Metal Storm logo
Vektor - Frontman Arrested For Throwing Beer At Christian Protester

Please remember not to throw beers at Christian protesters. It seems like Vektor frontman David Disanto was reportedly arrested for throwing a beer on a Christian protester in Memphis at the Scion Rock Fest 2013. The thrash metal band has now decided to come forth and clarify a few things about the incident.

Vektor statement: "Alright alright alright. As many of you know it was an intriguing evening in Memphis after the show itself (which did rule, thanks to you all, by the way). We'd like to clarify a bit though, the blurb going around is sounding a bit misleading. 1. 'Threw a beer' does not mean 'chucked a glass bottle', or even a can/cup. (allegedly) beer was splashed out of a plastic cup, no violence. 2. He's not locked away or anything, only a misdemeanor... We are getting a well needed chuckle from all the FREE DAVE/FREE VEKTOR stuff though. Even though you guys have put a somewhat positive spin on it, it was a stressful ordeal for everyone involved last night, and all before an early morning flight. He is safe and sound though."

"We are still missing details, as none of the 3 of us actually saw what happened and haven't been able to communicate with him whatsoever since. Thanks for your amusing support, nothing remotely like this has ever happened to him (or us) so we're kind of dizzy. Pretty absurd, but not the end of the world or anything. We probably shouldn't say much more yet, and we have yet to see if or how this will affect things. It is unfortunate, but what's done is done and hopefully the consequences are as mild as the (alleged) act. Allegedly, Vektor (minus David, but only briefly)."

Municipal Waste, who also performed at the fest, shared the picture below and some humour about the whole situation: "This is Dave from Vektor. He got locked up for throwing a beer on a Christian protester at our gig last night. If you see this man buy him a beer. He seems to have lost one."

"For the record we are not promoting hate towards Christians or anyone else for that matter. We are however promoting for more beer for our buddy Dave. For the record Municipal Waste fully supports beer throwing no matter what Race, Religion, Age, Diet or Sexual Preference."

People still protest metal shows? Just have a beer instead.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vektor
Posted: 03.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 284 users
03.06.2013 - 13:06
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Poor fella.
03.06.2013 - 13:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Christians, Oh Christians. Y U PAIN TO THE WORLD?!

/rigorousofftopic
03.06.2013 - 13:54
Zap
"People still protest metal shows? Just have a beer instead."
Aye!
03.06.2013 - 14:05
PocketMetal

Hahahaha , I lol'd so hard at what Municipal Waste had to say .
03.06.2013 - 14:27
ANGEL REAPER

And those "christian " organisations can insult everyone ,burn crosses and shit,without punishment right?!
bullshit...
Dude have a beer from me
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.06.2013 - 15:55
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Oh come on now, this is the kinda shit that should get you a trophy, not an arrest for Christ's sake (pun intended)
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
03.06.2013 - 16:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This is awesome
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.06.2013 - 16:30
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I'm no native speaker, but why not "spilled" beer instead of throw and cause all this confusion?
03.06.2013 - 18:29
Big-Al

This is awesome news, I'm now discovering Vektor on youtube - they're pretty good!
----

I drink moosepiss
03.06.2013 - 19:00
a MasT

Bahaha look at that stereotypical cop
03.06.2013 - 19:20
Lit.
Account deleted
Quote:

Municipal Waste, who also performed at the fest, shared the picture below and some humour about the whole situation: "This is Dave from Vektor. He got locked up for throwing a beer on a Christian protester at our gig last night. If you see this man buy him a beer. He seems to have lost one."

03.06.2013 - 19:32
cossaisVendeurs

I don't know if it's the picture quality, but Dave looks quite pleased to me.
03.06.2013 - 19:38
qlacs
"The Quaker"
The first question arises in me, how come christian protests were attending a Vektor show... no wonder even I'd throw some stuff...

And still, Disanto fucking rules!! He's Dave Mustaine of this decade.
----
03.06.2013 - 20:01
Nattens

The alleged incident isn't what caught my attention. It's the fact that someone was actually protesting a Metal show, something I haven't seen in ages! Then again I don't live in the bible belt where things like that would be of no surprise.
03.06.2013 - 20:10
Yavanna

Really? Christian protestors in a metal show?
Shouldn´t they be praying at their churches/doing charity/reading the bible/whatever?
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
03.06.2013 - 21:05
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Yavanna on 03.06.2013 at 20:10

Its funny the only time Ive seen Christian protesters at a metal show was for a Megadeth/Black Sabbath tour, kindof ironic considering Dave is an outspoken Christian and some of the members of Black Sabbath claim to be as well.. so obviously these protesters dont know what they are doing.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
03.06.2013 - 21:49
ANGEL REAPER

Written by AngelofDeth on 03.06.2013 at 21:05

Its funny the only time Ive seen Christian protesters at a metal show was for a Megadeth/Black Sabbath tour, kindof ironic considering Dave is an outspoken Christian and some of the members of Black Sabbath claim to be as well.. so obviously these protesters dont know what they are doing.

cause those guys know about these names from world of metal only...and they even don't bother to check out info about them...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.06.2013 - 22:08
.Nick

Seeing that photo immediately made me think of this:

03.06.2013 - 23:28
Mattybu

Written by Unhealer on 03.06.2013 at 16:30

I'm no native speaker, but why not "spilled" beer instead of throw and cause all this confusion?

I agree, bad choice of words.

The whole thing is pretty hilarious though.
03.06.2013 - 23:39
Diverge

Written by Irritable Ted on 03.06.2013 at 22:20

I'm disgusted. The metal community these days have no respect. Beer has feelings too.

04.06.2013 - 04:40
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Irritable Ted on 03.06.2013 at 22:20

I'm disgusted. The metal community these days have no respect. Beer has feelings too.

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.06.2013 - 06:36
Zadion

"For the record Municipal Waste fully supports beer throwing no matter what Race, Religion, Age, Diet or Sexual Preference." lmao
04.06.2013 - 06:42
Lanthros

Ok let me put a bit of Memphis though sadly I couldnt make it to the fest. Anyway these protesters are a MAJOR nuisance downtown and on beale street. While they dont nessecarily protest metal shows they protest EVERYTHING and are downright abusive to people. Also the cop in the picture is a complete asshole.
04.06.2013 - 11:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
According to Vektor, David's case was dropped. We should have more details released soon.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.06.2013 - 12:02
chrisʇrenounced

Hmm I'd say Mr. Dave's actions were justified here, albeit a waste of beer. Anybody who celebrates thousands of years of rape, murder, genocide, suppression of knowledge, and the perverting of humankind deserves to have things thrown at them.
04.06.2013 - 15:45
Yavanna

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.06.2013 at 21:49

Written by AngelofDeth on 03.06.2013 at 21:05

cause those guys know about these names from world of metal only...and they even don't bother to check out info about them...

It makes me think about one thing I saw the other day, there it was this little guy (he was maybe 10-12yo) and he was full of spikes and stuff, and wearing a t-shirt that says " DON´T HATE STRANGERS".
People like that are just haters, they are just there trying to make their lifes less miserable by putting the blame on someone else (in this case, the metal band that was playing, considered "evil/whatever" by them...:suicide:
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
04.06.2013 - 16:21
Fritillaria
Account deleted
He seems like smiling
05.06.2013 - 17:14
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I think he was doing them a favour. "here's your salvation right here"
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
12.06.2013 - 09:17
Daniell
_爱情_
He'd get arrested for throwing beer at anyone, regardless of their religious affiliation. And rightfully so. I'm an atheist, but I'd want the guy to get arrested if he threw a can/mug of beer.
14.06.2013 - 12:10
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Daniell on 12.06.2013 at 09:17
He'd get arrested for throwing beer at anyone, regardless of their religious affiliation. And rightfully so. I'm an atheist, but I'd want the guy to get arrested if he threw a can/mug of beer.
...did you read the news?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 4305 | This month: 10