Metal Storm logo
Sirenia - New Video

Sirenia's video for the song 'My Mind's Eye' has been posted online at YouTube.com. The track comes off the Norwegian/Danish group's upcoming CD, "Nine Destinies and a Downfall", due on February 26 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: sirenia.no
Band profile: Sirenia
Posted: 22.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 1 user
22.12.2006 - 17:07
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I like the video and the song too... I wait for the album, I've heard a lot of controversial reactions about it...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
22.12.2006 - 18:35
~Nagash~
Account deleted
Great video, can't wait till the album release.
22.12.2006 - 20:29
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Tge video is great I must say (Morten is such a hottie ), but Monika seemed to have a bit monotone performance... Ah well, as long as there's Morten in the video (if he would only growl in it! argh the ony minus this album has is the SEVERE LACK of Morten's growls)
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
22.12.2006 - 21:20
Martinikuss
what a crap, bleee
22.12.2006 - 22:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
terrible. this isnt metal, its exactly the same as evanescence.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.12.2006 - 22:52
Timmortal
Account deleted
I like it, actually. Having a real drummer really improves the Sirenia sound a lot. The melodies are still unmistakenly Morten's, and though the new vocalist's performance isn't perfect and sometimes misses power, she has a very pleasant voice (if only she wore a different dress in this clip =P ). I won't argue what's metal and what's not; but I have the feeling this sound is what Morten was aiming for all along. The first albums were very good (especially the first one), but sometimes they felth a little like demoes, because the band was still trying to find its own sound. I think they are getting closer to finding it. Not that I don't regret not hearing Morten's growls on this song, but this is only one song. I'm assured he will show up on the album =) .
23.12.2006 - 00:30
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
@Timmortal: unfortunately, he doesn't. There are really few growls, the vocals are concentrated MAINLY with caps on the female singer.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.12.2006 - 06:38
Nasi2
Can't believe my eyes. Can't believe my ears. They have truly sold out. I never thought I would say something like that about Sirenia. The radio edit of "My Mind's Eye" is just another boring, unexciting, tasteless and truly uninspiring single. They just want to sell more CDs, they have deleted every single gothic element of their music just to be more commercial. I am very, very disappointed. The change of style was not just a search for new sounds: it was a commercial operation to enter the charts around the world. That wouldn't be so bad if the music was at least catchy, but it isn't. Money, what a bad muse.
23.12.2006 - 09:31
SeekTheDarkNess
Account deleted
cute but not that cute...
23.12.2006 - 11:03
Lupas
Maximus
But this is not Sirenia. This is a pop band. Where are the unquie style of gothic music that once have Sirenia. I hope that the album is not like this song .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.12.2006 - 17:30
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
could have been a really really great song if there were a different vocalist...

from the song-writing aspect i think this song is great, but the vocalist just isnt nearly good enough for this song
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
24.12.2006 - 00:01
Daru Jericho
Yeah, vocalist kills it slightly. No emotion and somewhat poppy. I think this song could have been far better. Onyl enjoyable thing was the keys.

As for the video, unoriginaly concept but I still liked it.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

24.12.2006 - 00:17
GT
Coffee!!
staff
A little poppy I think. Not what I expected from them
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.12.2006 - 04:13
Gothic Crow
In my opinion, they could do much better!!! Otherwise, for me the music stars only at 1min. 53secs.! Till there is a little poor, without soul and very comercial. A new vocalist is not bad, but i will wait to the upcoming album to make a better valuation. I think is a little poppy (sorry if i'm wrong!). Come on people, you can do much better!!! This is weak to a single track!... Best regards from Portugal, Gothic Crow
27.12.2006 - 17:28
annodomini
Written by Nasi2 on 23.12.2006 at 06:38

Can't believe my eyes. Can't believe my ears. They have truly sold out. I never thought I would say something like that about Sirenia. The radio edit of "My Mind's Eye" is just another boring, unexciting, tasteless and truly uninspiring single. They just want to sell more CDs, they have deleted every single gothic element of their music just to be more commercial. I am very, very disappointed. The change of style was not just a search for new sounds: it was a commercial operation to enter the charts around the world. That wouldn't be so bad if the music was at least catchy, but it isn't. Money, what a bad muse.

absolutely agree with you...i never thought that this might happened with sirenia... I thought this new album will be one of my favorites but now i have even deleted it
----
the riddle wants to be...
27.12.2006 - 20:49
Rathma
Account deleted
Tristania > Sirenia

This was the shittiest song i've ever heard.
28.12.2006 - 17:08
Loreley
Account deleted
hmm.a video is not so very good...cause i cannot very much to see a Morten...i dont like,how sing Monika Pedercen,but musik and the text is always cool!

Hits total: 2221 | This month: 3