Metal Storm logo
Serj Tankian, Devin Townsend, Ihsahn - To Appear On Charity Single

Ray Holroyd, British music lecturer and journalist, will be joined by Serj Tankian, Devin Townsend and Ihsahn for the first single from his new project Revolution Harmony in what sounds like a dream collaboration. The purpose of the project is to bring aid in the form of free music lessons and instruments for the children of South Africa.

The single is set to be released on July 18th, and all proceeds will go to Buskaid, a charity that provides free music lessons and instruments to children in the townships of South Africa. For more information, please visit http://www.revolutionharmony.org/home.cfm.

Revolution Harmony's debut All-Star charity single "We Are" features vocals from Serj Tankian and Ihsahn, as well as guitar solos by Devin Townsend. Composed, arranged, programmed and produced by Ray Holroyd in Vancouver, the international studio project was recorded in North America, England, Norway and New Zealand, then mixed by Rohan Onraet (Slipknot, Machine Head) in London, and mastered by Ted Jensen (Green Day, Muse) in New York.

Serj Tankian speaks about his involvement with Revolution Harmony: "It has been an absolute honor being involved with the Revolution Harmony project to bring much needed financial aid to Buskaid in South Africa. Music has saved my life and has the potential to create positive change in all those young kids struggling to make themselves heard and to survive." He continues on the single itself: "The song is a musical collage of complex yet moving colors intertwining genres and vibes."

Ihsahn adds: "I have followed this song since it was basically just a MIDI file and love how it has grown into this massive piece of music, so it was very easy to get inspired for lyrics and vocal lines. Knowing how music has shaped and enriched my own life, and how privileged I have been to be able to follow that passion, I really appreciate Buskaid's work to enable young people to follow that same path. Like most, my involvement in charity has been very generic, like signing up for donations to some of the global organizations, but Revolution Harmony has given me the opportunity to contribute with something personal, together with people who share my passion for music. I'm honored to be part of this." He concludes: "With our different backgrounds I think this just underlines the message of the song; a deep passion for music that goes beyond how we are typically isolated and divided."

Devin Townsend reflects on his experience: "I met Ray while he was working at a guitar magazine in the UK. He was very generous with his position there and had convinced me to guest on his charity project. I am happy to contribute and to be involved with the other musicians. I hope the goals he has for the benefit of people in need come to fruition, and I wish everyone involved the best of luck. Please do what you can to help people less fortunate than yourself, it is rarely easy, but it is a testament to the human spirit."

Source: revolutionharmony.org
Band profile: Ihsahn
Posted: 30.04.2013 by .starrk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 187 users
30.04.2013 - 13:06
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Interesting....perhaps something progressive then?
30.04.2013 - 16:26
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I wonder how a vocal harmony between Serj and Ihsahn would sound, hope there are some in the song.
30.04.2013 - 16:44
SSM
Massacred
Great news.
Let the music flow, play the instruments and compose more.

Meanwhile extremists are thinking about killing and slaughtering more people, animals and whatever is left.
30.04.2013 - 20:29
Olli

But the best vocalist is only playing guitar? Hmm will still buy it when it comes out, sounds interesting and it's for a good cause I guess
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
30.04.2013 - 20:41
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Olli on 30.04.2013 at 20:29

But the best vocalist is only playing guitar? Hmm will still buy it when it comes out, sounds interesting and it's for a good cause I guess

Yea I have to agree that's a bit of a !"£%-up, but at least it'll be interesting...
30.04.2013 - 20:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I'm curious to see how it turns out, definitely.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.04.2013 - 21:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good idea, but I only musicaly like Ishan so IMO this would be one big shit and I dontw ant to buy it, I better donate 10 dollars to that fond , how buy shit
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.04.2013 - 21:25
Kwis

Charities always miss the point here in South Africa. These kids need education, a better way of life, food, clean drinking water, awareness about aids/diseases etc. etc. etc. These kids are gonna play these instruments for a week, get tired of it, go sell it at the nearest pawn shop and then return to a life of begging on the streets. Don't waste money and time on something so insignificant. Rather face the problem head on, their upbringing.
01.05.2013 - 00:53
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Kwis on 30.04.2013 at 21:25

Charities always miss the point here in South Africa. These kids need education, a better way of life, food, clean drinking water, awareness about aids/diseases etc. etc. etc. These kids are gonna play these instruments for a week, get tired of it, go sell it at the nearest pawn shop and then return to a life of begging on the streets. Don't waste money and time on something so insignificant. Rather face the problem head on, their upbringing.

I'm here for the concert, not for charity.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
01.05.2013 - 11:49
Opethian

Serj?? .... ok
02.05.2013 - 00:22
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Gotta say this is quite an interesting mix, I think we may enjoy it a lot.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
02.05.2013 - 03:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Unhealer on 30.04.2013 at 16:26

I wonder how a vocal harmony between Serj and Ihsahn would sound, hope there are some in the song.

That would sound fucking CRAZY. A true next-level musical harmony haha.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 4125 | This month: 7