Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - New Single Available For Streaming

Black Sabbath have finally given fans a chance to listen to a brand new song from 13, their upcoming new album. The band uploaded the new single "God Is Dead?", the first to surface, on YouTube and you can now stream it below. The track is made available digitally today. However, you will have to wait until June 11th in the U.S. and June 10th in Europe to grab the album.

You can preorder your copy of 13 from iTunes and get an instant download of "God Is Dead?". The single's artwork was created by Heather Cassils.

The first Black Sabbath album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne was produced by Rick Rubin with Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk recording the drum parts. More album details can be found over here.

13 tracklist:

01. End Of The Beginning
02. God Is Dead?
03. Loner
04. Zeitgeist
05. Age Of Reason
06. Live Forever
07. Damaged Soul
08. Dear Father

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 19.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 69   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 328 users
20.04.2013 - 01:25
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 20.04.2013 at 01:17

You should. It's really something.

haha, I just did and you're right, it's something alright! Let's just say I'm not a huge fan of this one but of course I have complete and total respect for all those who love this song. Geez, it drags on a bit doesn't it? Maybe could have been a few minutes shorter.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
20.04.2013 - 01:41
DeathMetal

God damn I love crack.

I mean this song... and crack.
20.04.2013 - 02:01
WorpeX
Made of Metal
It's not as bad as I was expecting after reading the comments. What does bother me is that Ozzy doesn't even sound like himself... his voice is so CLEAN on this song. It just sounds wrong. No one listens to Ozzy cause hes a good vocalist, we listen to him because he has a unique voice. This just doesn't sound like Ozzy.
20.04.2013 - 02:02
Fade To Black

I wonder if this track would sound any better on equipment similar to what they recorded with in the early seventies? I feel a lot of what be people find enjoyable in those first 4 album has a lot to do with the production. The tone Iommis guitar had and the way Ozzy's voice sounded probably were greatly effected by the perceived limitations of the time. Not to mention the sound their going for would be greatly improved by that older production.

Maybe they should call Ghost BC for some pointers on production
20.04.2013 - 06:05
theembryo

I'll admit I didn't hate the tune, in fact it had my interest enough to order the damned 2CD bit. Got to experience Sabbath live in '75, '77, '81, and '99, so I'll need to give this new release a chance!
20.04.2013 - 06:07
bloodface

Quote:
Yep, thanks for that. Just confirmed to me how arrogant you seem to be about music and taste.

well said......definitely arrogant......i would also say pathetic and annoying as well......and i have the same feelings about the song.
20.04.2013 - 09:55
Moose

Hmm, not bad. Will be checking out the album.
20.04.2013 - 10:57
Metalodious

If they were going for a retro sound they sure succeeded! As experienced as these guys are, they manage to sound like a group of teenagers just learning how to play their instruments and write songs.
----
It's not that I don't want to be happy, I'm just not sure I'd enjoy it.
20.04.2013 - 11:19
enumaelis

----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
20.04.2013 - 11:26
Jeeers

This song is nothing special really and drags a bit, but still it's better than I expected from them. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised - it' sounds like Black Sabbath - you can't deny that. Old, a bit tired, but still making solid music.
20.04.2013 - 21:29
MetalWizard

I think is fair to say that almost nobody expects Black Sabbath to release a classic album like they did in the past. The same goes to Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica and almost any other band that has been long enough. That does not mean that it can´t happen and somehow a certain band proves us wrong.
It is undeniable that Black Sabbath is a mega classic band and one of the pioneers of this music that we love, and almost incomprehensible for someone that is not old enough to understand the impact their music has had in forging Heavy Metal.

That being said I found the song enjoyable, specially the guitar riffs of Maestro Tony Iommi, that reminds me of their first albums. We will have to wait to hear the whole album to have a fair opinion on this new work.

Who in their right mind wouldn´t want to see one of the forgers of Heavy Metal LIVE forty three years latter?? It is going to be a privilege that I believe is not going to last for long, and no Metal Head should missed it!!
20.04.2013 - 21:44
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Meh.
21.04.2013 - 02:38
Timelord

Only thing I get from this is the feeling of one last stab at $$$. Otherwise this would never get released if the "Original" Sabs name wasn't attached. They couldn't have picked a more stale uninspired song than this drudge. I would have thought they of all people would pick a really heavy more up tempo track to release as a teaser than this. Not only is the song bad in just about every way, it is also taking up space of another possible song being over 8 mins long! The fact maybe with Tony although trying his best he is just not healthy enough to be spot on. They did more damage releasing this song than good. Now I more than likely won't buy the album and will never waste another 8 mins on that garbage again. Gonna just pop in Master of Reality and kick back. DREADFUL
21.04.2013 - 03:02
seafood

It's the kind of a song that I would enjoy if it was played in a pub that I walk in, but probably never play it on my own. And really, that's probably the best that could have come out of it, considering that the days of Sabbath are long gone.
21.04.2013 - 11:31
drf1223

All in all it drags a bit, and the guitar solo is way too short for a 9 min song. Iommi delivers on the catchy-nostalgic riffs, and Butler's performance is admirable as well. For a Doom Metal song, drums are pretty meh. I hope they actually cared about the drumming on this album. Ozzy is decent... we've seen him do a lot better, and we've seen him do a lot worse.

It's a song I'll listen to if I throw it on a doom playlist, if I'm spinning the full album or some longer Sabbath songs, but I can't shake the fact they could've delivered something better. I hope this won't go overly-popular so I get to hear "it's one of the best songs ever" from casual metal listeners.
21.04.2013 - 18:49
Darken Rahl

I have seen this so many times where a band will release a teaser song from their new album and people will comment on how bad the new album will be. I have never heard a bad Black Sabbath album ever. And I have listened to them all over the years, with every new line up change. I would have rather heard a faster song from this album as the "teaser" song, but I won't base a projected opinion on the whole album by listening to one song.

I would also much rather listen to Ozzy sing in a new Black Sabbath album than hear another weak solo album like the last two. In fact I probably wouldn't listen to it. Ozzy is exactly where he needs to be for all these band members to shine.

I am hoping for a graet album.
21.04.2013 - 19:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 16:29

Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 15:55

Is it me or is !J.O.O.E.! becoming the next Marcel?

If calling a spade a spade constitutes becoming the next Marcel, then yep

If anyone thinks this song is good then I will instantly assume they are on crack.

nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, but somehow most of today's generation consider that being negative. Many people just can't handle the truth it seems.

And this new song is a total turd, no denying that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.04.2013 - 19:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.04.2013 at 19:14

nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, but somehow most of today's generation consider that being negative. Many people just can't handle the truth it seems.

And this new song is a total turd, no denying that.

Indeed. If people were more critical then there would probably be more high quality music out there. Why people get personally offended by opinions about albums they like is a mystery to me.
22.04.2013 - 10:11
Butters49

I didn't know that Tony Iommi was dead.
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
22.04.2013 - 14:52
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 21.04.2013 at 19:17

If people were more critical then there would probably be more high quality music out there.

Don't agree with this logic.
----
22.04.2013 - 23:52
Haiwaan Das

Really loved it. Great Music.
----
Gr Gr Gr Gr Gr
23.04.2013 - 01:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Dead guitar sound, dead vocals, drums, everything... everything is dead here.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.04.2013 - 02:51
Mad Mike

I really love the song... But seriously, what the fuck is wrong with being a fanboy? I'd much rather be that than an elitist with a giant stick up my ass.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
23.04.2013 - 02:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Mad Mike on 23.04.2013 at 02:51

I really love the song... But seriously, what the fuck is wrong with being a fanboy? I'd much rather be that than an elitist with a giant stick up my ass.

saying something is not good is being an elitist? Sorry but clearly you're clueless as to what constitutes an elitist.

This song is just a turd, but because it has the name Black Sabbath attached to it loads of people seem to drool all over it. This can;t even hold a candle to the nto so good album with Dio which was released a couple of years ago.

Call me an elitist if you lie, and I will wear that badge with full pride because I don't let myself get folled into something average or dire by the labels and rest of mainstream metal industry. I have ben around the block way too many time over the past 34 years when it comes to metal to let myself be fooled by money grabbers.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.04.2013 - 01:09
Lord_Regnier

So boring I stopped it before reaching the 2:00 min mark because I could not stand it any longer.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
24.04.2013 - 13:53
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

hahaha, good call. I agree with you, it's much more fun being a fan of something and enjoying it than being a cranky old man.
----
25.04.2013 - 20:44
exomorphyx89

Not bad but Black Sabbath can compose much better songs.
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
28.04.2013 - 23:09
BrightNight

Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

It isn't a bad song at all, relative to their discography. Iommi makes the track worthwhile. Of course they are never going to return to their prime, and it would be rather foolish to expect that.

Not to play "that card" but if this wasn't a Sabbath song I doubt anyone in the right mind would care about this. It's tired, overproduced and with a vocalist who can't sing, despite all the studio efforts to try and hide this fact. It would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes.

Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

It isn't a bad song at all, relative to their discography. Iommi makes the track worthwhile. Of course they are never going to return to their prime, and it would be rather foolish to expect that.

Not to play "that card" but if this wasn't a Sabbath song I doubt anyone in the right mind would care about this. It's tired, overproduced and with a vocalist who can't sing, despite all the studio efforts to try and hide this fact. It would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes.

Well according to you im not right in the mind, like some million others. Not that i want to play that card.

It's not tired by anymeans, its what we call Doom. You want something faster go listen Dragonforce. In case you never heard Sabbath; thats their sound.
Ozzy cant sing? I geuss thats why he sold millions of albums right?
But i would agree to say that his voice is not anymore what it used to be in the higher pitch marks. But hey, maybe you try sing after 50 years non stop lets see what that does to you.
My guess is that they kept the vocal lines a bit down so ozzy doesnt have to break his voice, cause he cant do everything with it anymore. Its not hiding at all, its adapting and being realistic. Any clue why Ian Gillan doesnt sing Child in Time anymore? Right.

Their music would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes?....you just made me smile. Hilarious guy. They would be lost in your haze maybe.

They are not going to their prime time? Dude, seriously....they invented Metal...this music genre is their legacy. They dont have to prove themselves to anyone or return to their 'prime'.

Ofcourse we now only just heard one song and cannot by anymeans judge the entire album just yet. But it sounds like they are still going on from the first 3 albums. This song has typical trade mark iommi riffs in it, in the end a lead which made me think about 'hole in the sky'. Geezer did wonderfull with the lyrics and his bassline is booming. And Ozzy sings in his typical doomy banshee voice. Pure Sabbath. If you like them i dont think you can wish for more and should be excited to hear the rest when it comes out.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
28.04.2013 - 23:20
BrightNight

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.04.2013 at 02:58

saying something is not good is being an elitist? Sorry but clearly you're clueless as to what constitutes an elitist.

This song is just a turd, but because it has the name Black Sabbath attached to it loads of people seem to drool all over it. This can;t even hold a candle to the nto so good album with Dio which was released a couple of years ago.

Call me an elitist if you lie, and I will wear that badge with full pride because I don't let myself get folled into something average or dire by the labels and rest of mainstream metal industry. I have ben around the block way too many time over the past 34 years when it comes to metal to let myself be fooled by money grabbers.

Money Grabbers? They dont need anymore money. If you have been following their career, and of all the member individually, you could have known they all kept playing in other bands and projects. Why? Because this is what they love to do and what they are good at. If they only did it for the money and nothing else, then why the hell would someone like Iommi go onstage and getting exhausted working in the studio for months while having CANCER?

Anyway, If you would be in such a position that you could ask a lot of money for it, why not? If you want to talk about money grabbers lets take a look at the Rap/Hiphop scene. Right now we are talking about real musicians.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
28.04.2013 - 23:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BrightNight on 28.04.2013 at 23:09

It's not tired by anymeans, its what we call Doom. You want something faster go listen Dragonforce. In case you never heard Sabbath; thats their sound.

It's tired. It may be doom (doom-inflected heavy metal at best) but this sound and approach has been done to absolute death and is well and truly "tired." I'm not sure from what point you're arguing from here. My issue was never with speed so try and focus on what you're arguing for and what exactly is the other person stated, instead of making up points to argue against.

Quote:

Ozzy cant sing? I geuss thats why he sold millions of albums right?

I never said he couldn't sing, I said his voice sounds terrible on this album. Stop strawmanning this discussion and just stick to what I actually said, please.

Quote:

But i would agree to say that his voice is not anymore what it used to be in the higher pitch marks. But hey, maybe you try sing after 50 years non stop lets see what that does to you.

Not sure what your point is here. You've just admitted that his voice is not what it used to be. Just because you used to sound good it does not mean a free-card to sounding shit in your later years. Shit is still shit regardless of what it used to be. Stop making excuses for him.

Quote:
My guess is that they kept the vocal lines a bit down so ozzy doesnt have to break his voice, cause he cant do everything with it anymore. Its not hiding at all, its adapting and being realistic. Any clue why Ian Gillan doesnt sing Child in Time anymore? Right.

That, or just the band doesn't have the chops anymore to write interesting and varied songs. This is speculation, as is your comment, so we'll dismiss this bit outright.

Quote:

Their music would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes?....you just made me smile. Hilarious guy. They would be lost in your haze maybe.

Compared to many existing contemporary bands they sound absolutely awful on this song. Bands like Orchid, ironically, do Sabbath's sound better than Sabbath do.

Quote:

They are not going to their prime time? Dude, seriously....they invented Metal...this music genre is their legacy. They dont have to prove themselves to anyone or return to their 'prime'.

Another completely irrelevant point, and more excuses from you as a way to exonerate their terrible new music. Their classic albums are their legacy. What they're doing now is tarnishing that legacy by making more music that is a mere shadow of what they once made. This is when bands should just stop altogether, just play live and leave their legacy alone.

Quote:

Ofcourse we now only just heard one song and cannot by anymeans judge the entire album just yet. But it sounds like they are still going on from the first 3 albums. This song has typical trade mark iommi riffs in it, in the end a lead which made me think about 'hole in the sky'. Geezer did wonderfull with the lyrics and his bassline is booming. And Ozzy sings in his typical doomy banshee voice. Pure Sabbath. If you like them i dont think you can wish for more and should be excited to hear the rest when it comes out.

At best this sounds like massively studio-wrecked filler track from one of their not-so classic records. If this song gets you excited for the upcoming album then I'm absolutely over the moon for you, but I'll also put you in the pool of people who can't see the shit for the roses.

Hits total: 6338 | This month: 9