Metal Storm logo
Les Miserables

28.04.2013 - 18:53
?apleee
Mouthcrab
A novel, movie, and musical. "A compassionate view of the victims of early nineteenth-century French society."

I've recently started reading the novel, and have never seen the musical or movie.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
01.05.2013 - 02:09
Thrashette

If you've just started the novel, I shall be careful not to include spoilers. I've watched the movie. I was skeptical that it would be one of those things where they chose acting ability and reputation over singing talent, but most of the cast pleasantly surprised me. I could've done without hearing Russell Crowe sing though. I haven't read the novel so I'm not aware of what scenes they left out. I haven't seen the musical either but I think it'd be interesting.
06.05.2013 - 02:02
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I read the novel over 10 years ago for a school project, and I seem to remember it was very good indeed. I haven't seen any of the movies or the musical.

I'm very fond of the Scrooge McDuck adaptation though. It was one of the reasons why I wanted to read the book in the first place.
21.05.2013 - 23:36
?apleee
Mouthcrab
I've gotten through a bit more than halfway through the novel now. To think that it only took me three weeks to get this far! ^_^
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
22.05.2013 - 06:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Been listening to it on Audible, enjoying it, but the book on tape...er...mp3 is something like 56 hours long.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.05.2013 - 13:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I saw the french TV series with Gerald Depardieu and John Malkovich...but i had kinda forgotten the plot, because it was quite a long time ago
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.06.2013 - 18:21
?apleee
Mouthcrab
...And finished.
Shit was so cash.
----

26.08.2014 - 07:25
EnterDeath24601
Account deleted
I have not read the book (though I intend to eventually) but I have seen both of the movies and am familiar with the musical, which I have not seen live.

For the past month or so, I have been obsessed with its soundtrack. My favorite songs would be "One Day More" (I love how it features most of the main cast), "On My Own," and "Do You Hear the People Sing?" although the whole thing is just great in my opinion. To me, the story is just so wonderful and I love a great many of the characters, my favorites being Enjolras, Éponine, and Javert.