Ruslan "Kniaz" - bass

Additional musicians:
Thomas Väänänen - vocals
Olli Vänskä - violin
Aleksey "Mister Alafern" - violin
Vika "Vkgoeswild" Yermolyeva - piano
Radimir - voice

Additional info
Produced by Sergey "Lazar" Lazarev and Masha "Scream" Arhipova.

It took me a few listens to let this album fully sink in, but Arkona wisely drops their light-hearted, catchy hooks to bring us an album with a much better flow and sense of focus. That doesn't mean they aren't as dynamic, progressive-minded and aggressive as ever though. These Russian folk metal giants are still on top of their game.

Fat & Sassy!'s picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: R'Vannith, D.T. Metal

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 34   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 577 users
07.07.2013 - 22:36
Fredd
Account deleted
Want
20.07.2013 - 18:59
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Awesome! Hopefully they can pull off a decent album, folk metal is in desperate times right now and I need my fix.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
23.04.2014 - 04:10
Rating: 9
Rulatore
This sounds a bit different, and I'm liking it a lot.

Oh my, it's awesome
25.04.2014 - 08:45
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Wow, some little bitch gave this a 1 already
26.04.2014 - 15:53
Rating: 4
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by Guest on 25.04.2014 at 08:45

Wow, some little bitch gave this a 1 already

I haven't listened to this album yet, but I realized recently that giving an album "1" on metalstrom is fair enough, most albums with high ratings here are overrated!

That album has 8.9 rating with the "1", imagine if the staff removed his "1" that means the album's rating will exceed 9. I don't think any of Arkona's albums will EVER deserve more than 9
26.04.2014 - 19:00
Rating: 7
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Listened to this one just yesterday, and it was enjoyable but not brilliant one to blow me away, almost the same thing I always predict for Arkona.
----
The Fangirl.
27.04.2014 - 03:09
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by BloodJuNkie on 26.04.2014 at 15:53

I haven't listened to this album yet, but I realized recently that giving an album "1" on metalstrom is fair enough, most albums with high ratings here are overrated!

That album has 8.9 rating with the "1", imagine if the staff removed his "1" that means the album's rating will exceed 9. I don't think any of Arkona's albums will EVER deserve more than 9

That's like, the very definition of vote abuse which isn't allowed on this site.
27.04.2014 - 19:53
Rating: 4
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Gave it a listen. I liked "Zarozhdenie".
29.04.2014 - 00:02
Rating: 8
boo-boo
I like the new approach and the direction their music has taken. The album definitey feels more mature and also experimental at times.
But I miss some straightforward hit song.
----
World won't end today - it's already tomorrow in Australia.
14.05.2014 - 20:41
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I feel like this album came and went without a splash... Didn't even realize it was out yet!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
17.05.2014 - 13:26
Pelcu
They lost their brutality and power... now it's almost ordinary folk songs singing. 1 or 2 tracks are great and the rest is somehow boring...
----
Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
28.05.2014 - 11:15
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Is track 8 Yav' or Jav'?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
28.05.2014 - 17:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by M C Vice on 28.05.2014 at 11:15
Is track 8 Yav' or Jav'?

Yav' (Source).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.07.2014 - 08:12
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
I think it's the most progressive Arkona album so far. Masha didn't lie when she said that their sound is evolving. I definitely need some more listens, but I already can say that I love the maturity of this album.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
27.07.2014 - 08:14
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Written by M C Vice on 28.05.2014 at 11:15

Is track 8 Yav' or Jav'?

It can be both depending on what kind of transcription you use. Here is more info on that.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
15.08.2014 - 14:18
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Guest on 27.04.2014 at 03:09

Written by BloodJuNkie on 26.04.2014 at 15:53

That's like, the very definition of vote abuse which isn't allowed on this site.

Giving an album a 10 just to make it as high as possible on the chart is also vote abuse, so the false 10 and 1 will eventually neutralize each other. Will check this album out
16.08.2014 - 18:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 18:50
Mind your words !!! i hope you respect my opinion as I should respect yours !!!

What do you find so bad about this album that you think it deserves a 1?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.08.2014 - 19:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 18:58
It is just my opinion and I didnt like it !! I dont see what is the problem !!!!

I never said there was a problem, I was just asking if you'd care to explain why you rated it so poorly. Like were the vocals that bad? The production? Was it too repetitive or unoriginal?
----
16.08.2014 - 19:37
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 19:04

I simply liked their older more 'melodic' stuff. Sometimes change is good but NOT always in my view...

So basically it has absolutely no musical value whatsoever and that you would rather self preform a lobotomy than listen to this again?

Those are what 1s mean
16.08.2014 - 20:02
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 19:45

Why on earth r u concerned with my fuckin voting !!! I feel I am being interrogated !!! Isnt there any freedom of speech here !!! Have some respect !!!

Because vote abuse is against the site's rules
16.08.2014 - 20:19
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 20:10

Who said so ?? Show me this... And how do you define if it is abuse or not !!! Are you some god who decides who abuses or who sins or what !!!! this is my opinion and if you dont like ignore it !!! I used my right as a member of this site to vote whatever I want !!!

Quote:
When voting for an album, remember your vote must be fair and not influenced by what other voters have done before you. Please give realistic ratings and remember a 10 means the album is a masterpiece, an album that changed the way we listen to music nowadays.
Source

If you truly believe that this album is one of the worst pieces of shit made by human hands, then more power to you. The problem is that people vote with the sole purpose of knocking an album down a notch. We don't want the site to be filled with people such as this.
16.08.2014 - 20:21
Rating: 3
Shaytaan666
Now look if it is abuse why is there this option !!!
If I violated this rule terminate my account otherwise leave me alone and shut the fuck up !!!

Written by Guest on 16.08.2014 at 20:19

16.08.2014 - 20:39
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 20:21

Now look if it is abuse why is there this option !!!

That's like saying if murder is a crime, then why can we buy guns?

Quote:
If I violated this rule terminate my account otherwise leave me alone and shut the fuck up !!!

I'm not staff, sorry honey

Though if I may, you're the one who came here screaming about all of your butthurt so its YOU who has to leave ME alone. Hell, I totally forgot I made that post until you brought it up.

And you still haven't justified your 1 other than its not as good as a 10. Which is also an argument for a 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9. How about that.
16.08.2014 - 22:52
Shaytaan666
Look man !! You began all this by calling me names and being disrespectful to my choices because I rated the album the way I want which is ABSOLUTELY MY RIGHT!!! Did you forget that
Anyways I am gonna change my rating and end this useless argument... Are you happy now?

Written by Guest on 16.08.2014 at 20:39

Quote:
17.08.2014 - 08:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 22:52
Look man !! You began all this by calling me names and being disrespectful to my choices because I rated the album the way I want which is ABSOLUTELY MY RIGHT!!! Did you forget that
Anyways I am gonna change my rating and end this useless argument... Are you happy now?

I'm not sure where all this name-calling and disrespect is but I will say that you're being unnecessarily defensive about this. Some of us were just curious as to why you felt it deserved such a low rating, and you weren't able to provide a satisfactory reason to those asking.

Maybe you should take a deep breath and relax before replying to users.
----
17.08.2014 - 12:22
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Wow "freedom forever", just.. wow.. I hope you're not acting like you're doing here in real life.. Why on earth do you think people are thinking you're voting is way off? Because you gave every other Arkona album a 10.. Also with Behemoth, you gave everything a pretty good score except for The Satanist which got a 1..

And for the next time, when people are asking you something, please answer in a gentle way.
17.08.2014 - 16:31
Shaytaan666
Look what Fearmeister said from the very beginning and tell what do you think of it if it is disrespectful or not:

Written by Fearmeister on 25.04.2014 at 08:45
"Wow, some little bitch gave this a 1 already "

It was THIS statement that made me upset and angry... Now tell me would you be happy if I call you bitch or asshole Troy killjoy because of your voting or opinion

Concerning my rating, I just explained to you simply that I liked their older melodic stuff and I did not like the new change that they brought to the band... It seemed for me the worst kind of change ever... Other bands are successful in change like Moonsorrow but not this time for Arkona... That is my opinion... I cant explain anymore because I am not an expert in reviewing albums but I hope it is satisfactory enough and please let's end this argument here

Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.08.2014 at 08:04

Written by Shaytaan666 on 16.08.2014 at 22:52

I'm not sure where all this name-calling and disrespect is but I will say that you're being unnecessarily defensive about this. Some of us were just curious as to why you felt it deserved such a low rating, and you weren't able to provide a satisfactory reason to those asking.

Maybe you should take a deep breath and relax before replying to users.
17.08.2014 - 16:43
Shaytaan666
When I call you a bitch just like what other user called me because of my voting then tell me how would you react!!!
By the way, I have never looked at other members' profiles and been concerned about their voting whatever they want but why on earth are you concerned!!! Isnt there any respect for privacy here

Can we please agree to stop this? I changed my rating so that people wont be upset again with my voting but I am just wondering if it is forbidden to rate for an album with 1 or not? If it is so please tell Metal Storm to take out this option and that is fine for me

Written by Fallen Ghost on 17.08.2014 at 12:22

Wow "freedom forever", just.. wow.. I hope you're not acting like you're doing here in real life.. Why on earth do you think people are thinking you're voting is way off? Because you gave every other Arkona album a 10.. Also with Behemoth, you gave everything a pretty good score except for The Satanist which got a 1..

And for the next time, when people are asking you something, please answer in a gentle way.
17.08.2014 - 18:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Shaytaan666 on 17.08.2014 at 16:43

Can we please agree to stop this? I changed my rating so that people wont be upset again with my voting but I am just wondering if it is forbidden to rate for an album with 1 or not? If it is so please tell Metal Storm to take out this option and that is fine for me

It's not forbidden to vote 10 or 1 if you really think the album is worth it. Just keep in mind that the first means that the album is perfectly flawlessly awesome and you wouldn't change a single bit on it while the second means that the album is pure crap, production, songwriting and everything sucks so much that nothing can be saved and you would prefer rebecca black over it. When you state that a quite regular album is worth an 1, people tend to take it in a suspicious way... But if it's your opinion it's ok.

What is forbidden and is called "vote abusing" is rating an album a 1 just because you want to see it decreasing its place on the rank list, or voting it a 10 just to see it rising, basically when you don't vote based on your opinion...

Anyway, if after all this discussion you still have your votes on your profile it means they didn't got deleted by the staff which means that there's no problem with your way of voting so far.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.08.2014 - 19:05
Shaytaan666
Cheers mate
Indeed I didnt abuse my right on this website I only voted like this a couple of times because I am really strong about my opinion that these two albums are "worst ever" as the rating description says
And as you just said since my votings are still there it means I didnt violate any rule and I hope I will not rate any album by any band like this
I hope you would be able to identify though that the REAL abuse that happened here was the language abuse by some member against me JUST because of my voting and opinion!

Written by Karlabos on 17.08.2014 at 18:24

Written by Shaytaan666 on 17.08.2014 at 16:43

It's not forbidden to vote 10 or 1 if you really think the album is worth it. Just keep in mind that the first means that the album is perfectly flawlessly awesome and you wouldn't change a single bit on it while the second means that the album is pure crap, production, songwriting and everything sucks so much that nothing can be saved and you would prefer rebecca black over it. When you state that a quite regular album is worth an 1, people tend to take it in a suspicious way... But if it's your opinion it's ok.

What is forbidden and is called "vote abusing" is rating an album a 1 just because you want to see it decreasing its place on the rank list, or voting it a 10 just to see it rising, basically when you don't vote based on your opinion...

Anyway, if after all this discussion you still have your votes on your profile it means they didn't got deleted by the staff which means that there's no problem with your way of voting so far.

Hits total: 15407 | This month: 41