Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Reveal New Album Artwork

Norwegian prog metallers Leprous will release their new album Coal on May 28th in North America (May 20th in Europe) via InsideOut Music. In anticipation of this release, the band is now revealing the cover artwork, which was conceived by American artist Jeff Jordan, who previously created the artwork for the band's last album Bilateral in addition to working with The Mars Volta. Feast your eyes on the cover below.

More details about the album can be found here and here, where you can also hear the album's first single "Chronic".

Leprous comments on the artwork: "The artwork for this album was a hard nut to crack. We wanted something dark, melancholic but with a distinct character. We tried several solutions without finding the perfect supplement for the music, before we decided to contact Jeff Jordan once again. Jeff immediately had wonderful ideas that we decided to pursue. The artwork of Coal is in my opinion the most iconic we've had so far."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 18.04.2013 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 103 users
18.04.2013 - 13:50
Darkside Momo
Retired
Like it alot!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
18.04.2013 - 15:14
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Leprous doing something dark? Interesting. Not an outstanding artwork though.
18.04.2013 - 15:30
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Saw this 2 weeks ago and thought it was some fan created spoof and wasn't too enticed....clearly the cover art leaked This combined with the new single do not promote optimistic expectations...
18.04.2013 - 15:56
Czerny Reiter

Wonderful cover, really creative play on the album's title.

Reminded me of that ridiculous (and ridiculously-priced) diamond-studded skull art project that gained notoriety some years ago.
18.04.2013 - 15:59
Diverge

Great design, although the letters look kind of tacky to me.
18.04.2013 - 16:42
Unhealer
Eclecticist
So misleading

Hits total: 2763 | This month: 4