Metal Storm logo
Toxik - Reveal Snippet Of New Song

American technical thrashers Toxik have released a snippet of their first recorded song in twenty-four years. The song is a rough pre-mix demo without vocals of "Crooked Crosses", which is available for streaming using the Soundcloud widget below, off the as-yet-untitled follow-up to 1989's Think This and the band's comeback. You can expect to know more about the album in the coming weeks. For now, you can have a foretaste of things to come.

Founding member and lead guitarist Josh Christian comments on the new music: "I know it's been a long time and one of the things I always think about is my own reaction when I hear about older bands recording, it's like 'Oh no... not again' because let's be honest, it's usually an underwhelming listen and a lot of times it kills the band's legacy for the fans... but I have a feeling that people are going to be surprised by the intensity and power of our new material. The songwriting demo's which are really just me arranging the parts and programming drums have been getting rave reviews from random listeners in the bands circle... it's so inspiring for us. We haven't spun off into Nu metal and we aren't trying to rewrite World Circus, It's definitely Toxik, but it isn't your dad's version."

Toxik only released two full-length albums in their career: World Circus and Think This back in the 80s.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Toxik
Posted: 08.06.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 48 users
08.06.2013 - 15:28
Illog1cal
Account deleted
This sounds very interesting.
09.06.2013 - 01:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow... This sounds like something written by Ron Jarzonbek. Looking forward to hearing a full song and eventually the album.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
09.06.2013 - 22:17
Joppe
Steelemeister
Glad to see these old school bands making come backs. This sample isn't telling much but I'm sure they can manage to do another great album.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 2875 | This month: 5