Metal Storm logo
Serj Tankian, Devin Townsend, Ihsahn - Charity Single Streaming

A couple of months ago, the release of the charity single "We Are" was announced for July 18th (Mandela Day). The single "We Are" features vocals from Serj Tankian and Ihsahn, as well as guitar solos by Devin Townsend. For the ones who are curious to see how these musicians merged for this Revolution Harmony project, now you can. Listen to the song from this dream collaboration right now on the official lyric video below.

British music lecturer and journalist Ray Holroyd arranged the song and is the man behind this project that aims to bring aid in the form of free music lessons and instruments for the children of South Africa. Find out more about it here or on the official website.

Source: revolutionharmony.org
Posted: 20.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 110 users
20.06.2013 - 14:52
UnknownCheese

Terrible song; and the only singer worth listening to is playing a boring guitar solo. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.
20.06.2013 - 15:21
Slyfang

Fantastic song. If I didn't know better, I would have guessed this was written by Arcturus or Borknagar.

Serj even reminds me of Vortex at times

However it is strange to me that this kind of music is used as some sort of charity single. It will alienate way more than it will attract.
20.06.2013 - 15:44
Mad Arab666

Actually sounds pretty good.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
20.06.2013 - 16:26
Cunt_Destructor

What a magnificent trio, guys!!!! It would be perfect if they released some album, for example! All these musicians are legends, each of them! And the song is really good. I agree with the comment above about some similarity of Serj and Vortex!
Thank You for those who have uploaded this song!
20.06.2013 - 17:37
Carrion Misery

Serj can kiss my ass with his goofy, piss poor playschool vocals. This is like eating a filet mignon with ketchup or playing a neck-through 7 string Schecter guitar made out of styrofoam and plastic. Should have had Ihsahn/Devin on vocals w/ Devin/Loomis soloing. I'll admit--I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but oh well--fuck it.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
20.06.2013 - 17:42
seafood

After hearing it I want a full charity album with these guys.
20.06.2013 - 17:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Carrion Misery on 20.06.2013 at 17:37

Serj can kiss my ass with his goofy, piss poor playschool vocals. This is like eating a filet mignon with ketchup or playing a neck-through 7 string Schecter guitar made out of styrofoam and plastic. Should have had Ihsahn/Devin on vocals w/ Devin/Loomis soloing. I'll admit--I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but oh well--fuck it.

Even if you'd have taken away Serj's vocals you would still have been left with a mediocre track. Nothing "filet mignon" about it.
20.06.2013 - 17:54
Carrion Misery

Written by Guest on 20.06.2013 at 17:43

Written by Carrion Misery on 20.06.2013 at 17:37

Even if you'd have taken away Serj's vocals you would still have been left with a mediocre track. Nothing "filet mignon" about it.

lol yeah, I can agree with that. The track has too much potential, and too much potential is not a good thing. I suppose it's more like buying a filet mignon, and finding out when you cut into it that the center was replaced with hot dogs. Which I guess the ketchup in this case would make more sense. Either way, very disappointing.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
20.06.2013 - 19:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Who'd thunk it that three great musicians together can create such a average song?
20.06.2013 - 20:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It gets better toward the middle/end but it still lacks immensely. Oh well, the premise was good but it is what it is.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.06.2013 - 21:21
Unhealer
Eclecticist
It's good, but not memorable. The mix and the drumming need a hand.
21.06.2013 - 19:06
theFIST

Seems like the africans would be better off without the music lessons from someone that arranged this
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:

Hits total: 2863 | This month: 10