Metal Storm logo
Graveworm

19.05.2006 - 23:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Here's the new thread for these Gothic/ (Melodic) Black Metallers from Italy.

I am a very big fan of theirs and I have all their releases so far. My favourite album is 'As The Angels Reach The Beauty'.

You can find a music video of 'Awaiting The Shining' here
And a video of their so far latest single 'I-The Machine' can be found here

Still looking forward to see them live some day.

All current Graveworm tour dates can be found at the band's website http://www.graveworm.de

----
Your favorite band sucks.
20.05.2006 - 20:22
GT
Coffee!!
I like the music, but I have to be in the mood for the vocals. They are a little to harsh for me. But if in a bad mood or just need to get rid of some aggresions they are great. Their cover of REM - Loosing My Religion is quite funny
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.05.2006 - 03:39
Surtur

Well Graveworm is fantastic, I have no words for "Awaiting the shining", but their masterpiece is "As the angels reach the beauty", but I have to say that Utopía is not as great as the other ones...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
24.05.2006 - 08:33
addelwis
Account deleted
ya Graveworm its my favorite band,i like stefano fiori screamers,good.I think keyboard sound very very nice.As the angels reach the beauty is my favorite album from all album.
24.05.2006 - 09:00
Terrorist
Account deleted
I'm listening to "Engraved In Black" right now, pretty good shit. It's one of the Sympho Black bands I like the most, they're not over-bombastic, all the vocals are awesome and they create beautiful atmospheres... two thumbs up.
25.05.2006 - 18:32
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Nyea, they are pretty damn good in creating atmospheres
That's what made Shakespeare a legend.
Although, if I may compare, I think Cradle is one rank higher than Graveworm.
25.05.2006 - 18:44
adorina
Account deleted
Graveworm is really an outstanding band. Everything about them is exeptional - the vocals, the atmospheric feeling and the pure beauty it portrays. One of my favorites for sure. I just get this special feeling when I listen to Demonic Dreams. Also, their cover of Losing My Religion is awesome, there was a point when I was completely addicted to it.
25.05.2006 - 19:11
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Jep, exceptional is the word for them
But not everyone likes exceptions .. which is a pitty when you think about it
25.05.2006 - 21:51
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ belgianmetalman:
I fail to see why and on what point Cradle Of Filth is better than Graveworm...
In fact I don't like COF at all, and I think Graveworm is somewhat different than COF and by far much better...

But you can always try to convince me though
----
26.05.2006 - 10:08
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Graveworm's music is so awesome that I can't even put it into words. I never have gotten tired of their music, and I don't think that I ever will. These guys are my favorite symphonic black metal group and my second favorite all time black metal group. I love everything these guys have to offer (vocals, drums, atmosphere, etc.)
26.05.2006 - 11:47
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
@ Thryce: I understand why you put them in this Topic Melodic Metal, but truth is they are Extreme. You have to remember that alot of Extreme bands are actually Melodic too, ESPECIALLY Black Metal.
This separation in MS is more of a guide. Graveworm are Symphonic Gothic/Black Metal, which is Extreme Metal as a whole.

Graveworm are one of my favourite bands, they have originality on every album, and change their style on every album, they are all equal to me. My favourite songs are:
Awaiting The Shining
Outside Down
Legions Unleashed
Unhallowed By The Infernal One
26.05.2006 - 12:35
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Dark Cornatus : I certainly understand what you're saying and as a matter of fact you're absolutely right, the Extreme Metal Forum is indeed more appropriate for this band. So I'll move this thread to the Extreme Metal Forum!

Thanks for pointing it out
----
27.05.2006 - 23:48
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Hmm Thryce ..
I don't really know how I could explain why I think Cradle Of filth is better ..
I suppose I've just been listening to them way longer than I've been listening to Graveworm and therefore I know the COF songs better and I find them better
Also I think Dani's vocals are very cool (so are Graveworms, hence my comparison)
But I also think that the lyrics Dani writes are better than Graveworm lyrics ...

All in all , it's just a matter of taste of course
I don't dislike Graveworm at all though
28.05.2006 - 01:34
Surtur

Cradle of filth used to be a good BM band maybe, but the truth is that Graveworm is much better the voice of Stefan fiori has nuances that are absolutely awesome, I don't know waht happens in the rest of the world but here in Mexico the ones who use to hear CoF are good guys trying to feel bad guys...
----
29.05.2006 - 10:45
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Thryce on 26.05.2006 at 12:35

@ Dark Cornatus : I certainly understand what you're saying and as a matter of fact you're absolutely right, the Extreme Metal Forum is indeed more appropriate for this band. So I'll move this thread to the Extreme Metal Forum!

Thanks for pointing it out

No worries man, i made the same mistake with Asmegin once.
Besides you got to use the move feature! I havent got to use that yet haha
29.05.2006 - 13:10
Damnated
Churchburner
Great band, awsoem sympho elements, simply love them. The vocals are really good
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.05.2006 - 21:20
GT
Coffee!!
Wuhu...just heard Awaiting The Shining...that track rocks. It's some of the best I've heard in this genre.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.06.2006 - 14:28
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Although i first found them very cheesey (they keyboards), ive really come to appreciate this band, especially N(U)topia. The song I - Machine is very catchy for a gothic/black song. Ill have a look at the video for "Awaiting The Shining". I havent seen that yet.
03.06.2006 - 15:07
Mort

Very nice band, especially the atmosphere they create wonders me. For ex. Scourge sounds gothic, Engraved is really apocalyptic and (N)Utopia is maybe smth like "digital".
But the most wierd about this band for me is the man named Lucas Flarer. As I can see this guy appeared just before (N)Utopia and is the main author of all this album!!! ("All songs by Lucas Flarer except "MCMXCII"). More, the guy has already left the band!By the way, (N)Utopia is strange for me - it has 5 great and 4 very poor tracks. Really strange and interesting situation, I guess.
04.06.2006 - 13:29
Thryce
Retired Staff
I've written a review about (N)Utopia a few weeks ago and it got approved and published today!! Feel free to check it out here.

(Note : this is my first real review )
----
04.06.2006 - 14:30
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Hehe , Congratulations on your review Thryce

"Overall this album certainly isn't as bad as I originally thought and I'll even indulge by saying this is a (pretty) good album. But relatively speaking, it's still not as masterly as the three previous albums."

A good and firm ending, just the way a good review should end.
04.06.2006 - 16:01
Thryce
Retired Staff
Thanks belgianmetalman! Glad you liked it

----
05.06.2006 - 04:54
Surtur

Yeah (N)Utopia is not a bad album, but in some moments it seems something like Industrial metal in 4 or 5 songs, somekinda metalic at least in my opinion, but it has good songs, and the REM cover is fabulous...
----
05.06.2006 - 11:08
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"I've written a review about (N)Utopia a few weeks ago and it got approved and published today!! Feel free to check it out here."

Nice review.
10.06.2006 - 00:18
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Hmm, I've just listend to some more Graveworm, and I must say, the more I listen to them, and the more attention I admit to a song of them
The more I like them better !
13.06.2006 - 15:46
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Unexceptionably a great band and one of the best in melodic black area... Engraved in black is my favourite i think..
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
22.07.2006 - 21:40
Bash'
:)
can't believe how do they play their music..!!!

the vocals are incridibly awesome
guitars are done by experts ... (it's tooooo much hard to play their music)
drums also perfect
Keys are differant story ... can move you to an atmosphere that you won't let it go ...

every single member here is as important as the other

*CHEERS*
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
11.08.2006 - 13:24
dark awakening

Really a great band! I've bought yesterday As the angels reach the beauty and I've got to say that's really catchy!
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
21.09.2006 - 08:07
Robstar

Indeed motherfuckers... Great band.. I got most of their albums an they have become through the years in one of my favorite discographies!
Great shit...
Right now listening Utopia, one of my favorites!
Stay Extreme !:metal:
----
Nothing is unreacheable
22.09.2006 - 10:12
Veeken
Account deleted
I just got the album "engraved in black". Killer album. I like the vocals, a nice variety screams. Nice and brutal.