Metal Storm logo
Witherscape - Another New Song Streaming Online

Witherscape, the new progressive metal outfit formed by Swedish singer, multi-instrumentalist and producer Dan Swanö together with fellow Swedish multi-instrumentalist Ragnar Widerberg, has unveiled another new song off their debut concept album The Inheritance. You can now listen to "Dead For A Day" which is available through the lyric video below.

Expect the album to drop on July 29th in Europe and August 6th in North America via Century Media Records. Check out the first single "Astrid Falls" here and more album details over here.

Dan Swanö commented: "'Dead For A Day' is one of those songs that just wrote itself. I was strumming on the acoustic guitar one morning and it just poured out of my fingers. At first I had no idea what to do with the song since I felt it was perhaps a bit too commercial for Witherscape, but after I played the demo to Ragnar he insisted that it must be on the album! I love how the song moves between the mellow verses à la Crimson I & II to the more brutal, yet melodic chorus, in the tradition of 'Uncreation' and 'Twilight' through the groovy but 'undanceable' 9/8 section that leads to one of Ragnar's best guitar leads of the album."

Tracklist:

01. Mother Of The Soul
02. Astrid Falls
03. Dead For A Day
04. Dying For The Sun
05. To The Calling Of Blood And Dreams
06. The Math Of The Myth
07. Crawling From Validity
08. The Wedlock Observation
09. The Inheritance

Source: centurymedia.com
Posted: 04.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 42 users
04.07.2013 - 17:34
CWA

The cover reminds me a bit of King Diamond's "Them". As for the song I found it very insipid and too commercial sounding for me, agreeing with Dan's initial instincts.
04.07.2013 - 18:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I think I'm gonna like this album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2167 | This month: 5