Metal Storm logo
Barren Earth - Part Ways With Vocalist

Finland's progressive melodic death metal outfit Barren Earth has parted ways with their vocalist Mikko Kotamäki due to conflicting schedules. As stated by the band, it was done by mutual agreement with "absolutely no drama involved" and the band will continue to work on new material while looking for someone to fill in his shoes.

The band released a statement on their official Facebook page: "Dear friends. We regret to announce the departure of Mikko Kotamäki from Barren Earth. Due to conflicting schedules, Mikko cannot contribute to Barren Earth's activities any longer. The decision was made by mutual agreement with absolutely no drama involved. We will keep working on new material, and will launch search for a new vocalist shortly. Barren Earth wants to thank Mikko for his crucial input for Barren Earth's works and wishes him all the best in the future."

Mikko was a member of Barren Earth since 2007 and he's better known as the lead vocalist for Swallow The Sun.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Barren Earth
Posted: 08.07.2013 by Behradeth

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 97 users
08.07.2013 - 18:08
OpenMind

Hope they find a a nice replacement
08.07.2013 - 19:37
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Aww, I love Mikko's vocals! Well, I hope they find someone to properly fill in his shoes.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
08.07.2013 - 20:29
bif91

Bound to happen I guess? very common story when someone is involved in two quite busy bands.
----
"It's the team that matters. Where would The Beatles be without Ringo? If John got Yoko to play drums the history of music would be completely different"
- David Brent
09.07.2013 - 01:20
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Swallow the Sun is so much better anyway.

Hits total: 2299 | This month: 3