Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Bassist's Autobiography Due In October

Megadeth's bassist David Ellefson will publish his autobiography My Life With Deth on October 29th through Howard Books. Ellefson penned the autobiography over the last year with the assistance of writer Joel McIver. The memoir chronicles Ellefson's own personal story covering everything from his initial descent into addiction early on in his career, his recovery, and his return to a Christian faith. He also talks about his studies to become a Lutheran pastor.

Ellefson spoke about his upcoming book: "My autobiography is not the usual tale of rock 'n' roll woe, but rather something I hope will truly inspire people. I have dedicated my life to my craft, and I wanted to share the story of how a kid with a bass guitar and the dream of rock stardom literally risked it all to move from the farm in Minnesota to Los Angeles, and with a lot of hard work, sacrifice and a little luck along the way, made the dream come true."

My Life With Deth features a foreword by Alice Cooper. It also includes contributions from Kerry King ( Slayer), Scott Ian ( Anthrax), Ellefson's current bandmate in Megadeth, Shawn Drover, as well as former colleagues Chris Poland and Marty Friedman.

Megadeth recently released their new album Super Collider.

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 16.06.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 70 users
16.06.2013 - 15:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Are bassists even allowed to speak?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.06.2013 - 16:49
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Doc G. on 16.06.2013 at 15:44

I hope you're joking, because as a bassist myself I'll say that it's one of the most underrated roles in music. If you say that because bassists are typically ignored, let's remember for a second what a good bassist Dave E is. This isn't like Jason Newsted writing an autobiography. Also, one would at least expect this to be a lot better than Dave's, and full of a lot less whining and complaining. From what I've read about him, and heard him say in interviews, Dave E seems to be a lot more modest and level-headed than Mustaine.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.06.2013 - 17:00
Rikke

Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.06.2013 at 16:49

Written by Doc G. on 16.06.2013 at 15:44

I hope you're joking, because as a bassist myself I'll say that it's one of the most underrated roles in music. If you say that because bassists are typically ignored, let's remember for a second what a good bassist Dave E is. This isn't like Jason Newsted writing an autobiography. Also, one would at least expect this to be a lot better than Dave's, and full of a lot less whining and complaining. From what I've read about him, and heard him say in interviews, Dave E seems to be a lot more modest and level-headed than Mustaine.

I agree, btw I would like to read Newsted's autobiography
16.06.2013 - 17:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.06.2013 at 16:49

This isn't like Jason Newsted writing an autobiography.

Newsted is a hell of a bass player, case in point being Doomsday For The Deceiver and the bass lines he wrote for No Place For Disgrace. It's just that within Metallica he never got a chance to show off his skills. FFS the bass parts on the black album were written by frigging Rob Rock. Don't ask me why, but dickweazle did and reckoned himself to be a good bass player.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.06.2013 - 21:36
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Interesting... I think I've read enough 80's rockstar autobio's though - Dirt, Slash, Herione Diaries, Mustaine, Walk this Way.. They all sort of blend together after a while, the christian stuff might be interesting though but then again Mustaine did that too.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
17.06.2013 - 13:27
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Should be an interesting read - looking forward to it.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
18.06.2013 - 04:57
mikeprado30

Speaking of biographies, there exists some by Steve Harris? (I know, maybe a little off-topic but still related )
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 2060 | This month: 5