Metal Storm logo
Warbringer - Begin Recording New Album

Los Angeles thrashers Warbringer have entered the studio to begin recording the follow-up to their third album Worlds Torn Asunder. The band will once again be working with producer Steve Evetts (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Sepultura, Symphony X) on this currently untitled new full-length at his studio, The Omen Room, in Garden Grove, California. This upcoming album is tentatively scheduled for an October release via Century Media Records. What are your expectations for the new album?

Set to record for a month's time, Warbringer has already written 11 songs "that explore the band's diversity and musicianship while also remaining true to their signature fast and heavy thrash attack".

Warbringer will also be touring North America with Kreator and Overkill this fall in support of this release, in addition to playing some one-off shows around the world.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Warbringer
Posted: 26.06.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 48 users
26.06.2013 - 15:05
Joppe
Steelemeister
Mantic Ritual is great and if they can bring any of that influence to Warbringer they might become a worthy thrash band.
----
My vision is augmented
26.06.2013 - 18:04
CWA
Written by Joppe on 26.06.2013 at 15:05

Mantic Ritual is great and if they can bring any of that influence to Warbringer they might become a worthy thrash band.

Are you kidding me, Warbringer has proven themselves a worth thrash band since the release of "Combat Shock" and have only improved and matured their sound with each record. They are on top of the thrash revival scene.
26.06.2013 - 18:33
schizodelight
Written by CWA on 26.06.2013 at 18:04

Are you kidding me, Warbringer has proven themselves a worth thrash band since the release of "Combat Shock" and have only improved and matured their sound with each record. They are on top of the thrash revival scene.

Their demo and first album "War Without End" is probably the greatest revival thrash that exists. But their second release "Waking into Nightmares" and then "Worlds Torn Asunder" felt... way too overproduced and generic for most of it. It's still good. But it's not that incredible. I really wish they'd release something with the pure raw fury that War Without End had.
----
Prepare for unforeseen consequences.
26.06.2013 - 23:19
Joppe
Steelemeister

It's true that they've made some progress but I still don't consider any of their albums especially good. "Waking Into Nightmares" does show potential, it has some good songs but in overall it feels like an average album. And as mentioned before by other people as well, Warbringer is quite generic sounding (i.e Warbringer - Demolition Hammer).
----
My vision is augmented
26.06.2013 - 23:29
Mattybu
Good news, looking forward to it.
26.06.2013 - 23:33
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by schizodelight on 26.06.2013 at 18:33

Their demo and first album "War Without End" is probably the greatest revival thrash that exists. But their second release "Waking into Nightmares" and then "Worlds Torn Asunder" felt... way too overproduced and generic for most of it. It's still good. But it's not that incredible. I really wish they'd release something with the pure raw fury that War Without End had.

For me "Waking into Nightmares" is superior album when it comes to compositions and musicianship, but I do agree about the production. I wouldn't consider them as a top thrash revival band because the inconsistent releases and lack of originality.
----
My vision is augmented
27.06.2013 - 03:58
TrollandDie
These guys always please me from a musical perspective.

But for the love of christ, improve on the recording from last time!!
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
27.06.2013 - 07:53
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
PUMPED. Worlds Torn Asunder was great, so I've got moderately high expectations for this.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.06.2013 - 05:34
Butters49
This is most good
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond

Hits total: 2406 | This month: 6