Metal Storm logo
Sanctuary - Sign With Century Media, New Album This Year

Remember Sanctuary? Four of the founding members, Warrel Dane, Jim Sheppard, Lenny Rutledge and Dave Budbill, came together for a few select reunion performances in 2010 and today come the news that the heavy metallers signed a deal with Century Media. Sanctuary also begun work on a new album 20 plus years after Refuge Denied (1987) and Into The Mirror Black (1990). To complete the line-up, Brad Hull (Forced Entry) will be filling in for former guitar player Sean Blosl. A late 2013 release is planned for the new album The Year The Sun Died.

Warrel Dane says: "Having been with Century Media since 1995 with Nevermore, it was a very comfortable decision for Sanctuary to sign with them. Century Media has a great team that always delivers for all of their bands. I've known most of them on a first name basis for many years and I look forward to this new chapter in history."

Lenny Rutledge adds: "I can speak for every member of Sanctuary when I say we are all excited to join the Century Media family. We now have the opportunity to work with the best metal record label on the planet. We are looking forward to creating great music with an awesome team behind us."

Sanctuary line-up 2013:
Warrel Dane - Vocals
Lenny Rutledge - Guitars
Jim Sheppard - Bass
Dave Budbill - Drums
Brad Hull - Guitars

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sanctuary
Posted: 22.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 70 users
22.05.2013 - 21:22
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Kinda figured this is what Warrel and Jim have been up to in the wake of Jeff and Van bailing on Nevermore. I wonder if this means Nevermore is going to announce a break-up soon? Let's hope so cuz let's face it, without Jeff, there can be no Nevermore.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

22.05.2013 - 21:23
schizodelight
Super excited about this. I'm just hoping like hell that Dane doesn't collaborate with Peter Wichers again as producer. His influence on the last Nevermore album (The Obsidian Conspiracy) was so obvious and just.... it toned it all down compared to their previous goliath of an album "This Godless Endeavor" and sounded way too much like Dane's solo album which Wichers also had a big hand in, although I loved his solo album.

Also, just so you know you put "1997" instead of 1987 for Refuge Denied.
----
Prepare for unforeseen consequences.
22.05.2013 - 21:27
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by schizodelight on 22.05.2013 at 21:23

Also, just so you know you put "1997" instead of 1987 for Refuge Denied.

Fixed. I noticed that as well but you called it out before I could fix it.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

22.05.2013 - 21:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I don't see anything, it was always 1987 for me anyway (thanks)
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.05.2013 - 22:10
schizodelight
Sure thing I was JUST rotating a massive Sanctuary/Nevermore/Solo-album playlist when I saw this story pop up. Really made my day.
----
Prepare for unforeseen consequences.
22.05.2013 - 22:26
Zap
Ah, finally some news from Sanctuary
22.05.2013 - 22:37
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow, Brad Hull will be on the record! Will definitely check it out!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
22.05.2013 - 23:02
bitethepain
Great news! I hope they rerelease their old albums as I don't own them and would love to

Hits total: 3965 | This month: 13