Metal Storm logo
Stryper - Recording New Album

Heavy metallers Stryper have recently entered the studio and are in the process of recording a brand new album, tentatively due before the end of the year via Frontiers Records.

The band's guitarist/vocalist Michael Sweet told Screamer Magazine about the new material: "The song 'God', which is on The Covering; if you took that song along with 'Bleeding From Inside Out' and 'Blackened' [from Second Coming], and you put it on the same album, that's a pretty good indication of where we are going and where we are at right now. But at the same time this album is all its own."

He adds: "Every song has a hooky guitar riff. Everything is in minor keys, so it's a little darker sounding and a little tougher. It's definitely our heaviest record and I think people will be pleasantly surprised."

The band's latest update on Facebook: "Working on lead vocals & guitar solos today. The toughest part is coming up with new ideas. I know they're in there somewhere - looking now."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Stryper
Posted: 07.05.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 13 users
07.05.2013 - 23:30
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
I am looking forward to this. Of all the glam/heavy metal bands from the 1980's, these guys are putting out the best modern material.
----
(space for rent)

Hits total: 1491 | This month: 4