‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 2 [3]
Users visited: 118  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Dead Ohlin on 17.12.2006 at 20:54
One of the most hailed US Black Metal and
One of the most powerfull hordes of the American scene
is without a doubt 'Nachtmystium'.

Azentrius (vocals / guitar / bass), Noctis (drums)

Discography:
2006 Instinct: Decay CD
2005 Visual Propaganda: Live from the Pulpits of Damnation DVD
2005 Nachtmystium mCD
2004 The First Attacks (Demos 2000-2001) CD
2004 Reign of the Malicious Cassette
2004 Demise CD
2004 Eulogy IV LP
2004 Reign of the Malicious / Nachtmystium CD
2003 Nachtmystium mCD
2002 Reign of the Malicious CD
2002 Demise

Page 3 of 3

Slayer666

03.08.2014 at 23:45
God damn, people really hate that dude. If Internet was a thing back in 1942, I don't think even Hitler would've gotten as many "just OD and die already" messages from pretty much EVERYWHERE his name is mentioned. :/

I can understand people being pissed about the stuff he did (I'd probably be quite pissed too), but I never thought someone screwing you over for probably about 100-200 bucks would incite such rage that you feel you need to post death wishes pretty much all over the webz.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

03.08.2014 at 23:50
Not that I'm excusing him entirely, but based on my own understanding of drug addiction, that makes you do dumb shit. You learn to manipulate and con because that's what it takes sometimes to get your next fix. Most addicts aren't doing what they do out of malice - their motives are entirely self-serving. And sometimes that hurts others, or screws them over, but it's the nature of the business. The guy would be better off getting the help he needs (and hopefully wants). At that point I'm sure the regret of his past actions would eat him alive and he'd apologize and hope people could learn to forgive him. That's like... the process.

Not that I know the details and I don't even know either side of the story in-depth, that's just my take on the addiction thing.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Ilham
attention whore*

03.08.2014 at 23:56
I thought his addiction was in past. And didn't he already apologize like a hundred times already? I don't know if they did anything to compensate the people that never got their merch though.
Slayer666

04.08.2014 at 00:02
I'm not excusing him at all. Addiction, unlike what people who are afraid of the phrase "personal responsibility" would have you believe, is not an illness but a choice. You don't "catch" a heroin addiction like you catch a flu and you don't have it just pop inside you like a malign tumor. You get it because you choose to shove an extremely powerful opiate into your veins (although most people start by snorting it first). And yes, it can and most likely will turn you into a piece of shit in order to feed your addiction, and most people, myself included, won't give a single flying fuck that your actions which have wronged them are not, strictly speaking, taken out of malice. That's his fault and his entirely, unless someone shoved that first dose of the big H into him by force.

But all that said, wishing death upon a petty thief? What is this, 600 A.D?
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

04.08.2014 at 00:04
Written by Ilham on 03.08.2014 at 23:56
I thought his addiction was in past. And didn't he already apologize like a hundred times already? I don't know if they did anything to compensate the people that never got their merch though.

No clue to be honest. I never did any research about this project aside from listening to the two Black Meddle albums. Had no idea until today there was this dramatic backstory and whatnot.
----
deadone
Mainstream Poser

04.08.2014 at 04:30
Is Judd now pretending he's sad for his drug abuse? There was an interview in Terrorizer about the time the 1st Black Meddle album came out where he talked about his drug usage with a sense of pride.

Guy's a fucking drop kick.
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

04.08.2014 at 12:52
Written by Ilham on 03.08.2014 at 23:56

He kept on apologizing yet kept on ripping off people at the same time. Not only when it came to merch but also concerning stuff he 'sold' from his own collection.
I know quite a few people who were ripped off by him.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

29.08.2014 at 05:54
Bored out of my tree looking through MA NSBM bands, lots of connections here.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Trist_Vintry_Vandre/32256
----
waste of space
Doc Godin
Obnoxious

29.08.2014 at 10:15
Written by Slayer666 on 04.08.2014 at 00:02

I'm not excusing him at all. Addiction, unlike what people who are afraid of the phrase "personal responsibility" would have you believe, is not an illness but a choice.

Yes, because the decision to classify it as an illness was made by a bunch of people with no knowledge of addiction. Addiction isn't a choice because it can stem from a number of places - depression - either through circumstance or chemical imbalance in the brain, pre-disposition (either genetic or surroundings), just to name a few broad areas of origin. I'm not saying all addicts are completely unaccountable, but addiction is usually the symptom of a larger issue. It's not just a matter of "Johnny decided he wanted to try heroin - woops! He's addicted!"

Just went to that youtube page - Jesus Christ people are fucking harsh. Regardless of whether the rip-off business happened years ago or yesterday, isn't it a little over the line telling someone to go OD because they ripped you off for a few bucks? How about cut your losses, and stop exaggerating your petty disputes to use as ammo against someone who isn't in a stable frame of mind (whether still addicted or recovering). By all means, boycott the band if you feel that's necessary, but stop acting like he killed your family or something. I think people really need to reassess their morals if they wish death upon someone over $200.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

29.08.2014 at 17:18
Written by Doc Godin on 29.08.2014 at 10:15
Just went to that youtube page - Jesus Christ people are fucking harsh. Regardless of whether the rip-off business happened years ago or yesterday, isn't it a little over the line telling someone to go OD because they ripped you off for a few bucks? How about cut your losses, and stop exaggerating your petty disputes to use as ammo against someone who isn't in a stable frame of mind (whether still addicted or recovering). By all means, boycott the band if you feel that's necessary, but stop acting like he killed your family or something. I think people really need to reassess their morals if they wish death upon someone over $200.

To be fair, Youtube comments are in no way a reflection of society, plus you get all kinds of trolls and keyboard warriors who say things they never would in person - things they might not even think, but due to the mob mentality on a page like that, some people just like adding fuel to the fire. It's like a game and they don't realize how serious some people might take what they say to heart.

Murder someone and burn down churches, achieve eternal fame in the black metal scene. Take money from someone, receive death threats and get told to kill yourself.

#justblackmetalthings
----
Slayer666

29.08.2014 at 18:12

Yes, because the decision to classify it as an illness was made by a bunch of people with no knowledge of addiction. Addiction isn't a choice because it can stem from a number of places - depression - either through circumstance or chemical imbalance in the brain, pre-disposition (either genetic or surroundings), just to name a few broad areas of origin. I'm not saying all addicts are completely unaccountable, but addiction is usually the symptom of a larger issue. It's not just a matter of "Johnny decided he wanted to try heroin - woops! He's addicted!"

As someone who was actually diagnosed with depression by an actual psychiatrist (no, not a psychologist) and someone who's had a very on-and-off relationship with cocaine for the past two and a half years, I think I have slightly more authority to talk about these things than someone who gathers their information on the subject from the Internet/wherever (presumably you).

Instead of taking my prescribed medicine and attending therapy like I was told, I opted for the quicker and (being younger and very stupid) "cooler" way out, and the rest is history. So I made a choice. I had two paths, I chose the worse one and I suffer the consequences. The decision to shove coke up my nose was in no way, shape or form an "illness". Depression is an illness, addiction is not.

Also, I love this sentence: "Yes, because the decision to classify it as an illness was made by a bunch of people with no knowledge of addiction."

Yeah, like obesity is also officially recognized an illness in the US. "Sorry, can't come to work/school today, I seem to have caught a bad case of being fat".

Before someone starts bitching at me at how "there are people who have glandular problems that cause them to not be able to lose weight, you insensitive prick", well I don't think that the AMA differentiates between people who have those problems and those who just eat too much and sit all day. Correct me if I'm wrong. And even if I am, then obesity is just a side-effect of their disease, not a disease in itself. Same thing with addiction and depression.
V01d

29.08.2014 at 18:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.08.2014 at 17:18

To be fair, Youtube comments are in no way a reflection of society, plus you get all kinds of trolls and keyboard warriors who say things they never would in person - things they might not even think, but due to the mob mentality on a page like that, some people just like adding fuel to the fire. It's like a game and they don't realize how serious some people might take what they say to heart.

Murder someone and burn down churches, achieve eternal fame in the black metal scene. Take money from someone, receive death threats and get told to kill yourself.

#justblackmetalthings

Other than youtube, people seem to be taking this pretty far:

https://www.facebook.com/blakecrush
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

29.08.2014 at 18:25
Written by Slayer666 on 29.08.2014 at 18:12
As someone who was actually diagnosed with depression by an actual psychiatrist (no, not a psychologist) and someone who's had a very on-and-off relationship with cocaine for the past two and a half years, I think I have slightly more authority to talk about these things than someone who gathers their information on the subject from the Internet/wherever (presumably you).

Instead of taking my prescribed medicine and attending therapy like I was told, I opted for the quicker and (being younger and very stupid) "cooler" way out, and the rest is history. So I made a choice. I had two paths, I chose the worse one and I suffer the consequences. The decision to shove coke up my nose was in no way, shape or form an "illness". Depression is an illness, addiction is not.

Also, I love this sentence: "Yes, because the decision to classify it as an illness was made by a bunch of people with no knowledge of addiction."

Yeah, like obesity is also officially recognized an illness in the US. "Sorry, can't come to work/school today, I seem to have caught a bad case of being fat".

Before someone starts bitching at me at how "there are people who have glandular problems that cause them to not be able to lose weight, you insensitive prick", well I don't think that the AMA differentiates between people who have those problems and those who just eat too much and sit all day. Correct me if I'm wrong. And even if I am, then obesity is just a side-effect of their disease, not a disease in itself. Same thing with addiction and depression.

As someone who studies addictions and works closely with the people who experience them, I can say that Doc here has a much more accurate perception of what addiction entails. Feel free to blame the man putting the needle in his arm, call him weak, say it's a decision based on his desire to be cool or whatever else, but I can tell you right now only a very small percentage of people who have an addiction take that path.

It's not as black and white as you make it out to be. We're getting pretty off-topic here analyzing the cause of addictions but to say it's simply a matter of making a choice comes across as ignorant. I've heard stories similar to yours and I've heard plenty of others that make you realize it's not just about a person sitting down and saying okay, I'm going to shoot up or start drinking this because that's how I want to escape my mental health issues. Addiction in itself is an illness that often stems from something else, but something like depression and addiction aren't mutually exclusive.
----
Doc Godin
Obnoxious

29.08.2014 at 21:31
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.08.2014 at 17:18

#justblackmetalthings

Yeah, the way I see it is there is a little more...reality with Blake's situation. It's one thing to utter death threats - I think even the dumbest youtube commenter does it with even subconscious irony. I think they know they're not going to fly halfway across the globe to follow through with their threats. However, egging someone on who is probably in a pretty dark place seems...unnecessary, and a little cruel. Even if you don't have any pity for the guy, isn't it enough to know that either A) He's struggling to sober up but will still have to face his crappy decisions every day for the rest of his life, or B) He's still addicted, meaning he's probably in a crappy place emotionally and will die soon anyways. Besides, if his addiction problems are as bad as they've been made out to be in the media, I somehow doubt ripping off a few fans is the most regrettable thing he's done.

It's almost like these people want to take credit for his death.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.