Metal Storm logo
Motörhead - Cancel More European Dates Over Lemmy's Health

While their last update promised that Motörhead would be back for the summer shows, it turns out that European fans will have to wait a bit more to see the band live again. The British group has cancelled the remaining shows of their European tour as a result of mainman Lemmy's health issues. The doctors ordered him to rest. The Belgian festival Lokerse Feesten has released a statement from the band.

Official statement: "Regretfully, Motörhead announces it has had to cancel its remaining six summer festival appearances. The band hate to let their fans down by missing any shows, but they expect to be back in full force this Fall. As you may have heard, earlier this Spring Lemmy had some medical maintenance for the long-term good. He was, at that time, advised to rest, but once feeling better, he of course resumed his life as usual. He has since been advised that he should immediately take some more time to rest."

Lemmy says: "I'd like to thank everyone who wish me well, it was a toughdecision for me as I don't like to disappoint the fans especially in times where economy is bad and people spent their money to see us. But sometimes you can't do anything else than following doctor's orders, but be sure we will be back and kick everybody's ass."

"There you have it! You can now stop worrying, redirect those cards, flowers and chocolates to a loved one (who will appreciate them far more), keep calm and carry on! Lemmy and Motörhead certainly are! Thanks and see you in the Fall for their new album in the form of a massive Aftershock..."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Motörhead
Posted: 02.07.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 70 users
03.07.2013 - 02:06
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Too bad to know Lemmy's health is fragile right now, hope he will recover soon.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.07.2013 - 06:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I hope he follows his doctor's and actually relaxes. Lemmy's been relentless for years.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.07.2013 - 13:00
Big-Al

Hope he recovers alright.
----

I drink moosepiss
03.07.2013 - 14:34
Mephistopholes1
Shawb
I don't want to take this as a sign of the end for Motorhead touring and stuff...I hope he gets well soon. After all, it's fuckin' Lemmy!
04.07.2013 - 09:23
sbgmetal

Can u blame the guy he is either touring or making a new album and the usual shit lemmy does

Hits total: 2221 | This month: 5