Metal Storm logo
Power Of Omens - Original Bassist Matt Williamson Loses Battle With Cancer

Guitarist David Gallegos of defunkt San Antonio bases prog-metallers Power Of Omens has issued the following statement in regards to the passing of the band's original bassist Matt Wlliamson:

"It comes with great sadness to announce the passing of one of my dearest friends... Matt Williamson.

As many of you know, he had been diagosed with terminal cancer almost 2 years ago, and was only given 3 months to live at that time... but Matt's determination to fight this and win the battle was evident in his amazing struggle to survive almost 2 more years after his diagnosis.

Unfortunately, as I just found out this morning (December 14th), Matt lost his battle this past Saturday, December 9th.

He was an incredible person, a great friend, and an absolutely amazing bassist and musician. He will sorely be missed by his wife, family, as well as his Power Of Omens family."

Former bandmate and current Zero Hour vocalist Chris Salinas states, "Matt was a great person and great friend who also served our country proudly in the Army. He played a key role in the writing proccess of the first Power Of Omens CD. Things were never the same when the country called his name and he had to leave. I love you Brutha and I will miss you. You will live on through music forever."

Source: powerofomens.com
Posted: 18.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 7 users
18.12.2006 - 19:58
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Musicians rise and fall, just like empires but their names will never be forgotten. RIP.

Hits total: 2652 | This month: 5