - 23:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 02.01.2007 at 16:42

but isn't that how most people view the genre

the whole glam look isn't exactly something that guys would be into at first.

really? cus i can almost garuntee you that most glam rock bands probably got laid far more than any black-metallers.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.01.2007 - 23:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by KwonVerge on 02.01.2007 at 14:39

What is more gay and you should worry about it is the fact that you will never be able to get as many chicks as the members of many glam/sleaze bands

Hahaah girls, girls, girls well no glam no party four pousto
But does so much girls are important hgow music

Musicians can lost whole poet talant of such number of girls
----

apos;'
[image]
03.01.2007 - 04:51
Stalker
Lone wanderer

Well, I know. And its true that about girls, and even Maiden did dress like idiots and gays, especially Dickinson, but I dont know why would someone normal do such thing.... And its not just the way they looked, the way they move, walk, and all, its so feminine...

Just watch the singer of Van Halen in Get Up video, and say its not gay....
----
06.01.2007 - 00:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Stalker on 03.01.2007 at 04:51

Well, I know. And its true that about girls, and even Maiden did dress like idiots and gays, especially Dickinson, but I dont know why would someone normal do such thing.... And its not just the way they looked, the way they move, walk, and all, its so feminine...

Just watch the singer of Van Halen in Get Up video, and say its not gay....

Great vocabulary. Duhhhh its so gay! I R Heterosexual man! I angry at man in make-up!
Maybe David Lee Roth is a little over the top but I dont get how its homosexual
----
- George Carlin
06.01.2007 - 01:27
Stalker
Lone wanderer
@Dr.Rock - I didnt say hes homeosexual... i just said he looks gay. And despite he IS good singer he looks like fucking cheerleader... That's all.
----
04.02.2007 - 18:31
Hyvaarin

Meh, to each their own. Some are too insecure to deal with the ultimate flamboyance of hair metal bands, others are perfectly capable of appreciating rock's greatest ever phenomenon .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.02.2007 - 21:04
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Something that will be relived (by my own band, and other bands out there today, like Vains of Jenna, Kid Ego, Hardcore Superstar and the like) . As much as I'll probably get flamed for it, Glam and Sleaze to me, was the greatest achievement rock n' roll ever had. The genre epitomized what rock n' roll is, dangerous, unpredictable, and socially unacceptable, and it spawned some of the best bands of all time, and all of you listens to at least one of them, and I guarantee you any who says otherwise is a liar.

Long live glam and sleaze.
09.02.2007 - 00:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 08.02.2007 at 21:04

Something that will be relived (by my own band, and other bands out there today, like Vains of Jenna, Kid Ego, Hardcore Superstar and the like) . As much as I'll probably get flamed for it, Glam and Sleaze to me, was the greatest achievement rock n' roll ever had. The genre epitomized what rock n' roll is, dangerous, unpredictable, and socially unacceptable, and it spawned some of the best bands of all time, and all of you listens to at least one of them, and I guarantee you any who says otherwise is a liar.

well put, well put. But your band sucks.
----
- George Carlin
09.02.2007 - 01:19
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 09.02.2007 at 00:16

Written by Guest on 08.02.2007 at 21:04

well put, well put. But your band sucks.

Better than yours. Asshole.
10.02.2007 - 10:09
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
Dr.Rock and TheRealThing cool down and stop insulting each other. you are both warned and if this behavior persists you will be banned.
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
10.02.2007 - 11:12
Baz Anderson

you know - Twisted Sister are one of my all time favorite bands.. i love them!!!
but i have never really listened to any of the other bands mentioned in this thread.. (apart from the odd Guns N' Roses track or whatever..)

could someone recommend a band that are like Twisted Sister, that i might enjoy?
10.02.2007 - 20:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by SETHULHU on 10.02.2007 at 10:09

Dr.Rock and TheRealThing cool down and stop insulting each other. you are both warned and if this behavior persists you will be banned.

Sorry about that, but it was only a joke, im actually the drummer for our (me & TheRealThings) glam/sleaze rock band, so I thought it would be ironic to tell him his band sucks.
----
- George Carlin
11.02.2007 - 00:35
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 10.02.2007 at 11:12

you know - Twisted Sister are one of my all time favorite bands.. i love them!!!
but i have never really listened to any of the other bands mentioned in this thread.. (apart from the odd Guns N' Roses track or whatever..)

could someone recommend a band that are like Twisted Sister, that i might enjoy?

Easy dude, I recommend Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Slaughter, Poison, Nitro, Motley Crue (of course, why there isnt a page for them here on Metal Storm is an abomination, Shout at the Devil is the most metal album ever recorded), Ratt...good starter glam bands similar to Twisted Sister.

Similar to G N' R would be more sleaze right, for bands like that you'll want to check out Vains of Jenna, Faster Pussycat, L.A. Guns, Early Def Leppard (On Through the Night-High N' Dry), Kix and Johnny Crash. Also good stars.

Also, apologies, Me and Luke were just publically making fun of each other there. We thought it would be funny. Evidently not. Heh.
11.02.2007 - 01:13
Baz Anderson

ooh thanks! - i will have to look into some of them some time when i get time..
i probably have a huuuuge glam rock/metal side to me that hasnt been unleashed yet
11.02.2007 - 10:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 11.02.2007 at 01:13

i probably have a huuuuge glam rock/metal side to me that hasnt been unleashed yet

I saw one uk pan band, but its was like glam more glam, whit glamy style pl, dunno name, but ist new and its simething in lock like GnR and Motley maybe you know about what I talk

Damn why girls always follow to glamy guys
----

apos;'
[image]
11.02.2007 - 11:50
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2007 at 10:26

I saw one uk pan band, but its was like glam more glam, whit glamy style pl, dunno name, but ist new and its simething in lock like GnR and Motley maybe you know about what I talk

Because we are the best. Straight up man. We look good, we rock hard, and we have released some of the best albums of all time. Case and point: The Crue. It doesnt get better than Motley.
11.02.2007 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.02.2007 at 11:50

Because we are the best. Straight up man. We look good, we rock hard, and we have released some of the best albums of all time. Case and point: The Crue. It doesnt get better than Motley.

Hahhaha

I like The Cure but it wanst band what I mean
----

apos;'
[image]
12.02.2007 - 01:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2007 at 12:00

Written by Guest on 11.02.2007 at 11:50

Hahhaha

I like The Cure but it wanst band what I mean

I think he meant 'The Crue' as in 'Motley Crue'
----
- George Carlin
12.02.2007 - 21:15
marillionfan
Account deleted

you could easily enjoy W.A.S.P.
13.02.2007 - 05:46
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.02.2007 at 21:15

I don't think I know anyone who doesnt enjoy W.A.S.P, however, I don't think I would include them as similar to Dee and the boys, or even put them in the Glam/Sleaze category, with maybe the exception of their image.
13.02.2007 - 07:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

Yeah listen to anything TheRealThing says about glam, believe me, even though hes a n00b id already dub him the glam king of metalstorm.
----
- George Carlin
13.02.2007 - 14:35
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.02.2007 at 05:46

Written by Guest on 12.02.2007 at 21:15

I don't think I know anyone who doesnt enjoy W.A.S.P, however, I don't think I would include them as similar to Dee and the boys, or even put them in the Glam/Sleaze category, with maybe the exception of their image.

I agree with you; i never tried to imply that W.A.S.P. and Twisted Sister sound alike, just that someone who enjoys Twisted Sister could easily get into W.A.S.P., that's all.
14.02.2007 - 11:10
Baz Anderson

W.A.S.P. it is then!!
any specific albums to get me started off with??

(I actually saw a clip of a band I believed to be W.A.S.P. last night in my dream, and it sounded really good - but the strange thing is I havent heard any W.A.S.P. so whatever my mind made up was really good!!! hahaha)
14.02.2007 - 11:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.02.2007 at 11:10

W.A.S.P. it is then!!
any specific albums to get me started off with??

(I actually saw a clip of a band I believed to be W.A.S.P. last night in my dream, and it sounded really good - but the strange thing is I havent heard any W.A.S.P. so whatever my mind made up was really good!!! hahaha)

If you wanna lsiten WASP I had 3 albums, I can share whit you
But videos
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/80smetalmusicvideos/WASP.html

This shood do the trick, but IMO best album are ''Dying For The Wold'
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2007 - 11:39
Baz Anderson

I just heard their Jefferson Airplane cover of 'Somebody To Love' from the 'Still Not Black Enough' album and woo! that was great. hahaha
how fitting as well - it being the 14th and all..

when I get back from uni. I am going listen to some more

Kariasakis7: which three albums do you have?
14.02.2007 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.02.2007 at 11:39

I just heard their Jefferson Airplane cover of 'Somebody To Love' from the 'Still Not Black Enough' album and woo! that was great. hahaha
how fitting as well - it being the 14th and all..

when I get back from uni. I am going listen to some more

Kariasakis7: which three albums do you have?

I had WASP (First album)
The Headless Children(not remastered vesroisn)
Dying For The Word

I had those
----

apos;'
[image]