Metal Storm logo
Edenbridge - Premiere New Video

By now, you should already know that Edenbridge is releasing a new album later this month. The good news today is that you can finally listen to a brand new song from The Bonding right now. The video for "Alight A New Tomorrow" has made its online debut and you can watch it at this location. Alternatively, you can watch it below. How do you like the new song?

The new album hits stores on June 21st in Germany, June 24th in the rest of Europe and on July 2nd in North America under the SPV/Steamhammer banner. More album details can be found here and here.

The Bonding tracklist:

01. Mystic River
02. Alight A New Tomorrow
03. Star-Crossed Dreamer
04. The Invisible Force
05. Into A Sea Of Souls
06. Far Out Of Reach
07. Shadows Of My Memory
08. Death Is Not The End
09. The Bonding

[Thanks to Susan for the tip!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Edenbridge
Posted: 10.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 90 users
10.06.2013 - 18:44
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Not very memorable and rather 'meh'. The orchestral part was the only bit I liked.
10.06.2013 - 19:13
a MasT
^pretty much
10.06.2013 - 20:25
Italics
I loved their last two albums, but this feels kinda lackluster. Although I will agree that by the last chorus, the song had grown on me a little. Nonethless... hopefully this turns out to be one of the weaker tracks on the album (as singles usually are).
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
10.06.2013 - 20:51
Can't come up with anything bad to say about this...not even a low-blow eyebrow comment. Guess I'll probably get it when it shows up at Ranch Records
11.06.2013 - 04:37
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Love it! It's darker than their usual style. Can't wait for the rest
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
11.06.2013 - 17:38
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Awesome!
11.06.2013 - 18:51
mariano
Not bad... great orchestration.
12.06.2013 - 03:15
Patrick.
I liked it, and I agree with Italics about the last chorus. It stuck much better with me after that. Also agree with DarkSymphony, the symphonic middle-part was great. I'm going to purchase this.
12.06.2013 - 11:06
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I think it is a good start
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.06.2013 - 13:32
Metal Invader
Its been a decade and more since i last listen Edenbridge..I dont like that symphonic part in metal and power metal much and imo its all similar to Nightwish(and Nightwish whas much better then), even this song remind me of some song from Drak Pasion Play
This song is nice imo but nothing else,too simple and little bit boring so i guess i didnt miss much
12.06.2013 - 13:55
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Written by CyberSymphony on 10.06.2013 at 18:44

Not very memorable and rather 'meh'.

Agreed, exactly my feelings after listening to this. Sounds exactly like any song from Solitaire, which was a rather boring album. A shame, as I expected them to evolve a bit.
12.06.2013 - 17:23
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Written by Guest on 12.06.2013 at 13:55

Written by CyberSymphony on 10.06.2013 at 18:44

Not very memorable and rather 'meh'.

Agreed, exactly my feelings after listening to this. Sounds exactly like any song from Solitaire, which was a rather boring album. A shame, as I expected them to evolve a bit.

I actually liked Solitaire, most of the songs were great IMO. I agree about them not evolving with this one though. I'll give the album a listen when I comes out.
15.06.2013 - 16:55
Written by Metal Invader on 12.06.2013 at 13:32

Its been a decade and more since i last listen Edenbridge..I dont like that symphonic part in metal and power metal much and imo its all similar to Nightwish(and Nightwish whas much better then), even this song remind me of some song from Drak Pasion Play
This song is nice imo but nothing else,too simple and little bit boring so i guess i didnt miss much

Not everything sounds like Nightwish, I didn't really see the similarities, as if all symphonic metal has to he compared to NW, maybe a few but there are a lot of symphonic metal bands.
15.06.2013 - 17:46
Metal Invader
Written by Epictemptation7 on 15.06.2013 at 16:55

Written by Metal Invader on 12.06.2013 at 13:32

Not everything sounds like Nightwish, I didn't really see the similarities, as if all symphonic metal has to he compared to NW, maybe a few but there are a lot of symphonic metal bands.

I agree, I was a little too harsh (I wanted to be brief sorry) but this song reminds me on Amaranth or Bye Bye Beautiful if i remember corretly!?(at least to me)
But i think that main thing what i whas going to say is that i dont like symphonic much(i did once) and that this song is imo nice but boring
20.06.2013 - 00:42
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
As i said in Solitaire, Edenbridge NEEDED to evolve their sound. Not change it completely, just a change that allows the album to be differentiated from others. They have used the same formula for around 3-4 albums now, and it can get very stale. They are pretty much my all time favourite band, or at least top 3, so i really hope they surprise us with the new album.

This song was ok, nice, but nothing that will be too memorable.
21.06.2013 - 07:14
theembryo
I liked "Higher" off of the previous release, so this bit needed more than one viewing/listen to get me away from any expectation of sword fighting, blood spattering on camera simulations, etc. Sabine's vocals are certainly sounding very good still, IMO, so hopefully the release will have good things. Besides, perhaps to look forward to is the title track, like almost 15 and a half minutes long!

Hits total: 2681 | This month: 4