07. Under The Rose
08. Play Dead
09. Face Of God
10. Night Side Of Eden
11. Venus (In Our Blood) [Limited Internet Edition bonus]
12. The Cage [Limited Internet Edition bonus]
13. Poison Heart [Ramones cover] [Japanese bonus]

Additional info
This album was released on September 26, 2005 internationally and on September 27, 2005 in the USA with a limited edition pre-release of 20,000 some days before. This limited edition came in a tin case with a 24 page booklet with hand written lyrics by the bands lead singer, Ville Valo, a certificate of authenticity and a key chain flash light that flashes the bands infamous Heartagram. It debuted in stores, however, with a glossy black plastic wrap covering the front, so in order to see the real cover you needed to purchase it.

The album was originally supposed to be produced and mixed by Andy Wallace, an accomplished Americas producer, but vocalist Ville Valo said he made HIM sound too 'American' and they fired him, hiring Tim Palmer with whom they had worked before on Love Metal and And Love Said No.

The first single released from the album is "Wings of a Butterfly".

The album charted at #18 in both the US and in the UK. In Germany "Dark Light" reached #4.

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
HIM, for all those that were accusing them as a flare that would soon fade, are back during 2005 with a brand new album, "Dark Light", and, believe me, they keep on remaining wonderful in what they are doing, offering inspired and emotional rock music, keeping the interest of their fans alive, but also enchanting more and more people with their music.

Read more ››
published 24.11.2005 | Comments (23)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 184 users
17.05.2013 - 20:47
RealEyes

Shitty album ! I think this band started to like money
10.06.2013 - 08:56
Rating: 8
Zadion

Right now, I'd definitely call this their best album.

Hits total: 8879 | This month: 11