‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum
Users visited: 57  
Search this topic:  

mz

07.06.2013 at 13:48
Surprised by the fact that there is not a exclusive topic about Leprous, I decided to start this topic. I personally have listened to last three leprous albums and enjoy them to a great extent. Leprous is for me one of the most promising bands in modern prog metal.
----
Unhealer
Eclectisist

08.06.2013 at 00:37
And their drummer is one of the most promising musicans in modern prog. Great band, I still have to check their first album.
mz

08.06.2013 at 12:28
Written by Unhealer on 08.06.2013 at 00:37

And their drummer is one of the most promising musicans in modern prog. Great band, I still have to check their first album.

Yeah, their drummer is really talented but never goes too much on "show off"y side (which is a great thing for me).
btw,Which one of their albums you prefer?
----
K†ulu
Raving Lunatic

08.06.2013 at 14:40

Wow, this is interesting to hear. I have never noticed anything about his style, but I am going to listen to their latest again, so I will try to pay attention to the drumming. I also need to check their first one as well as listen more deeply to Tall Poppy Syndrome.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
K†ulu
Raving Lunatic

08.06.2013 at 14:43
Written by mz on 08.06.2013 at 12:28

Yeah, their drummer is really talented but never goes too much on "show off"y side (which is a great thing for me).

I see you like prog rock... I have recently discovered a Swedish band Anglagard, who released two albums in the 90's and then one last year after a 16-year hiatus. I was really impressed with the drummer, Mattias Olsson. He does not show off but really makes the music interesting and emotive so to say. Check them/him out.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
mz

09.06.2013 at 12:23
Written by K†ulu on 08.06.2013 at 14:43

Written by mz on 08.06.2013 at 12:28

I see you like prog rock... I have recently discovered a Swedish band Anglagard, who released two albums in the 90's and then one last year after a 16-year hiatus. I was really impressed with the drummer, Mattias Olsson. He does not show off but really makes the music interesting and emotive so to say. Check them/him out.

Thank you, I am familiar with Anglagard and have listened to their debut which was beyond expectations. I sure need to give that masterpiece more spins. Also, I was aware of their new album but did not give that attention. Will dl their recent material today.
If you liked Anglagard, I think you would probably enjoy Discipline , another good prog rock band, I personally was really impressed by their recent album :To Shatter All Accord
Again, tnx
----
TungstenPhilly

12.06.2013 at 18:23
I love Tall Poppy Syndrome. I think it's an absolutely fantastic record. I love how they bring in a bunch of different stylistic influences not often heard in European metal (barbershop???). Also, I think the kick drum sounds phenomenal on that album (although some of the other drum sounds are a bit more questionable.

The second album did not catch my ear as much and I haven't tried the third album yet.
----
Tungsten - Original Progressive Metal from Philadelphia, USA.

Check us out at tungstenphilly.com or at facebook.com/tungstenphilly or at tungstenphilly.bandcamp.com

For fans of Opeth, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Mastodon, Ayreon, etc.
honey

05.08.2013 at 12:23
I would like to appreciate you for sharing such a great info with us
----
learnalanguagelearnalanguage
Pass4sure ccdaPass4sure ccda
Pass4sure A+ Exam QuestionsPass4sure A+ Exam Questions
Lethrokai

30.08.2013 at 15:10
I don't know, I personally find TPS to be their weakest album... It just sounds too much like Opeth, not their own album.

I actually feel that Coal has been their best release. Yes, it's not as erratic, but the musicality in it is unbelievable. "The Valley" is a masterpiece, as are "Foe" and "The Cloak."
3rdWorld

03.11.2013 at 23:04
Coal is amazing and would probably end up as my second favorite prog release of '13. I also simply love these guys in Ihsahn's latest.

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.