Metal Storm logo
Carcass - Release New Album Teaser, Album Cover (Update)

UPDATE on 10.07.2013: Carcass are on a roll this week! After teasing us with new tunes, the grindcore/melodic death metal legends have finally revealed the cover that will grace Surgical Steel. You might have seen some of it on the teaser released yesterday. Ian Tilton created the cover and you can check it out below.

Frontman Jeff Walker stated: "We went back to working with Ian Tilton, who is an iconic English photographer famous for working with The Stone Roses. He actually did the front cover for Necroticism... as well. We've deliberately tried to evoke the feeling of that album and Heartwork."

Original news, published on 09.07.2013: After surprising their fans by announcing a new album and signing with Nuclear Blast Records, British extreme metal legends Carcass have released an official trailer previewing music from their upcoming sixth full-length release Surgical Steel. The eagerly-anticipated album will be released on September 16th (UK), September 13th (rest of Europe) and September 17th (North America). Check out the teaser below and salivate for more.

We still don't know much more about the new album other than the song titles but the new song "Captive Bolt Pistol" has been circulating in the interwebs recently despite Nuclear Blast's best efforts to erase it.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Carcass
Posted: 10.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 269 users
09.07.2013 - 21:26
psykometal
A staff guy...
Sounds very promising. Looking forward to the album.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

09.07.2013 - 23:13
Hellcult

Wake up!, can u smell it ?, it is the Carcass
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
10.07.2013 - 00:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Hellcult on 09.07.2013 at 23:13

Wake up!, can u smell it ?, it is the Carcass

I can indeedy! "Snorting the stench of latent effluvium, and maturing damp fumes... This foul ménage forces tears to your eyes, as the corpse's gas are exhumed.... Intoxicated by foul body odours, and the nauseating tepid whiff, pinching your nostrils as you irrigate flatus, from the emaciated stiff..."
10.07.2013 - 04:02
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Man this is gonna be one righteous album, can't wait. Same day Grand Theft Auto V comes out too. That will be a good day.
10.07.2013 - 06:10
Andresopeth

It looks very promising, Carcass is one of the bands that i admire their entire carrer, hope his decision of coming back will be as good as all of their material.
10.07.2013 - 06:49
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 10.07.2013 at 04:02

Man this is gonna be one righteous album, can't wait. Same day Grand Theft Auto V comes out too. That will be a good day.

Wooooooow. Did not even notice that. Lol. Looks like we know what we're going to be all day on September 17th (playing GTA:V and blasting new Carcass).
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.07.2013 - 12:49
FreddeSwede

Http://www.stereogum.com/1395971/carcass-captive-bolt-pistol/mp3s/

The leaked song. It's the old Carcass for sure.
10.07.2013 - 19:34
garmling
Account deleted
New Carcass after 17 years...man, so so excited!!! And this new song is just nailing it. They are back in good shape! Marvelous!!!
10.07.2013 - 23:10
@gent_-_orange

Carcass seem to be continuing there tradition of terrible cover artwork with this one. The track sounds pretty good though.
10.07.2013 - 23:58
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by @gent_-_orange on 10.07.2013 at 23:10

Carcass seem to be continuing there tradition of terrible cover artwork with this one. The track sounds pretty good though.

I don't know. I like that cover. Especially in comparison to the recent onslaught of bad ones. Dream Theater, for example.
11.07.2013 - 00:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

clearly a nod to the artwork of their Tools Of The Trade e.p.

btw terrible artwork? Heartwork was an awesome piece done by HR Giger, Symphonies Of Sickness was great in all its gore, same with reek Of Putrefaction(and also the censored art was good) Swansong was the only crappy one.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.07.2013 - 00:20
Olli

Oh wow this sounds awesome! Genuinely suprised
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
11.07.2013 - 00:55
@gent_-_orange

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.07.2013 at 00:10

clearly a nod to the artwork of their Tools Of The Trade e.p.

btw terrible artwork? Heartwork was an awesome piece done by HR Giger, Symphonies Of Sickness was great in all its gore, same with reek Of Putrefaction(and also the censored art was good) Swansong was the only crappy one.

I like a lot of giger's stuff but I could never stand Heartwork, but I should have been more specific I was referring to the original artwork for all the albums, The censored ones were actually improvements if you ask me. Symphonies and Reeks originals look horrible IMO but I guess it did suit the gory themes of carcass' music at least.
11.07.2013 - 21:26
TrialByFire

Hey, wasn't this design on the Tools of the Trade EP? Nonetheless, CARCASSSSS!
12.07.2013 - 18:31
bblitz

Carcas is one hell of the band.New album teaser sounds good,their music cuts flesh
and they have originality beyond comprehension.Cover is awesome!!!
Everything is perfect except one thing-no Michael Amott

Hits total: 4932 | This month: 4