Metal Storm logo
Pythia - New Album Coming, Line-Up Changes

After a pretty long period of silence, Pythia shared with the fans the frantic activity that's been going on in the band in the last few weeks. In terms of good news, the symphonic band has finished writing their new album, and drummer Marc Dyos already finished recording drums. But no release date has yet been decided.

But the update mainly concerns sad news: guitarist Tim Neale and keyboardist Richard Holland decided to leave the band. The guys have already been replaced. The band welcomes guitarist Oz Wright and keyboardist Marcus Matusiak which are already working on the new songs.

Neale said: "It's been a fantastic 5 years being a member of Pythia, and I am very proud of all we achieved; not only as a band, but as individuals as well. However, time has come for me to hang up my armour and move on. The chaps in Pythia will of course remain very dear to me, and the friendships with the band are still as strong as ever... It is simply time for me to move on, and with the advent of certain recent developments musically and personally for me, everyone involved in the Pythia camp agreed that this was for the best of all involved. And so, dear reader, it is with great thanks and a LOT of happy memories that for now I leave the phenomenon that is Pythia wishing them nothing but the best and all the success they have earned."

While these are Holland's thoughts: "It's with some sadness that I announce my departure from Pythia after 5 years of writing and recording keyboards with the band. Family commitments have now made continued work with the band very difficult and for this reason I have chosen to stand down. I joined the band as a power-metal newbie, so the learning curve was a steep one. The creative challenges working with the band came thick and fast but they were always extremely rewarding and I'm very proud of the first two studio albums and the singles we have released so far. I would like to thank Pythia for giving me the opportunity to get my creative juices flowing again, at a time when they had long since stopped, and at the same time allowing me to explore an avenue of previously undiscovered (and brilliant) music."

"I would like to thank the fans for their continued support and loyalty towards the band, and their kind words and encouragement. Whist I have never made it onstage with the band, their passion and commitment on and offstage has always been evident and I wish them every success with their next album and in the future."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pythia
Posted: 09.06.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 34 users
09.06.2013 - 22:51
Susan
Smeghead
Cannot wait!!
----
"A life all mine