Metal Storm logo
Korn - Share New Album Title And Release Date

Korn have set The Paradigm Shift as the title of their upcoming 11th studio album and successor to The Path Of Totality. We now also know that it will be released on October 1st. The album was produced by Don Gilmore (Pearl Jam, Linkin Park) and more importantly finds guitarist Brian "Head" Welch returning to the fold after an eight-year absence.

Welch told Rolling Stone about the album: "I'm a metalhead. I love rock music, and I came here just wanting to do the old Korn vibe, but with a new twist. Me and Munky [James Shaffer] haven't been playing guitar together for eight years, so we came in just wanting to jam out with the bass player Fieldy [Reginald Arvizu] and Ray [Luzier], our drummer... The end product is a really good mix of old Korn mixed with some new elements. It's got a fresh new Korn 2013 sound. And the melodies, the lyrics and the choruses on these songs are at a new level. It's my favorite album by Korn."

Frontman Jonathan Davis stated: "Originally, him and Munky, what was interesting about the band and what we did was that twin guitar thing. So I think it brought unity back between those two. To have our brother back was really good for morale. It was just fun being in the studio with his goofy ass again."

About the writing of the album, Davis says: "Writing the record was really weird. They started writing, I think, in August, and I didn't get into the studio until March, because I was going through all kinds of crazy shit. My boy got diabetes and I had come off medication for my depression, and that fucked me up. I was in a straight haze. I detoxed off that medication - it was an anti-depressant, the anxiety and stuff. I'd been on it for three years and the doctor told me you gotta get off this, it's bad for you."

So, you can expect a mix of old Korn with new elements.

Source: korn.com
Band profile: Korn
Posted: 10.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 142 users
10.07.2013 - 13:20
R Lewis

* So, you can expect another shitty album.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
10.07.2013 - 13:25
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by R Lewis on 10.07.2013 at 13:20

* So, you can expect another shitty album.

Well said. I wonder that will new album have elements of shitstep or not.
10.07.2013 - 13:26
R Lewis

Written by Guest on 10.07.2013 at 13:25

I wonder that will new album have elements of shitstep or not.

Dubstep sells these days, so yes, I'm afraid there will be.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
10.07.2013 - 16:05
Unhealer
Eclecticist
They said it will be a heavy guitar-driven album, don't think there will be any dubstep on it since Skrillex is not producing it. Probably nothing outstanding but I'll check it out for "academic purposes".
10.07.2013 - 17:18
Sunioj

All the good albums that Korn have done and will ever do, has already been done (I love some of their stuff). I can understand if they still want to tour, but c'mon... The Paradigm Shift? Whatever happened to Follow the Leader, The Untouchables, Issues... now we got The Paradigm Shift? What the shit? Korn's lyric's was always about teen angst and molestation. Paradigm Shifters, they are not.

Someone needs to drag the dead horse away from these guys, because its starting to reek.
10.07.2013 - 18:53
cossaisVendeurs

Paradigm Shift? Someone's been playing Final Fantasy 13.

I stopped listening to Korn when Head left and they went to shit. But now that he's back, I'll give this album a listen.
10.07.2013 - 19:30
garmling
Account deleted
I like some of the older Korn stuffs though I'm not generally in this kind of music, but find them original and some songs (No One's There, Somebody Someone, Here to Stay etc) are just very good. And I agree they lost their edge after guitarist Head left the band, since he was obviously main ingredient in old Korn's music, but now he's back so this might turn out into something interesting....well, this little sample is promising at least... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMITki18P1A
10.07.2013 - 20:07
Opethian

High hopes, i still love these guys, but after that low blow Dubstep album ... This album better kick ass! BRING IT!!!!
10.07.2013 - 20:25
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 10.07.2013 at 18:53

Paradigm Shift? Someone's been playing Final Fantasy 13.

Currently playing 13-2 and it's inevitable to think that.
10.07.2013 - 21:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Actually the title makes me think of Liquid Tension Experiment.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.07.2013 - 07:34
dougver1

Oh man! I hope they do more dubstep! WUB WUB WUB
11.07.2013 - 17:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I got the feeling that this record is just like of what they're doing it for a while. One song gonna catch the shit, rest as it been aforementioned will be dubfucked record.

As for Welch, he whines about a lot of crap. he's a metalhead, rock music and favorite Korn record is just a shining shit in the jewelry store.
12.07.2013 - 06:00
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I'm really curious as to what this will sound like. I used to be a fan of first few albums of Korn when I was a young teenager. Seeing as how I can't really enjoy those albums now, though, I probably won't enjoy this one either. It'll still be interesting to hear if they really sound like they used to, though.
----
14.07.2013 - 09:55
Zadion

Good to see I'm not the only one who was thinking of FFXIII/XIII-2...

Hits total: 2797 | This month: 6