Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Debut Upcoming 3D Movie Trailer

Last year, Metallica confirmed that a 3D movie was in the works for release in 2013. At the beginning of this year, the band revealed more and confirmed that the movie would be titled Metallica Through The Never. Now the band has released the official theatrical trailer of the movie and you can have the first taste of Metallica Through The Never here. It will be shown on IMAX theatres in North America on September 27th and will roll into additional theatres in full 3D one week later on October 4th.

Drummer Lars Ulrich has been at the Cannes Film Festival in France to talk about Metallica Through The Never and to promote the film to international distributors.

Metallica's upcoming 3D IMAX concert movie was directed by Nimród Antal ­(Predators), produced by former IMAX film producer Charlotte Huggins (Journey to the Center of the Earth) and features live footage of the band as well as a narrative featuring Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, The Amazing Spider-Man 2).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 23.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 227 users
23.05.2013 - 13:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
NOOOOOOOOPE
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.05.2013 - 15:24
Arcesse Eum
Lame.
----
As above, so below.
23.05.2013 - 16:06
Nimlot
A. Reader
I can't wait to watch Lulu in 3D.
23.05.2013 - 16:15
Dööm
I have absolutely no idea idea what that movie is about. Is it mainly a concert video? Is the narrative about Metallica's history? Or is it just riots and fire, because that will probably look cool in 3D while som may think that it's fucking metal - which is very important.
I'm at a loss here? Anyone know more about the project?
23.05.2013 - 16:23
DTOM
Account deleted
I'm Hungarian, and I am proud to be a Hungarian director could make a film to the Metallica.
Movie trailer:
http://player.hu/kult/metallica-film-elozetes/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=metallica-film-elozetes
23.05.2013 - 16:29
Nemo Atkins
Written by Dööm on 23.05.2013 at 16:15

I have absolutely no idea idea what that movie is about. Is it mainly a concert video? Is the narrative about Metallica's history? Or is it just riots and fire, because that will probably look cool in 3D while som may think that it's fucking metal - which is very important.

I think it's a concert video with an extra narrative story that'll probably be before the main concert (and hopefully the concert is tied into the story: the guy was driving to the Metallica concert or something). I'm at a loss as well, but that's my personal guess.
23.05.2013 - 16:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Dööm on 23.05.2013 at 16:15

"DeHaan plays a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission while the band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down". Taken from our previous news about the movie.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.05.2013 - 18:49
TastetheSin
So this is a story based around a Metallica concert? I hope it's like Wayne's World 2.
23.05.2013 - 20:37
Rupert
I don't think I'd even steal this one. Is the director's name for real? Nimrod?
24.05.2013 - 13:35
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
The watered down rendition of "Master of Puppets" that can be heard there made me want to give this potential pile of steaming poo a wide berth.

Besides, what the hell is the point of this release? Apart from money that is?
24.05.2013 - 18:30
Omnicosm
Does anyone give a flying fuck about this band anymore?
----
Cheers.
25.05.2013 - 18:02
lacerations
Account deleted
Like Justin Beiber's movie Never Say Never...
28.05.2013 - 02:59
Migtanteot
Written by Guest on 25.05.2013 at 18:02

Like Justin Beiber's movie Never Say Never...

That´s it dude. no more is necessary to say.

Hits total: 3325 | This month: 4