Metal Storm logo
Scorpions - In The Studio

Scorpions have returned to the studio. It seems like they abandoned their retirement plans as the band announced last year that they were working on unfinished songs from the early 80s, leftovers from the Blackout album and Love At First Sting. The quintet has worked on a dozen tracks with producers Mikael "Nord" Andersson for an album that is tentatively scheduled for release later this year.

The band's frontman Klaus Meine shared the following with the fans: "Dear Fans, thank you so much for all your wonderful birthday mails, messages, presents and videos that reached me from all over the world. It really touched my heart in a big way... I 'd like to say 'thank you' to each and every one of you for your love and support over so many years... We are in the studio right now, but it won't be long before we hit the road again... I'm looking forward to seeing all of you some where out there... Rock on... Klaus."

Guitarist Matthias Jabs had told Billboard: "We will dig in again and maybe have a selection of 16 to 18 songs and pick the best 12 from those. It's actually very good material." The idea for the project, he adds, "came from the fans. They were the ones saying, 'There must be some extra material from those days,' and they were right."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Scorpions
Posted: 05.06.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 60 users
05.06.2013 - 17:53
John Shock

Thank you! now, it's the countdown...
05.06.2013 - 18:39
Enissa

That's some big news... I didn't expect them to come out of retirement this soon!
05.06.2013 - 19:17
Metal Invader

Im always for some good Scorpions songs

Hits total: 2787 | This month: 3