03. La Terra Rossa Di Marte
04. Droni
05. Sinapsi Divelte

Additional info
U.M.A. = (Uomini, Macchine, Anime)

Staff review by
Auntie Sahar
Rating:
As a huge fan of writers like Philip K. Dick, Robert A. Heinlein, and Isaac Asimov, I really have to come out and say that there simply isn't as much science fiction-themed metal out there as there should be. Xenomorphs, Higgs-boson particles, and technologically totalitarian futures generally take a lyrical backseat to topics such as war, religion, and joyous stories of using knives for sexual intercourse with your girlfriend. Every now and then, however, we get blessed with bands (Vektor, Oranssi Pazuzu, etc.) that thankfully do feel like tickling the funny bone of your inner sci fi nerd. Italian duo Progenie Terrestre Pura are hitting the scene hard this year as one of them, and their debut album U.M.A. is, quite simply, a force to be reckoned with.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2013 | Comments (19)

Found in 33 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 36   Visited by: 402 users
27.05.2013 - 15:27
MechanisT
Account deleted
Impressive. Almost sounds like Ixion gone haywire.
22.06.2013 - 15:34
Rating: 9
Erik M.

Fantastic album. This one really has it all: raw black metal, incredible riffs and electronic/industrial sounds that help create a spacey, dreamy atmosphere.

Easily one of the best albums of 2013.
13.08.2013 - 02:24
Paz

The italian language in clean vocals sounds cheesy as fuck. At the end of 'SovrarobotizzazioneI' feel like I'm listening to the sermon of pope
01.09.2013 - 17:12
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
This is fucking fantastic. Finally something I like that's odd and different from what I would normally consider.
----
rekt
20.09.2013 - 15:57
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Not only the music is good. The folks are really great. I had the chance to interview them on our Facebook Page:
Feel free to read it.
19.10.2013 - 23:53
psykometal
A staff guy...
Pretty good stuff. I definitely waited too long to get this.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

05.01.2014 - 20:36
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by BloodJuNkie on 05.01.2014 at 14:05

Meh

You're weird.
05.01.2014 - 22:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by BloodJuNkie on 05.01.2014 at 21:25

LOL, why? Do you care to elaborate?

Giving 9s and 10s to mediocre atmoblack like Summoning and Caladan Brood while giving this a 3 makes no sense whatsoever, considering this is miles beyond both of them.
05.01.2014 - 22:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
"Nothing but noise"

This album pwns both Caladan Brood and Summoning's 2013 entries.
05.01.2014 - 22:58
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by BloodJuNkie on 05.01.2014 at 22:46

Well, summoning's fans don't have the same opinion on their latest album, some of them prefer the old stuff, some other guys prefer the newest album, and some who like both of them. But do you want to say the this album is better than Caladan Brood's Echoes of Battle album? I don't think so, this album is nothing but noise, IMO it's not fair to compare it with Caladan Brood's album. It's up to you to like it more than Echoes of Battle but it's unfair to call CB's album a mediocre album!

Well, I am by no means a Summoning fan, but I'd say I'm being perfectly fair.

This album is awesome. CB's album blows, seeing as it's basically a rip-off of Summoning, most of which is boring (Their early stuff when they actually sounded metal was decent). Seems fair to me.

You're the one not being fair, calling this album "nothing but noise" which is just as laughable as your opinion on this album.
05.01.2014 - 23:19
Rating: 7
mz

I strongly disagree with BloodJuNkie about this album and summoning but his opinions on summoning really has nothing to do with UMA. He can simply say that he loves summoning and finds UMA boring and no one can refutes his statement.
But that "nothing but noise"part ... damn
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
05.01.2014 - 23:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 05.01.2014 at 23:19

I strongly disagree with BloodJuNkie about this album and summoning but his opinions on summoning really has nothing to do with UMA. He can simply say that he loves summoning and finds UMA boring and no one can refutes his statement.
But that "nothing but noise"part ... damn

Well he can be quoted as saying "Well, IMO people who find this album (Old Morning's Dawn) boring don't like atmospheric black metal at all, so don't judge or give a rating to an album representing a genre you don't like"

If you ask me this a much better atmospheric black metal album than either Summoning and CB's albums. Then again, he does call this "noise" and most people here know this is anything but noise, so using his own argument perhaps he should refrain on passing judgement on any album he doesn't understand my point being: he used an erroneous and dismissive argument about Summoning, so I guess there's nothing wrong with doing the same here.
05.01.2014 - 23:51
mz

Written by Guest on 05.01.2014 at 23:35

Well he can be quoted as saying "Well, IMO people who find this album (Old Morning's Dawn) boring don't like atmospheric black metal at all, so don't judge or give a rating to an album representing a genre you don't like"

If you ask me this a much better atmospheric black metal album than either Summoning and CB's albums. Then again, he does call this "noise" and most people here know this is anything but noise, so using his own argument perhaps he should refrain on passing judgement on any album he doesn't understand my point being: he used an erroneous and dismissive argument about Summoning, so I guess there's nothing wrong with doing the same here.

my post was merely directed to Lit's reply when he said "Giving 9s and 10s to mediocre atmoblack ..." and not even his latter reply and I agree that the he, the summoning fan,' did not give a good response after that but that reply of Lit is really strange (??) and somehow denial of personal opinion. I must had quoted that especial reply from the beginning.

On a more "on topic" note I must say that this album has made quiet a fuss here on MS and many people regard it as one of the best records of the year . It does not do that much for me personally. Interesting and engaging and that's it for me.
----
06.01.2014 - 00:41
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by BloodJuNkie on 06.01.2014 at 00:32

CB's album didn't bore me at all, and this album is nothing but noise. This is my opinion and you deal with it. You should learn how to accept other opinions.

At any rate, you're still wrong, because this is still much better than both Summoning and Caladan, no matter how much you bitch about it. You should probably learn to accept that.
06.01.2014 - 09:02
mz

CB's album didn't bore me at all, and this album is nothing but noise. This is my opinion and you deal with it. You should learn how to accept other opinions.

Like I said I personally don't see any problem in preferring summoning and CB over this band but stop calling it "noise". It's not even a "noisy" album and has pretty clear and clean production which results in a relatively relaxing and non abrasive listen. Needles to say that it is also pretty well structured.
----
06.01.2014 - 09:30
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by mz on 06.01.2014 at 09:02

Like I said I personally don't see any problem in preferring summoning and CB over this band but stop calling it "noise". It's not even a "noisy" album and has pretty clear and clean production which results in a relatively relaxing and non abrasive listen. Needles to say that it is also pretty well structured.

All I said was "meh" .. He wanted to know why so i told him. I don't usually say such things on albums i don't like unless someone wants to know my opinion. And when i say "noise" i mean that the music doesn't make any sense to me, it's just noise. I didn't blame you for liking it and i'm free to say whatever i like.
06.01.2014 - 09:56
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by mz on 05.01.2014 at 23:19

I just saw this post now, and NO, i don't think you're right. Even if i say that an idiot like "Lit." will appear and say: "How the hell do you call this album boring?" .. It seems that most of people here can't accept other opinions and i'm supposed to force myself to like this album or something , this is pathetic!
06.01.2014 - 10:34
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by Guest on 05.01.2014 at 23:35

"Then again, he does call this "noise" and most people here know this is anything but noise"

Is this a reference or something? Then i'm afraid to say that most people here think CB's album is a great release. I don't know what's your problem guys when a band follows a band, their release is pretty awesome and this is what anyone should care about.
06.01.2014 - 10:56
mz

Written by BloodJuNkie on 06.01.2014 at 09:56

I just saw this post now, and NO, i don't think you're right. Even if i say that an idiot like "Lit." will appear and say: "How the hell do you call this album boring?" .. It seems that most of people here can't accept other opinions and i'm supposed to force myself to like this album or something , this is pathetic!

You do realize that we are having somehow a genre debate here right? Noise is a distinct musical genre and has some characteristics. I am not personally the best person to talk about it but all I know is that associating UMA with "noise" is just as absurd as calling it a death metal record. For the next time, be careful about the words you choose for complaining about an album. Especially, considering that some users here are fan of noisy black metal bands.
----
06.01.2014 - 11:04
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by mz on 06.01.2014 at 10:56

You do realize that we are having somehow a genre debate here right? Noise is a distinct musical genre and has some characteristics. I am not personally the best person to talk about it but all I know is that associating UMA with "noise" is just as absurd as calling it a death metal record. For the next time, be careful about the words you choose for complaining about an album. Especially, considering that some users here are fan of noisy black metal bands.

Well, it's the same as calling a melodic death album "an epic album", it doesn't mean "epic" the genre. And i didn't say "i don't like the noisy influences" or something like that. It was obvious that i wasn't talking about any other genre, so IMO your argument is invalid.
06.01.2014 - 11:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BloodJuNkie on 06.01.2014 at 10:34

Is this a reference or something? Then i'm afraid to say that most people here think CB's album is a great release. I don't know what's your problem guys when a band follows a band, their release is pretty awesome and this is what anyone should care about.

I was just playing devil's advocate. You said that anyone who didn't appreciate Summoning's last album don't enjoy atmos-black and shouldn't pass judgement on Summoning. This is of a course not true, as atmos-black comes in many forms. For me this album is a better atmos-black album than OMD and most definitely definitely better than Caladan Brood's one, which is a clone of a band at their most average in my opinion.
06.01.2014 - 11:44
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by Guest on 06.01.2014 at 11:22

I was just playing devil's advocate. You said that anyone who didn't appreciate Summoning's last album don't enjoy atmos-black and shouldn't pass judgement on Summoning. This is of a course not true, as atmos-black comes in many forms. For me this album is a better atmos-black album than OMD and most definitely definitely better than Caladan Brood's one, which is a clone of a band at their most average in my opinion.

I said that i rushed when i said that, but there was too many voters and i'm sure many of them don't prefer atm. black. And it's up to you if you prefer OMD, EOB or U.M.A. I didn't insult those who dislike Summoning's and CB's new releases.
26.01.2014 - 11:38
Zap
Is this whole thread seriously about Summoning? Hasn't there been enough discussion about that band in 2013...
In any case, I recently decided that this album is my favorite one from 2013. It doesn't reach masterpiece levels, but it's unique, original and an overall very solid effort. I'm looking forward to what these guys can do in the future.
12.02.2014 - 20:36
Erik M.

Written by BloodJuNkie on 05.01.2014 at 22:46

Well, summoning's fans don't have the same opinion on their latest album, some of them prefer the old stuff, some other guys prefer the newest album, and some who like both of them. But do you want to say the this album is better than Caladan Brood's Echoes of Battle album? I don't think so, this album is nothing but noise, IMO it's not fair to compare it with Caladan Brood's album. It's up to you to like it more than Echoes of Battle but it's unfair to call CB's album a mediocre album!

And there's people like me who like everything Summoning has ever done, as well as Caladan Brood and this band. They're all fantastic in my opinion.

But yeah, comparing it with Summoning and CB is a bit of a strange thing to do, as the difference in style is huge. If it's unfair to you that Lit. calls Echoes of Battle mediocre, then it's also unfair that you call this "nothing but noise", because there's far more to it. It's an incredibly ignorant and utterly dumb statement. And honestly, the only reason I prefer Summoning to this is because I enjoy it more. If I would judge them as objectively as possible I'd say U.M.A. is better music-wise, as well as more original. I'm a sucker for either though.
12.02.2014 - 20:46
Erik M.

I do agree with you about Summoning and CB, but you're being a hypocrite by rating this a 3 and bashing it with incorrect statements such as "nothing but noise". Honestly, you're one of the people who give Summoning/CB fans a bad name by bashing true black metal simply because it's not your cup of tea or because you don't understand the music. Saying this is "nothing but noise" is an 100% false statement, because this isn't even noise and even if there was noise in this, there are still lots of atmospheric Industrial parts to be heard here that are very relaxing. Even the heavier parts totally consist of black metal riffs. So to sum it up: your 3 rating isn't justified, no matter how you put it. Not liking something is one thing, but handing out a 3 to an excellent album such as this is ludicrous.
12.02.2014 - 20:49
Erik M.

Written by Guest on 06.01.2014 at 00:41

At any rate, you're still wrong, because this is still much better than both Summoning and Caladan, no matter how much you bitch about it. You should probably learn to accept that.

That's an arrogant thing to say. Your opinion isn't a fact. That's probably something you need to accept.
12.02.2014 - 20:51
Erik M.

Written by mz on 06.01.2014 at 09:02

Totally agree with you there. Except that I do find this album fantastic. What a totally fresh-sounding original album this is. I can't say anything bad about it. Immensely enjoyable stuff.
12.02.2014 - 20:58
Erik M.

Written by BloodJuNkie on 06.01.2014 at 10:34

CB's Echoes of Battle is indeed a truly great album and it's pathetic that people write it off as a Summoning copy. Going by that logic, I can name tons of bands that are copies of bands before those. It's just that there are very few similar artists like Summoning and that's why CB is being bashed for being a copycat. Another reason is that both were released in 2013, so they're automatically compared to eachother. People who know their music, like me, can at least tell they're pretty different musically, yet ignorant people act like they're identical. Okay, I'm not denying they are similar, but the difference between them is big enough and even if it isn't, it still doesn't make Echoes of Battle a bad album by any means. They should be judged without being compared to Summoning.
12.02.2014 - 21:05
mz

Written by Erik M. on 12.02.2014 at 20:51

Totally agree with you there. Except that I do find this album fantastic. What a totally fresh-sounding original album this is. I can't say anything bad about it. Immensely enjoyable stuff.

To be honest, I need to listen to this again. Heard it twice and think that it might be a grower. It's rather original as you said.The problem with this record was that it had a lot of potential but did not seem to develop them.Certainly not a bad album buy any measure.
----
12.02.2014 - 21:05
mz

Written by Erik M. on 12.02.2014 at 20:51

To be honest, I need to listen to this again. Heard it twice and think that it might be a grower. It's rather original as you said.The problem with this record was that it had a lot of potential but did not seem to develop them.Certainly not a bad album buy any measure.
----

Hits total: 8621 | This month: 18