Metal Storm logo
Avenged Sevenfold - New Single Online

"Hail To The King", the title track for the upcoming Avenged Sevenfold album has made its online premiered today and is now available below. The album will be out on 27th August but you can finally hear a full song from the follow-up to Nightmare. Tell us how you like the song.

You can find out more about the new album here.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Avenged Sevenfold
Posted: 15.07.2013 by BynersA7X

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   Visited by: 150 users
15.07.2013 - 19:02
Doge of Venice

Decent song. Has a cool hard rock vibe, which I like. Pretty accessible though, but I'm going to assume this will be one of the more accessible on the album due to it being their single. The previews on their website have some intriguing stuff, that's a little different from this.
15.07.2013 - 19:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
It's nothing great, but it's listenable at least, and the singer's voice which I normally hate actually sounds okay on this song... It'll take better than that to convert me into a fan, but it's not half bad for a band I usually find hard on the ears. And not in a good way! xD
15.07.2013 - 19:39
Rupert

Kind of reminds me of Taranchula.
15.07.2013 - 20:48
Kwis

Is he tapping through the entire song?
15.07.2013 - 21:53
cossaisVendeurs

Written by Rupert on 15.07.2013 at 19:39

Kind of reminds me of Taranchula.

That actually makes me want to check it out, even though I think AS (I refuse to call them A7X. even though I just did) are gash.
15.07.2013 - 22:19
Rupert

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 15.07.2013 at 21:53

That actually makes me want to check it out, even though I think AS (I refuse to call them A7X. even though I just did) are gash.

Ya I don't think it's enough like Taranchula to really make it any better than you might expect.
15.07.2013 - 22:43
silenius

I can´t say it was that bad( even thou i loath this band) had a nice feel to it.
15.07.2013 - 23:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by silenius on 15.07.2013 at 22:43

I can´t say it was that bad( even thou i loath this band) had a nice feel to it.

Yep... I suspect if most of their haters were played this song without being told who it was, they'd like it, or at least they wouldn't hate it. It's not a great song, but it's also far from terrible. This band have put out far worse material in their time, that's for sure. The main thing that makes it palatable for me is the vocals. I've always disliked the singer's vocals, but he sounds very different on this song, and that makes it tolerable....
16.07.2013 - 00:46
Kuroboshi

I'm rather surprised at the relative show of love for this song on this website, 'cause that was a thoroughly boring song.
16.07.2013 - 02:26
Megadeth88

I don't know the name of the new drummer, but I'll say he's nothing like Portnoy. That's the only reason I gave Nightmare a chance was because of Portnoy, now he's gone and I have no interest in this band, yet again...
16.07.2013 - 03:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Kuroboshi on 16.07.2013 at 00:46

I'm rather surprised at the relative show of love for this song on this website, 'cause that was a thoroughly boring song.

I think "show of love" is a bit overexaggerated, don't you? :\ I think apart from maybe the first poster, nobody said they really liked the song, just that it was tolerable, and not half bad. Although I guess around here, any reaction to material by this band other than a total slaughtering is seen as "loving it".
16.07.2013 - 03:13
Methuselah

I think part of the whole general "Meh, it's not bad" is because it's different. It's definitely tolerable unlike the rest of their stuff (to me). I was surprised and intrigued by the sound though, glad to hear none of the vocalists whiney "AYEYIEEEYIEEE" Kinda sounding. I'd actually say it's decent hard rock.
16.07.2013 - 03:17
Italics

I could never get past this guy's voice
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
16.07.2013 - 03:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Methuselah on 16.07.2013 at 03:13

I think part of the whole general "Meh, it's not bad" is because it's different. It's definitely tolerable unlike the rest of their stuff (to me). I was surprised and intrigued by the sound though, glad to hear none of the vocalists whiney "AYEYIEEEYIEEE" Kinda sounding. I'd actually say it's decent hard rock.

Precisely! The song doesn't sound like Avenged Sevenfold's regular material (at least none of the material by them I've actually heard). The things that have put me off everything else I've heard by them, are not present on this song, which is why I can happily listen to it without feeling a strong urge to stop the song before it's even half finished. It's not a great song, far from it. But it's also far from being terrible. Like you said, it's decent hard rock. I certainly wouldn't buy it, but it's tolerable.
16.07.2013 - 03:55
FOOCK Nam

Awesome songs, I can feel some what 90s Metallica influence music and vocal, though mostly still more of heavy metal and hard rock, even some power metal and iron maiden. Not excellent but still enjoyable and unique the band this time material.
16.07.2013 - 04:41
Doge of Venice

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2013 at 03:04

Written by Kuroboshi on 16.07.2013 at 00:46

I think "show of love" is a bit overexaggerated, don't you? :\ I think apart from maybe the first poster, nobody said they really liked the song, just that it was tolerable, and not half bad. Although I guess around here, any reaction to material by this band other than a total slaughtering is seen as "loving it".

I thought it was decent, nothing particularly good. I only liked the hard rock vibe they were going for.

I'm still a fan, though it's probably just nostalgia i don't want to get rid of. Nightmare was thoroughly boring, to me, and I doubt they'll ever get more creative than CoE, so I approach all their new material with caution.
16.07.2013 - 05:21
Zadion

I love A7X, but I'm not that impressed. Neither this nor their silly CoD songs are that great. I'm concerned they've kind of lost it without The Rev, TBH. I dunno. I'm not expecting them to reach the epic highs of Waking the Fallen or City of Evil again, but eh. Syn's guitar work is the glowing highlight, as always, though.
16.07.2013 - 06:06
hadriel

Incredibly generic and boring....Although, not surprised, since Waking and City of Evil this band has done nothing interesting.
16.07.2013 - 11:29
henrihell93

Written by Angelic Storm on 15.07.2013 at 23:00

This band have put out far worse material in their time, that's for sure.

Just.. No. This is by far the worst a7x song I've ever heard. I kinda like their stuff but this is just horrible in comparison. Somehow it all sounds quite boring and the drums suck even the last drop of goodness out of it.
16.07.2013 - 11:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I really liked the intro, for a few seconds there I almost thought they finally put out something listenable...then it fizzled into this flat attempt at some pseudo-anthem. Can't say I'm surprised.

...I gotta admit though, I'm quite fond of that album artwork.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.07.2013 - 12:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Doc G. on 16.07.2013 at 11:43

...I gotta admit though, I'm quite fond of that album artwork.

----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 13:03
Kuroboshi

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2013 at 03:04

Although I guess around here, any reaction to material by this band other than a total slaughtering is seen as "loving it".

Thus the use of "relative". I actually rather like some of their songs, and I love his voice on songs like "Bat Country".
16.07.2013 - 16:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Kuroboshi on 16.07.2013 at 13:03
Thus the use of "relative". I actually rather like some of their songs, and I love his voice on songs like "Bat Country".

Ah, fair enough so. I do find it interesting that most of the semi-positive comments are coming from people who don't normally like Avenged Sevenfold, and most of the more negative comments are from people who are fans of the band. Strange...
16.07.2013 - 16:15
Doge of Venice

Written by Megadeth88 on 16.07.2013 at 02:26

I don't know the name of the new drummer, but I'll say he's nothing like Portnoy. That's the only reason I gave Nightmare a chance was because of Portnoy, now he's gone and I have no interest in this band, yet again...

Apparently the guy can fairly smash the kit, but apparently they were going for slower, more groove orientated riffs, so they asked him to simplify the drumming a bit.
17.07.2013 - 23:44
Dethking26

This actually isn't all that terrible.
The vocals sound better than normal.
Still not that good though.
20.07.2013 - 18:14
Jvenned

Written by Kwis on 15.07.2013 at 20:48

Nope. It's just a "Wasted Years"-ish lick repeated to infinity and beyond.
21.07.2013 - 09:37
Megadeth88

Written by Doge of Venice on 16.07.2013 at 16:15

Written by Megadeth88 on 16.07.2013 at 02:26

Apparently the guy can fairly smash the kit, but apparently they were going for slower, more groove orientated riffs, so they asked him to simplify the drumming a bit.

It's possible.
21.07.2013 - 11:51
Kwis

Written by Jvenned on 20.07.2013 at 18:14

Written by Kwis on 15.07.2013 at 20:48

Nope. It's just a "Wasted Years"-ish lick repeated to infinity and beyond.

Well you were born a week before me and we share the same Favourite Song, so ALL HAIL JVENNED! Whatever you say is LAW
23.07.2013 - 20:24
Nemo Atkins

I actually really like this. I honestly reckon that, had the vocals been deeper, this could have been an amazing song.

(That's not a complaint against M Shadows: I just think a deeper and more forceful voice would have made this song much better.)
26.07.2013 - 10:12
Savage

I really like this song. A nice tribute to classic heavy metal. Looking forward to the album.

Hits total: 4062 | This month: 3