Metal Storm logo
Yngwie Malmsteen

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 20.05.2006 - 00:18
well, here it is. in the older MS, there was a thread made for yngwie, but it was just talking about how cocky he was.

true, he is cocky, but he is also incredible. sometimes called the 3rd fastest guitarist when it comes to shreding(Angelo Batio and Chris Impellitteri being the first and the second). and with his mixes of viberto and classical elements in his music, it makes an awsome blend.

and according to wikipedia, he might be one of the reasons why metal died out, and grunge came in. apperently people were finding him a lil self-indulged and too technical and un-emotionally driven.(haha, crazy emos).

what i really like about his is the classical touches in his music. his style is sort of similar to mozarts music(and mozart was pretty cocky himself) not that that is a bad thing.

but anyways, what do you guys think of him? love him? hate him? had a brother/sister/friend try playing his stuff and then commit suicide since they failed? yeah...i failed too, but meh.

by the way, does anyone know how the fuck do you pronouns his fucked up name?! yung-wee? engien? i dont get it...
13.04.2009 - 19:17
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Angels of Love is a full Instrumental album, Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrray!
13.04.2009 - 19:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.04.2009 at 19:17

it seems that Ive downloaded a fake fuckin thing! its a collection! shit! lol
13.04.2009 - 19:59
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Guest on 13.04.2009 at 19:33

what do you mean it's a collection shit? All the tracks are supposed to be instrumentals? What have you got?
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
13.04.2009 - 20:07
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 13.04.2009 at 19:59

Written by Guest on 13.04.2009 at 19:33

what do you mean it's a collection shit? All the tracks are supposed to be instrumentals? What have you got?

yes you are right mine is instrumental too but its wrong! I have to download it again!
13.04.2009 - 21:44
RockeRoy
His name is pronounsed yng-ve
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
14.04.2009 - 04:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah people mispronounce his name all the time
14.04.2009 - 11:15
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I know how to pronounce it! cause I saw a live show which someone calls his name at stage lol, Ingve but with a stress on Y (or I)

I got the last album, its really amazing and an instrumental one. wuw, he isd INCREADIBLE at this age. I love Sweedish music yey! he is the beethohen of the age! sure I'll buy it.
15.04.2009 - 10:56
Beowulf
I got some of the older stuff from Rising Force. He's definitly one of the best guitarists today.
15.04.2009 - 11:22
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Beowulf on 15.04.2009 at 10:56

I got some of the older stuff from Rising Force. He's definitly one of the best guitarists today.

he was oe of the best guitarists and is IMO.
15.04.2009 - 11:27
Beowulf
Written by Guest on 15.04.2009 at 11:22

True i guess he was and is the best. I've never heard anybody faster. And doesn't even tap. Tapping is stupid, thats why people think Dragonforce solos are so good when its mostly tapping.
15.04.2009 - 11:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Beowulf on 15.04.2009 at 11:27

True i guess he was and is the best. I've never heard anybody faster. And doesn't even tap. Tapping is stupid, thats why people think Dragonforce solos are so good when its mostly tapping.

maybe Michael Angelo is faster than him but I think he is an absolute Showman, he is not a good songwritter. just wants to show that he is Incredible as a Juggler!
15.04.2009 - 13:07
Beowulf
Written by Guest on 15.04.2009 at 11:33

Written by Beowulf on 15.04.2009 at 11:27

maybe Michael Angelo is faster than him but I think he is an absolute Showman, he is not a good songwritter. just wants to show that he is Incredible as a Juggler!

Ha, yeah thats a good comparison
07.12.2010 - 23:49
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Irritable Ted on 07.12.2010 at 14:58

How many band names is this guy gonna have?

Yngwie J Malmsteen's Rising Force
Yngwie J Malmsteen
Yngwie Johann Malmsteen
Yngwie Malmsteen
Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force

Make up your mind. Or does the different band names signify anything? Record company demands? Yngwie being a dick?

always wondered the same thing...devin townsend seems to like it too... but ive met him: no dick
10.05.2022 - 07:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
YNGWIE MALMSTEEN On Why He Doesn't Hire Singers Anymore: 'They Seem To Think They're ELVIS PRESLEY'

https://blabbermouth.net/news/yngwie-malmsteen-on-why-he-doesnt-hire-singers-anymore-they-seem-to-think-theyre-elvis-presley

Well well, I would say that to him, that he has ego, and thinks he is best of them all, but his music is not a so good , much overated, and then again why not sing by him self? Well I dont like his music n personality
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.05.2022 - 08:58
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 10.05.2022 at 07:27

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN On Why He Doesn't Hire Singers Anymore: 'They Seem To Think They're ELVIS PRESLEY'

https://blabbermouth.net/news/yngwie-malmsteen-on-why-he-doesnt-hire-singers-anymore-they-seem-to-think-theyre-elvis-presley

Well well, I would say that to him, that he has ego, and thinks he is best of them all, but his music is not a so good , much overated, and then again why not sing by him self? Well I dont like his music n personality

Unfortunately he does the singing on recent albums and he's not good I'm afraid.
I still like and listen to every now and then his 80s and 90s albums. He completely went downhill after that.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
10.05.2022 - 09:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 10.05.2022 at 08:58

Unfortunately he does the singing on recent albums and he's not good I'm afraid.
I still like and listen to every now and then his 80s and 90s albums. He completely went downhill after that.

something after Fire n Ice 1992 album I dont like anything, he is not so good indeed. His best days was whit good singers as Soto and Turner
----

apos;'
[image]
10.05.2022 - 09:17
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 10.05.2022 at 09:03

Written by JoHn Doe on 10.05.2022 at 08:58

something after Fire n Ice 1992 album I dont like anything, he is not so good indeed. His best days was whit good singers as Soto and Turner

His 1997 album Facing the Animal is the last one I liked. His covers album from 1996 called Inspiration is surprisingly good, I was thinking he was gonna butcher those, but I was wrong.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
10.05.2022 - 09:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont consider cover album as orignal album, even you can compose 10 bad ones, one cover can lift the band. I did listen last one, it was well......
----

apos;'
[image]
21.05.2022 - 15:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
21.05.2022 - 18:30
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 21.05.2022 at 15:27

Another funny article, I dont get why people still listens his music and attend his events

https://blabbermouth.net/news/yngwie-malmsteen-accuses-sick-jeff-scott-soto-of-making-up-stories-to-stay-relevant-stop-stalking-me-and-get-help

I think Jeff Scott Soto is more relevant than Yngwie these days, he's a respected vocalist, has sung in several bands. Yngwie will soon reach Joey DeMaio levels of arrogance.
----
21.05.2022 - 18:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 21.05.2022 at 18:30

Written by Bad English on 21.05.2022 at 15:27

Another funny article, I dont get why people still listens his music and attend his events

https://blabbermouth.net/news/yngwie-malmsteen-accuses-sick-jeff-scott-soto-of-making-up-stories-to-stay-relevant-stop-stalking-me-and-get-help

I think Jeff Scott Soto is more relevant than Yngwie these days, he's a respected vocalist, has sung in several bands. Yngwie will soon reach Joey DeMaio levels of arrogance.

I agree whit you, Jeff is better , you can trust, Yngve just talks, because seems he can do it better as play music now.
----

apos;'
[image]