02. For You
03. Scream of Despair
04. Around You
05. Your Easy Death
06. Horizon of My Heaven
07. Falling Stars
08. I Lost Myself
09. We're All on the Other Side

Or as I call it, My Indifference To My Indifference To Silence.

I kid. I kid.

Kind of.

Vladimir Andreev is a busy man, playing all the instruments for this Podolsk, Russia based death doom act.

I've listened to this album no less than two dozen times over the last month or so per my iTunes counter and never been particularly moved for good or for ill? or in doom terms, for ill or for good.

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with his approach. It contains all the standard components, you know, bestial death vox, slow tempo, chu-chu-chug riffs, mournful melodies over said riffs, and quiet interludes with either piano, clean guitar, or spoken bits,

All are well executed, and as with most on the Solitude Productions happy label family, it's well produced as well. Well, except for the drums at points... not going to waste words conjuring my inner Fenriz, just suffice it to say the big drums that are supposed to go THUMP THUMP THUMP sound flat flat flat.

The biggest reason for my relative indifference is that aside from some enjoyable mournful leads scattered here or there the entire thing just sort of came and went.

Two dozen times.

It's yet another album popped in my review queue that neither curb-stomped me nor made me want to curb stomp whomever was responsible for the atrocity. Hell, I'm currently on listen 25 as I type this up? and not displeased at having it on.

It is a good death doom release that will undoubtedly move some more than me? and disappoint or annoy others even more than me.

From my perspective, I'm glad I finally got 'round to hammering non-committal words out so I can move along to the next in my (neverending) queue.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 16.05.2013 by BitterCOld has been officially reviewing albums for MetalStorm since 2009.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 58 users
17.05.2013 - 10:55
Merchant of Doom

Bit average this one, especially in comparison to his previous effort, which went under a different moniker, On The Edge Of The NetherRealm. The rating is just about right... don't expect to be blown away, but it's ok if you are looking for some predictable doom/death.

Hits total: 4052 | This month: 4