03. In & Yo / Dualities Of The Way
04. Oku / The Secrets
05. Hodoku / Compassion
06. Myo / The Miraculous
07. Hara / The Center
08. Ku / Emptiness
09. Shugyo / Austerity

Additional info
Not available on cd; Only as a pay-what-you-wish digital download. The download will be available in almost any format you can imagine, including high-definition.

Staff review by
R'Vannith
Rating:
The contrasts of The Aneasthete are conceived with clarity of sound in Rosetta's first independent release. With the tightening of composition a clearly noticeable divide emerges between the two extremes of a life threatening sludge assault and the deft touch of melody.

Read more ››
published 31.08.2013 | Comments (3)

Found in 14 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 34   Visited by: 288 users
22.06.2013 - 00:04
Rating: 9
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Yesssss. Finally, some info! I think I might give them $1,000...well not really but probably $50
----
rekt
28.07.2013 - 00:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by tea[m]ster on 22.06.2013 at 00:04

Yesssss. Finally, some info! I think I might give them $1,000...well not really but probably $50

Gosh darn, that's a days work for me
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.08.2013 - 19:09
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Same formula, as expected. If it works, why change? Song writing is fantastic. I do love this band, very much. Can't wait to see them live in two weeks!
----
rekt
08.08.2013 - 19:11
Uldreth

Written by tea[m]ster on 08.08.2013 at 19:09

Same formula, as expected. If it works, why change? Song writing is fantastic. I do love this band, very much. Can't wait to see them live in two weeks!

Agreed.

Also this song is soooooooo damn good.

08.08.2013 - 19:26
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Uldreth on 08.08.2013 at 19:11

Agreed.

The sound on this is a bit "heavier" than ADoM, the bass guitar really stands out!. I like it. I am really enjoying this. So glad they didn't disappoint! Oh and the cleans on that song are from the lead singer from City Of Ships.
----
rekt
08.08.2013 - 21:04
Slayerus23
Account deleted
This is huge, as always. *lovely hearts*
08.08.2013 - 21:35
Monolithic
♠♠♠
The drum work is intense, too.
09.08.2013 - 05:22
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Have yet to listen, but that's some baaaad cover art.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.08.2013 - 13:47
Saiyanity

I wasn't sure how I felt about this album up until this track, but it completely one me over. One of the better tracks I've heard all year.
09.08.2013 - 20:29
Uldreth

Written by Saiyanity on 09.08.2013 at 13:47

I wasn't sure how I felt about this album up until this track, but it completely one me over. One of the better tracks I've heard all year.

After listening to the album several times, and also listening to this track many times, I've come to the conclusion it is even better in the album's context. It is preceded by a somber, brooding track and followed by an intense, aggressive track and as such it provides very good contrast.

This is srsly shaping up to be aoty for me, though I haven't listened to that many albums from this year.
09.08.2013 - 22:03
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Uldreth on 09.08.2013 at 20:29

This is srsly shaping up to be aoty for me, though I haven't listened to that many albums from this year.

I've only listened to it once through. Hope I get the same feeling after the multiple listens I will give it! I do like it a lot so far!
----
rekt
09.08.2013 - 22:23
Uldreth

Written by tea[m]ster on 09.08.2013 at 22:03

Written by Uldreth on 09.08.2013 at 20:29

I've only listened to it once through. Hope I get the same feeling after the multiple listens I will give it! I do like it a lot so far!

If anything, it seems like it is a grower. At least for me. At first I was like mmm, it is good, but only that certain song seemed to stand out for me. Now I am totally crazy about this.
11.08.2013 - 01:25
Rating: 6
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Pretty good reheated chop pork in ugly package (jeez, that cover art ).
11.08.2013 - 02:12
Rating: 6
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 11.08.2013 at 01:25

Pretty good reheated chop pork in ugly package (jeez, that cover art ).

You really ought to stop worrying so much about covers or you'll be gray before 30 It's important that the music is not bad.
14.08.2013 - 17:48
Diverge

This is pretty impressive at many points, especially the first half. Before this, I had only heard ADOM and I was only a minor fan.

I'll have to check out their debut.
15.08.2013 - 16:21
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Diverge on 14.08.2013 at 17:48

This is pretty impressive at many points, especially the first half. Before this, I had only heard ADOM and I was only a minor fan.

Ewww. Make sure you listen to their debut with both of the discs synced. Their sophomore release, Wake/Lift is their finest work, one of my favorite albums ever. Oh, and rate this album, it's currently #10 on the 2013 charts right now, sweet!
----
rekt
15.08.2013 - 16:27
Diverge

Written by tea[m]ster on 15.08.2013 at 16:21

Written by Diverge on 14.08.2013 at 17:48

Ewww. Make sure you listen to their debut with both of the discs synced. Their sophomore release, Wake/Lift is their finest work, one of my favorite albums ever. Oh, and rate this album, it's currently #10 on the 2013 charts right now, sweet!

Good to know, my friend. I was really surprised by how much better The Anaesthete is than ADOM.
I'm also glad they are seeing success with this record.
15.08.2013 - 16:31
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Diverge on 15.08.2013 at 16:27

Good to know, my friend. I was really surprised by how much better The Anaesthete is than ADOM.

I'm pretty sure their are synced Galilean Satellites discs floating around the internet still. If you can't find it, PM me and I will help you out
----
rekt
18.08.2013 - 11:35
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Written by tea[m]ster on 15.08.2013 at 16:31

Written by Diverge on 15.08.2013 at 16:27

I'm pretty sure their are synced Galilean Satellites discs floating around the internet still. If you can't find it, PM me and I will help you out

Well, based on my personal encounter with the band, you can probably ask them for a digital copy. they're cool.;)
19.08.2013 - 05:43
Diverge

Upped this to a 9 (I'd consider it a high 8 but I round up). It's very rare for me to give out 9s nowadays (I've become rather picky and critical this year), so take that for what it is worth. For the most part, a fantastic album; not even the two instrumental tracks at the end can impede that accomplishment. Well done.
17.09.2013 - 16:00
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Still waiting for the lyrics to come out.
24.09.2013 - 12:24
Rating: 8
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Something is really weird about their music,it terribly makes me sad every time I hear it again,I mean it makes me feel terribly low,anyway regardless of that feeling,it's a great album.
----
The Fangirl.
26.09.2013 - 13:28
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by angel. on 24.09.2013 at 12:24

Something is really weird about their music,it terribly makes me sad every time I hear it again,I mean it makes me feel terribly low,anyway regardless of that feeling,it's a great album.

Oh geez, I have never felt "sad" when I listen to them. I feel more "overwhelmed" than anything else. Such a great mixture of spacey post rock interludes and heavy as fuck, bone crushing sludge riffage. I hope you will be alright, I worry about you
----
rekt
26.09.2013 - 13:37
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by tea[m]ster on 26.09.2013 at 13:28

Such a great mixture of spacey post rock interludes and heavy as fuck, bone crushing sludge riffage. I hope you will be alright, I worry about you

I strongly agree with being a great mixture and it's truly heavy and all you said above,haha I'm alright,don't worry,I don't know why right at the moment I play their songs,they push me into a dark low feeling,I have no idea where it comes from,anyhow their music is really awesome and not easy to explain it by words imo,it's just great.
----
The Fangirl.
26.09.2013 - 13:41
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by angel. on 26.09.2013 at 13:37

I don't know why right at the moment I play their songs,they push me into a dark low feeling,I have no idea where it comes from,anyhow their music is really awesome and not easy to explain it by words imo,it's just great.

Hey, no one ever needs to justify listening to a certain type of music. If that is how you feel, no one can take it away from you. We listen to Rosetta because they are the finest post metal band on the planet and I am so glad you got into them. Make sure you check out the rest of their releases.
----
rekt
26.09.2013 - 13:57
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by tea[m]ster on 26.09.2013 at 13:41

Hey, no one ever needs to justify listening to a certain type of music. If that is how you feel, no one can take it away from you. We listen to Rosetta because they are the finest post metal band on the planet and I am so glad you got into them. Make sure you check out the rest of their releases.

sorry I didn't get you by "justify listening to a certian type of music ", by what I said previously I wasn't trying to justify or explain why I actually listen to Rosetta I listen to Rosetta for the same reason I listen to metal because I enjoy digging metal and having discoveries among these vast varied types of metal. yeah sure I had it in my mind actually to hear more of them,this album is certainly one of the best ones I heard this year,and I guess soon they will be one of my top favorite bands in the genre.
----
The Fangirl.
26.09.2013 - 14:04
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by angel. on 26.09.2013 at 13:57

sorry I didn't get you by "justify listening to a certian type of music "

What I meant was no one ever has to explain why "band x" makes you feel like "y". I shouldn't have questioned why Rosetta makes you feel the way you do. I was just worried about you is all
----
rekt
26.09.2013 - 14:08
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by tea[m]ster on 26.09.2013 at 14:04

I was just worried about you is all

no worries it seems that I didn't get you very well but it's all ok let's go back listening to Rosetta and cheering by that
----
The Fangirl.
03.01.2014 - 19:35
Diverge

I can understand why this album isn't as well received as Cult of Luna, for example, but for me this is one of 2013's highlights. The frequent shifts from delicacy to explosive ferocity are pulled off remarkably well, and as a whole I find the album to be extremely engaging. Definitely Rosetta's best in a long time.
04.01.2014 - 01:11
Uldreth

Written by Diverge on 03.01.2014 at 19:35

I can understand why this album isn't as well received as Cult of Luna, for example, but for me this is one of 2013's highlights. The frequent shifts from delicacy to explosive ferocity are pulled off remarkably well, and as a whole I find the album to be extremely engaging. Definitely Rosetta's best in a long time.

I am not feeling like touching my ratings but I think if I'd rate now it'd be a 8. Which is still great but I don't feel as strong about this album as I did when I came out. I still listen to Hodoku/Compassion a lot though but I kinda also agree with Frit above that this album is very moody for me too.

Hits total: 9335 | This month: 16