Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden Albums - Top To Bottom

Thumbs up: +1
It's about time I made one. :^)

Created by: Iron Nostarion | 22.05.2013

1. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Amazing album, I mean, for the fucking win. Not only the beginning of their progressive dabblings but an album full of creativity, and what, we're talking about 1988 when you think Maiden has run out of stuff to do? Their last groundbreaking album before Brave New World.
2. Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Not only my personal favorite, but a great combination of good and old. No matter how much Maiden tries, Brave New World will be a hard work to top. The pinnacle of what Maiden could present, I believe.
3. Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
Most underrated album despite the fact it's one of their best, ever, EVER.
4. Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast
It would've been a shame not to put this in the top five anyway. ;)
5. Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Self-explanatory. Whether 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner' and 'Powerslave' long glory, or marching like 'The Duellists' and 'Aces High', or just plain damn heavy metal like '2 Minutes to Midnight', Powerslave is definitely great.
6. Iron Maiden - Killers
This has got to be their best effort with Di'Anno (oh, you thought the debut? mhm, nah, not in my opinion). 'Murders in the Rue Morgue', 'Wrathchild' and 'Another Life' have got to be one of the best Maiden songs ever.
7. Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death
Underrated. Vastly underrated. Just because a lot are not used to long Maiden with a few repetition does not mean this is bad. This is actually a forgotten about masterpiece.
8. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Well, well, well.. :^)
9. Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
Underrated as fuck as well, but it can be explained. There's not a single song below five minutes, and some songs are just really good rehashes of old. I still love this album.
10. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Sorta underrated, actually, a lot underrated, but ain't up to par with AMOLAD or BNW, per se, although pretty fucking good and better than Dance of Death and their '90s efforts. I admit the title track made me dislike the album for a month, but it grew and grew on me and is one of my favorite Maiden albums to hit play on as of today.
11. Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
Oh yeah. Another underrated masterpiece. 'Dance of Death', 'Paschendale', 'Rainmaker', 'No More Lies' and so many more awesome tracks on here and people hate on this.. I know not as of why.
12. Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
This album confuses me. 'Afraid to Shoot Strangers', 'From Hell to Eternity', 'Wasting Love', 'Fear of the Dark' and 'Be Quick or Be Dead' are top notch Maiden, TOP NOTCH, but the rest is really, really... really.. ugh..
13. Iron Maiden - The X Factor
Maybe a bit underrated, but the structure was a bit off, and Blaze wasn't really THAT good. He's decent, but not just Maiden material.
14. Iron Maiden - No Prayer For The Dying
Only three good tracks (Russia, Daughter and Smoke). Though what is this, I don't even..
15. Iron Maiden - Virtual XI
._______. There's never lack of good on Maiden but damn, what the hell was this..

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Iron Nostarion ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 3   Visited by: 17 users
22.05.2013 - 00:32
Death_95

A pretty good list! Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is my favorite too.
23.05.2013 - 02:10
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Written by Death_95 on 22.05.2013 at 00:32

A pretty good list! Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is my favorite too.

It's an amazing work. :^)
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
05.09.2015 - 21:41
Toxik

Maybe No Prayer For The Dying sould be higher since it's a album full of great songs and Brave New World and AMOLAD is where it should be.

Hits total: 1450 | This month: 3