Metal Storm logo
Týr - George Kollias Tracking Drums On New Album

Recently, Týr revealed that they had parted ways with former drummer Kári Streymoy and promised a surprise studio fill in drummer. They have kept their promise and while they are recording their new album with producer Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Aborted, Mercenary) at his studios in Denmark, the folk metallers have enlisted the services of George Kollias to track the drum parts, primarily known for his work in Nile, as well as Nightfall. A video featuring drum tracking highlights, as well as a short message from Kollias can be seen below.

George Kollias comments on the experience: "Hey Týr fans, this is George Kollias and I hope you are ALL ready for a crushing new album from Týr! I had the pleasure to record the drums on the new album, we had an absolutely great time in the studio and I gotta tell you, the material is super strong and catchy, I'm 100% sure you will all love this new album! Big thanks to Heri, Terji and Gunnar for the opportunity and to Jacob Hansen for his incredible work with the recordings!"

Týr commented: "It was a pleasure to have George in studio. He's an amazing drummer and he certainly made an impact on this album. We're very excited to release this album."

One of the new tracks, "The Lay Of Our Love", will feature a duet with Týr vocalist Heri Joensen and Liv Kristine from Leaves' Eyes. More details will be unveiled in the forthcoming months as music and art are completed.

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Týr
Posted: 16.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 107 users
16.05.2013 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If you look at time 1:09 window is like mirror reflection, guy is drinking beer from bottle
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.05.2013 - 14:18
Rulatore

Can I haz death metal in the next album ?
16.05.2013 - 16:21
Haha, that's so awesome! I'm sad to see Kari leave, but George as a studio drummer must have really alleviated any worry about how drums would sound on the new album. I hope they step away a bit from the last two albums. Now, if they could just get Karl and Dallas in there to write a couple riffs...
16.05.2013 - 18:29
J. N.
Account deleted
Yay, overtriggered and repetitive drums!
16.05.2013 - 18:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
I've always wanted to see George do some other stuff than just death metal, to show how versatile he can be. Glad to see he's finally doing it.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

16.05.2013 - 21:29
Steadydrummer619

I am SO GLAD they didnt change their sound because of him. Talk about a Versatile Drummer!
17.05.2013 - 09:45
dougver1

George Kollias doing drums for Tyr... I guess he wanted to try something different! Exciting nonetheless!

Hits total: 2194 | This month: 6