Metal Storm logo
Which band did you most recently discover?

Original post

Posted by Sinfonia, 23.05.2013 - 20:11
The last band I discovered myself was Sulphur Aeon, and they are quite good.
30.05.2013 - 17:54
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
I and Demonaz

Being a huge Immortal fan for years, I already knew about these 2 projects. But I only started listening to both recently, I'm in love really good albums.
02.06.2013 - 09:46
whatsacow

Written by Guest on 02.06.2013 at 03:05

Liar In Wait's Translations of the Lost sounds like Katatonia's unexistent & unreleased Day EP with vocals by Ville Valo's lost cousin. Quite nice.

http://liarinwait.bandcamp.com/album/translations-of-the-lost

Not really reminding me of Katatonia, but great find nonetheless.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
02.06.2013 - 17:49
whatsacow

Written by Guest on 02.06.2013 at 17:15

Written by whatsacow on 02.06.2013 at 09:46

Not really reminding me of Katatonia, but great find nonetheless.

"Day" Katatonia:

Ah. That explains it then.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
05.06.2013 - 07:39
ToMegaTherion

Whilke id heard their music before and enjoyed it to an extent, Iv finally started to really get into them. Enslaved. These guys are just plain awesome. Prog Black at its best
11.06.2013 - 19:53
Paraffin

You can check my last fm profile if u want to learn. i am interested in some underground and old school death/thrash bands. and that shit helps me to find and discover many bands that i would like to listen.

http://www.lastfm.se/user/tanniquetil/charts?subtype=artists
12.06.2013 - 15:08
Mercyful_Kate

Woods of Ypres. My boyfriend was playing them on Spotify the other morning. I thought it was Forest of Shadows at first. Really impressive.
26.01.2014 - 13:57
Infernal Eternal

Gang Green
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
09.02.2014 - 02:19
Dr.Overkill26

I've been obsessed with Melvins lately, not like I just discovered them but wow. They"re amazing.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
09.02.2014 - 17:26
Pitfiend

Over the years, I "slightly" ventured into Black Metal with bands such as Mayhem and Dark Throne. I never really listened closely to Behemoth over the years besides the occasional track here or there. Now, I can't believe what I've missed...Listening to "The Satanist" has made me dig back through their catalog to discover how truly incredible their musicianship is...I would recommend this band for fans of ANY extreme metal music
18.02.2015 - 08:13
Deathmaster

Leviathan for sure! I have heard of them since forever, but only recently started listening to them. And I think they're pretty beast. I especially like how unorthodox they are at times, Coupled with an absolute ferocity which I love in my Black Metal.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
19.02.2015 - 18:12
MolochAngst

6:33 - Their new album Deadly Scenes is fucken amazing, the band itself still a hidden change.
20.02.2015 - 03:56
MetCanMeshAnt

Legion of the Damned.

Had their album on my wishlist for a few years. Finally picked up Malevolent Rapture with some money I got for my birthday. Now I just can't seem to figure why I waited so long to pick it up. It is a great album from start to finish. I should have picked it up earlier. Would highly recommend it.
20.02.2015 - 10:27
God of shadows

Shades Of Black

Enjoyed this instrumental one-man band, and it seems to me that more and more of instrumental metal bands are rising nowadays. Thumbs up for that.
----
"Everything will be ok
I'll just sit down and watch some bullshit"
-Acrania
20.02.2015 - 12:12
Jessie J
Account deleted
Celeste, great Sludge/Post-Hardcore/Black Metal, a must if you like those genres.
20.02.2015 - 18:52
ß
Problem?
Srogość solid Polish black metal.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
20.02.2015 - 23:07
raveneffect

Chapel - Black/Speed Metal from Canada. Sounds a lot like Midnight so expect Venom, Bathory and Motörhead worship.

Atlantean Kodex - Heavy/Doom from Germany. I've seen some guys talking about it (mostly requesting patches) but I've never knew who they were, thought it was just an old NWOBHM demo or something. They sound all right.

Deathhammer - Thrash from Norway. Another band currently under Hells Headbangers Records, awesome evil Thrash like it should be done.
07.03.2015 - 18:03
Sang Dalang Abu

Every day I'm always check every bands in my fuckin' listtt.
But I find it very interesting to The Ruins Beverast. Maybe since first listen to his second album. Brilliant.
21.03.2015 - 20:51
Araki
Account deleted
I recently discovered Norot, a superb visual artist of occult works and band art, who recently released his first album, Nathrach. Atmospheric ritualistic black metal, which for me ignited a search into more music like this as well as the roots of this sound. Earlier I fell for Cultus Sabbati in a big way, as well. Unfortunately they've split up. (now HK8, but it's just not the same.)
21.07.2015 - 02:56
DARKKUBAN

I Recently found legion of the Damned i liked they are a pretty good black/thrash band you should try them
27.07.2015 - 19:56
poison-evie

I recently got into Lord Belial
06.08.2015 - 04:47
Guib
Thrash Talker
Recently discovered Wretched... very good TDM with melodies, a bit ''a la'' Spawn of Possession, from time to time. I like it.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.08.2015 - 05:59
Forty2One

Akhlys - I like them, still not terribly familiar with them. I've only heard The Dreaming I, they're the first Black Metal band I've listened too in awhile. MetalSucks said this album was good, so I gave it a listen.

Beyond Twilight - I'm a big fan of Circus Maximus and I was reading a really old interview with Mats Haugen, he mentioned the band so I checked them out. Their song Ecstasy Arise is fucking amazing, great vocal work. Havnt heard much from them besides their Section X album yet though.

Theoktony - Earlier today I searched 'Technical Black Metal" as I've been writing my own Black Metal song with a bit of technical ideas and I came across this website http://technicaldeathmetal.org/category/technical-black-metal/ and they were the first band, I liked it. I'm listening too the entire album as I type this.
----
Circus Maximus - Symphony X - Sabaton - Lost Horizon - Outworld - Falconer - Hammerfall
In Flames - Dream Theater - Enslaved